Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Engine keeps cutting out

You might want to double clean your MAF if you haven't already. Good luck!
  2. C

How many Oxygen sensors on a 94 Explorer??

I see two, but keep hearing about a third??? Thanks! .cd
  3. C

intake cleaning without removal ???

Yes, probably did. Now, I want to keep it open and as clean as possible somehow without disassembly. ..had done one of the Seafoam TB procedures months ago without any noticeable changes. I may try Seafoam to TB again and more often since some "chunks" of crud have been manually removed...
  4. C

I hope so! It's less than 20 degrees (F) here!! :)
  5. C

With very light foot driving my first mileage test after losing the 335 error was 13.04 MPG. Of course, it's an old Explorer and mileage was never great, but I did have a 15.72 MPG back in August with the error. Thanks!
  6. C

I ask because after a year of chasing a 335 code and multiple part swaps and repeated swaps it seems my 335 code was fixed by manually scraping crud out of upper intake just behind throttle body. Of course, it could be a coincidence, but this sure seems to be the case. Also, even though the...
  7. C

Rough Idle and Noise from Intake(?)

How is your snorkel seal from MAF to Throttle body? If it is as iffy as mine there may be leak???? Good luck!
  8. C

Hey All! QUESTION: **without removing the intake** how can I safely de-crud the intake?? THANKS! --cd 1994 Ford Explorer XLT 200,000
  9. C

Engine revs when ECM / PCM / ECU pushed...

Hmm? My question: What are the vacuum lines next to the ECU, please? THANKS! .d
  10. C

Revs, dies, Codes 241, 332, 327. Have installed new.......

UPDATE: Double cleaning of MAF sensor seems to have "fixed" the jumping and lurching behavior.
  11. C

Crooked window

Have you actually looked at the "tracks" to see if there is an adjustment issue? bolt/nut too loose? missing? etc.??? IIRC misalignment during past window servicing caused a similar issue with my door(s). I've rebuilt all four door window motors with regulator gear "plugs" disks at least once...
  12. C

UPDATE: ?? trick to accessing 02 sensor connector???

UPDATE: 02 sensors installed. A couple of things that help with this project are having a general idea of where the electrical end of the sensor harness resides (which is smack dab in the middle rear of the engine sandwiched between intake and firewall) and then cleaning, rubbing the...
  13. C

UPDATE: ?? trick to accessing 02 sensor connector???

Hey All! Oxygen sensors unscrewed easily from exhaust end, but what is the trick to reaching the *OTHER END* of the 02 connectors wire?? They are high and tight on the rear of the engine against the firewall, but not high enough. They seem to be strapped down or contained in someway...
  14. C

Revs, dies, Codes 241, 332, 327. Have installed new.......

Mystery 94 Explorer issues continue... Explorer behavior may.... run fine, have power drops that it usually recovers from, lurches while at red light or drive through due to sudden/random idle increase, occasionally makes ?muffled backfire? sound from ?passenger? side of engine area, may...
  15. C

Battery dead every morning.

Glove box light staying on? Under hood light? Are you 100% sure Alternator is charging at correct level? Is battery over 3 years old? Has battery been tested? Bad connections at battery terminals??
  16. C

It looks like the end, but God has a new beginning!

It looks like the end, but God has a new beginning!
  17. C

Proper tool to remove EGR tube?? Is it Metric, maybe????

UPDATE: HA! Wrong EGR Valve type!! The new EGR valve and tube arrived promptly from online seller. ....thought I would try the top nut that attaches directly to the EGR valve, sneak out the old EGR and leave the bottom tube nut et al for later. I discovered the top nut easily removable with...
  18. C

BIG Thanks, Rhett!! Much appreciated!!
  19. C

Hey All! What is the proper tool to use to remove EGR tube, please? Not sure I have anything that large, so I may have to purchase tool. Also, does anyone recall the size, please? (22mm, maybe??) Currently pre-soaking threads with B'laster 16-PB Penetrating Catalyst in hopes of loosening them...
  20. C

Acts like choke stuck, but what choke???

Hey All! What would act like a stuck carb choke on a 94 Explorer? Bad Behavior is more common after the truck has run a while normally, shutoff and soon restarted --that's when the fun begins; idle increases, some stutter and power drop outs occur, and there is a funky exhaust smell. Any...
  21. C

Intermittent normal turn signal behavior

UPDATE!! I popped out the "flasher" from under the dash (driver's left knee) and pried it opened carefully. There are basically two sets of contact points inside. I gently ran fine sandpaper between each point, reassembled and reinstalled the unit and ALL IS BACK TO NORMAL!!!!! :)
  22. C

Gasoline smell after driving for a while

Do you hear a hiss sound when you open the gas cap? If not, there is no pressure in the system possibly due to failing um, darn! --it's that recycle valve gizmo under the hood. I can't remember the proper name for it, but will write back if I remember. I breathed gas all summer one year...
  23. C

Tips on polishing stock rims?

My 1994 factory alloy wheels are clear coated. I use Simple Green or Krud Kutter and have nice results. I do not use any abrasives.
Back