Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Digital Dash Swap?

That looks exactly like the instrument cluster in my old '93 T-Bird. That would look so cool in a GEN1 Exploder!
  2. T

how to convert to a manual hub

Turs out the d/s hub had no play at all but the p/s did. So I took everything out and cleaned and re-assembled, tightened, and greased it. So no play now but we'll see how long that lasts.
  3. T

I've had this Explorer for about 4 years now and I love it. I've never really had any real problems with it until that left wheel got loose. There doesn't seem to be any play in it right now, but I'm still going to pull it off to check anyway since my future ex-wife ran it into a tree and...
  4. T

Thanks for that. I didn't know to look for that pin :( I'll be working on it tomorrow so I'll be sure to take it all apart and check it again. Thanks again!
  5. T

I need to look at mine again. I recently put new brake pads on my '94 XLT 4x4 with Warn manual hubs. The driver's side was loose as heck. I took the locking hub off and checked for play and the rotor flopped around all over the place. I then took everything apart, cleaned it and put it all back...
  6. T

69`Ford 20m HT Cosworth V6

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just saw this while searching for Ford Cortinas and the like. This car is freakin' awesome! Too bad we didn't get them over here:( You Europeans get all the good toys!
  7. T

Explorer comes in last place in Motor Trends 7 passenger CUV comparison

Just a little tidbit of sales info I found: Jeep Grand Cherokee sales (7,612 units) improved 130 percent compared with January last year (3,311 units) In January, the all-new 2011 Explorer sales totaled 7,351, up 73 percent. Data from...
  8. T

2011 stock for stock better than 2011 Grand Cherokee

I have to agree. The Flexplorer isn't even in the same league as the GC anymore. They're two completely different classes of vehicle and shouldn't be compared. It's like apples to oranges.
  9. T

2011 stock for stock better than 2011 Grand Cherokee

Just skimmed through an article in...I think it was Car & Driver (I can't remember) doing a semi-comparison of the '11 Flexplorer and the '11 Grand Cherokee. It said both were good vehicles, but they enjoyed driving the Grand Cherokee more. It also said that the Flexplorer was made for people...
  10. T

Problem and solution with bleed clutch.

I just gave up on my stepson's '94 Explorer sport 5-speed. We tried all day about a week ago to bleed the master cylinder and couldn't get the stupid thing to work. I've decided to walk away from it for a while before I kill it. I'll go back this weekend and pull the master cylinder off and...
  11. T

Auto Hub Washer Fix With Pictures

Just out of curiosity, my '94 has factory Warn manual locking hubs. Although I like them just fine, I wonder if there is a way convert them to auto locking hubs. I can get a set of good auto hubs on fleaby for about $100 bucks. Could the be retrofitted without a great deal of modification?
  12. T

The 2011 explorer

I know exactly what a FWD vehicle drives like. Unfortunately, I'm forced to drive either a Taurus or an Impala at work. I've driven many fwd cars and I don't like them. I don't like the way they drive, handle, or feel. I don't like the goofy proportions of a FWD car design. I also don't like the...
  13. T

Looking forward to test driving the new Explorer

Not necessarily. The Hemi gets pretty decent mileage for a V-8 and when it gets the 7-speed Merc tranny, it'll be even better. The V-8 will never die. There will always be a market for Grand Cherokee's and Durango's with RWD, V-8, and a real 4x4 drivetrain. No doubt about that.
  14. T

The 2011 explorer

I don't care how it rides or handles. That makes no difference to me. It's wrong-wheel-drive with a sideways engine. Therefore, I will never even consider owning one. Ever.
  15. T

The 2011 explorer

I would not even consider the thought of even entertaining the notion of even thinking about purchasing an '11 Flexplorer. It's wrong-wheel-drive with a sideways mounted engine. That precludes any chance that I would ever be interested in buyng one...ever. But you're right, in 15 years there...
  16. T

The 2011 explorer

See, the problem is, I'm a Ford man. Always have been. I don't plan to change my loyalty any time soon. I just won't be buying any "new" Fords until either A: I can afford it...don't hold your breath :D or B: Ford starts building cars/SUV's that "I" want. I want REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE...
  17. T

The 2011 explorer

^^Yep:thumbsup:
  18. T

Looking forward to test driving the new Explorer

And a V-8 option! And a real 4x4 drivetrain with a low-range transfer case! Go team REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE!!!! On a lighter note, I just thought of something. Ford could conceivably offer a V-8 in the '11 Flexplorer if they really wanted to. Since the Flexplorer is based on the D4 platform that...
  19. T

2011 Ford Explorer!

Actually, no. I have a '96 Mark VIII as well and it has memory seats, but it doesn't have the "Auto Glide" feature, as Lincoln calls it, like the '97 LSC does. Not that it matters, but the point I was attempting to make was that the "Auto Glide" seat feature isn't some new-fangled wonder of...
  20. T

2011 Ford Explorer!

That's interesting. My wife's 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC does that.
  21. T

Front seat swap

That reminded me that I have a '94 Explorer Sport that I recently gave to my stepson to drive. I swapped in a pair of '88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe seats and they were a direct bolt in. They aren't power, but they are the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in. Unfortunately, he won't let me...
  22. T

2011 Ford Explorer!

Hmmmm. We're going to Sam's Friday for our monthly grocery run (another reason I love my '94 Exploder...fold the back seats down and load a month's worth of groceries in there, no problem!). I may have to check one out.
  23. T

2011 Ford Explorer!

I have yet to see one. I do actually want to see the "car" in person, not because I have any intention whatsoever of buying one (I couldn't afford it even if I did), I just want to see it. I want to sit in it and see how a Taurus station wagon feels:D. But I have yet to see one anywhere within a...
Back