Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Flat Tow /Neutral Tow Kits

:) Yep.....found a dealer in Cleveland, TN. They were great! All that's really required as far as hardware is a small digital LED. I believe I simply used a 12V LED that I bought at Radio Shack.
  2. C

It works! As a follow-up..... I installed a LED as directed by others and went to the local Ford dealer to reprogram the computer. Done deal and all works awesome!
  3. C

Travel Trailer Wiring on 2005 Sport Trac

A little different question but......Isn't there a connector somewhere in the dash for connecting the brake contoller into wiring?
  4. C

Travel Trailer Wiring on 2005 Sport Trac

I've got a 2005 4x4 Sport Trac that I need to have the 8 pin connector for wiring my travel trailer (w/brakes). What I've found so far is a 4 pin connector located under the bumper a little on the drivers side. I've looked around the forum and saw some notes that there MAY be an 8 pin...
  5. C

need a little education about towing w/ sport-trac

Do you know the approximate weight of bike and trailer? Also, do you know hitch weight of loaded trailer. Honestly, if it's what I have pictured in my head (and without numbers) I think you're ok.
  6. C

Installing trailer brake controller

Thanks for the information! Now I've got a good place to start as far as wiring! :)
  7. C

Factory connector for brake controller?

Thanks much for the information. It's odd how we forget these things even though we've done em before.
  8. C

Installing trailer brake controller

Were'd you find the connection point? I assume that since I've got a factory connector under the bumper, that I've got a connection point under the dash for the brake controller.
  9. C

Factory connector for brake controller?

I'm not with my 2005 Sport Trac at the moment so I'm going from memory. However I know my Sport Trac has the 3 (or 4) pin connector under the bumper from the factory. Does anyone know if the connection for a brake controller installation is present under the dash? Will the small (3 or 4...
  10. C

Towing with 2005 Sport Trac?

Yes, we've towed before and I'd never even think of towing w/o a brake controller. :thumbsup: Also, if the xmission stays cool you're usually good for the life of the vehicle.
  11. C

Any reason you went with a Class II hitch other than cost?
  12. C

I'm not with the Sport Trac at the moment but I was going to check on the cooler first thing. If it doesn't have one I'll be putting one on it. Was the 19' trailer you pulled a travel trailer or flat trailer?
  13. C

Solved Transmission and Axle codes.

Towing and the xmission ....hmmmm My 2005 Sport Trac has a Code of "D" on the door sticker which according to the above posts means it has a A5LDE / 5R44/ 55E xmission. Now the dumb part......what does that tell me about the transmission...especially since I'm thinking of towing.
  14. C

I'm thinking of towing a travel trailer with my 2005 Sport Trac. The owners manual states it has an approx 5050 lb tow rating and I know I have an open 4.10 rear axle (based on door sticker). What's the general feeling about my towing ability as far as towing something in the 4000 lb range...
  15. C

pcm location

Thanks for the post. It's responses that make this forum awesome! :D
  16. C

pcm location

PCM location on 2005 Sport trac? Can anyone tell me where the PCM is located on a 2005 Sport trac? I'm needing to get to pin 33 to install a neutral tow 'kit'. Any suggestions?
  17. C

Wanted neutral tow kit P/N 6L2Z-7H332-A

Yep, I just called them and they quoted me $250 + shipping! My vote is to pass along the information for making the 'kit' and simply let the manufacturer of this one hold on to them. :thumbdwn:
  18. C

Yep, I've heard that also. I did find a couple of place that SAY they have the kit and I'm assuming that Ford can do the programming with the kit installed.
  19. C

2005 Sport trac 4x/4 tow kit I appreciate the chart you provided. According to that, there is a kit for the 2005 Sport trac 4x4. Do you have any experience as far as cost for the cost of the kit or installation costs? Thanks
  20. C

how do these work?

I think you've already got your answer but to add my 2 cents....I put a set on a Jeep Wrangler and simple lug wrench or so will do the job. Easy quick fix to offset issues. I will agree with other posting though - I wouldn't want to add any more stress to the front b/c of the wheel bearings...
  21. C

Terrible noise

Stock. I've been into Jeeps for many, many years and went the route of oversize tires, lifts, etc. This one is my 'comfort' vehicle. I love the way it looks, drives, etc. Just a great vehicle. Anyway, I noticed you said that front bearings start giving problems at my mileage....is that...
  22. C

Terrible noise

I didn't really have a reason to suspect my u-joints b/c it was an intermittent noise. A huge noise when it happened but never-the-less it was not there most of the time. I drove it last night and this morning and - no noise! Still has a slight 'road noise' in it but that may be the tires...
  23. C

Terrible noise

I've had that humming from the front that recently turned into a complete noise pollution problem. Usually after a right turn I would hear a huge metal scraping sound. ...but not aways. It was terrible and could be heard by the neighbors as I went out of the neighborhood. Turns out BOTH my...
  24. C

bullbar?

Okay....thanks for the response. :-)
  25. C

bullbar?

Still for sale? Does your neighbor still have the Westin 30-0005? Does it have the mounting kit also? I'm in Chattanooga, TN. Any idea what the shipping would be? Thanks :thumbsup:
Back