Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Anyone ever try using propane like this to save gas

some coachman motorhomes do use propane assist on the engine as well
  2. M

I want to maybe try and make my own. I wonder where the beat place to mount a tank on an explored would be? Spare tire well maybe? I want to try what dlk did but on obd2.
  3. M

It makes more power for sure with diesels. For gasoline I was only looking for economy.
  4. M

A local guy has a similar functioning Australian propane kit on his hemi Ram. He seems really happy with it but the Aussie kit he bought was pricey. What was the total cost of your setup DLK?
  5. M

That was on a 1994 though. I dont beleive it would work on that vehicle because the OBD1 o2 sensors would not pull gasoline. Did you have access to software that could calibrate your fuel injection? If so you could make it work on that vehicle fairly easy. On an OBD2 motor it would...
  6. M

suprised at mpg in high mile 5.0 ....

Thats doing good on milage for 154k man not gonna lie. I would reccomend taking the Bosch plugs out as well. I had fouled plugs after 1 week running them. I figured I would replace them all before they failed on me 1 by 1.
  7. M

Diesel Conversion anyone?

Yeah that would be neat to see. Its a good point they do it in Europe why not here. It would be a perfect application for diesel. Milage and tq.
  8. M

http://www.youtube.com/user/orangerx1#p/a/u/0/jOFtDbdK3BU It is a regulator that works off engine vaccum and 20 in vaccum (idle) the valve is shut. As you accellerate the engine vaccum drops and valve lets small amounts of propane in preportionate to your throttle. Once a small...
  9. M

How to improve MPG?

small tires help.
Back