Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Squeaking belt wont stop.

I have a dumb question. Is it a Motorcraft part? I ask because I tried an aftermarket one, Goodyear I think, and it didn't fit right and I got some weird sounds out of it. I ended up replacing it with a Motorcraft part and it went away. my second thought echos jakedrew, is it the A/C...
  2. W

Have a 4.6L? Here's a problem I bet you all have...

Thanks for posting this. I replaced the upper control arms and lower ball joints on my wife's Explorer today and while there, had a look. Just as you described. Luckily, it hadn't sawed through the wire yet, just into the jacket. I removed the spill ramp thing and trimmed off the offending...
  3. W

New today....

Hi guys Just joined. I've been reading thru various posts and learning quite a bit. My wife and I have a 2005 Explorer XLT V8 4WD. I also had a Sport Trac that I unwisely let go a year ago. I'm still mad at myself for that. Anyway, the 2005 is starting to need some love, so I've come to...
  4. W

05 Ball Joint Related Work

Hi Guys I've done the lower ball joints and upper control arms on my 2004 Sport Trac. My wife's 2005 Explorer is looking similar. I've been reading thru various posts about ball joints, squeaky sway bar mounts, etc. I've read ThePotRoast's upper ball joint thread (nice work) and some of...
Back