Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

VIN numbers...Engine replacement

Hey thanks for the number i called but just got call waiting hell? here are the 3 vins 1FMYU60E11UC77235 1FMZU67E11UC69193 1FMZU63E71ZA40476 Like i said looking for a 4x4, SOHC as low mileage as possible. Thanks Brian
  2. 2

VIN numbers...Engine replacement

I am doing some research for my GFriends explorer. She has a 98 4x4 xlt with the SOHC and 118k on it. It was recently diagnosised with a loose timing chain but the quote is 1800 to fix it. I think i can get a 2001 engine installed from a junkyard/ auto recycler etc with less than 50k for the...
  3. 2

Please... Atlanta Mechanics / BELT help

Ok belt looks good. I can take a digital picture of this area but what i need to know is this... 1. My Belt is the loose but in good shape on the pulleys. 2. My tentioner is still there BUT as it moves in a clockwise motion it is alrady 100% to the left say at a 9 or 10 o clock on the face...
  4. 2

Please... Atlanta Mechanics / BELT help

Please... BELT help assuming its Tentioner Ok had a new belt put on my X. Now when i touch it, it is lose to the touch...plus the alternater isnt charging....etc. I cant tell if the belt wasnt puit on correctly or if the tentioner went bad suddenly... but basically i am screwed unless i...
  5. 2

SEA FOAM!!!

WOW used deep creep got it at napa for 4.99ish just took off the front and sprayed into right into the throttle plate while keeping it reved up... WOW it stalled twice while i did it and it took like 2-3 minutes. It didnt pour smoke but some white smoke came out. Then i went out after letting...
  6. 2

AC recharge

Yeah...again expertise is appreciated but we are just trying to keep our Xs in perfect condition.
  7. 2

AC recharge

ok here is actually the situation... My compressor cycles ALOT... at idle it almost causes the car to idle because the compressor kicks on and as the car adjusts its idle the compressor kicks back off. This in my experience means that i am low on freon (134) so i wa trying to add more. The...
  8. 2

AC recharge

I cant get my can to empty at all...the guage works fine... the can works if you just press the button...i am following the directions... Any ideas? Does it work better with the AC off...the can says to do it at Max AC engine running. I pressed down the button of a shaken can for a good 2...
  9. 2

AC recharge

I bought one of these kits from wlamart and got a reading of 25 right on the edge of what it says needs to be filled. However using the supplied can of refridgerant etc i was unable to get the system to take any r134 any ideas guys? Thanks in advance Brian
  10. 2

Would you buy a diesel X?

Diesels in Europe Diesels are the rage in europe where gas and diesel is around 3-4 times what it is here. In austria 80% of new cars are diesels. A diesel in an explorer just makes sense...much more so then hybrids.... DC motors can haul but they have to weight so much they arent practical...
  11. 2

Adding heated seats or high to remove the seat cover

Ah...well Georgia girls dont tolerate the cold very well. I have found that if i am driving and want the air set at a reasonable 72 she will be freezong over there...where as if she has a heated seat i get no complaints. Basically it is a tool so that i can have cooler air in the cabin but still...
  12. 2

4.0 SOHC Owners - What is your Avg. MPG and.... ??

15 inch wheels would offer less rolling resistence so they might contribute to higher MPG.... 1997 might have different emissions etc.... I made the year note because my user name says i have a 2000 which i dont...i have a 1997 now.
  13. 2

Adding heated seats or high to remove the seat cover

I have found a inside connection on generic heated seat elements, wiring and a switch. I want to add these to my 97 limited. Does anyone know how to remove the seat cover on the leather interior limiteds? I mean is it hog rings j channels etc. Anyone who has done it or could kinda lay it out for...
  14. 2

4.0 SOHC Owners - What is your Avg. MPG and.... ??

1997 Limited 4WD 3.55 gears 18-19 city 22 highway over the last 4 months and 6000 miles in atlanta traffic. But i do have a light foot and 15 inch wheels.
  15. 2

Electrical Gremlin...PLEASE HELP guys....

So its FIXED......guess what...it was the fuse panel inside the vehicle...mositure following in....heat expanding blah blah blah. Ran some new leads to the battery and good to go. I guess the ford radio had plenty of juice to stay on where as the alpine was more "picky". B
  16. 2

Has any one ever made a 2 door MOUNTAINEER

whats different about a mouty's headliner?
  17. 2

Nope fiddled with the ground and the battery this morning to no avail. The radio never came on stayed off for my 20-25 minute drive. Ever notice that an explorer makes a lot of little noises going down the road...boy you notice all of them when you have no radio for background noise...
  18. 2

OK i like that idea...i mean i just had my negative battery terminal + wire replaced at the dealership AND i cleaned the engine bay this weekend (just a wipe down) but i did clean around the battery. I will fiddle with that the next time the thing goes dead. Keep the ideas coming guys...
  19. 2

No radio does not lose power but that is something i had not mentioned. It is like suddenly something tell the radio that the truck is on and it powers up normally. It doesnt have to do with jarring it etc. It will sometimes happen sitting at a dead stop.
  20. 2

Right just to clarify. How does the explorer know the key is on. Does the keyless module have of knowing. Is the Keyless module in the driver cargo area the same thing that effects the autolocks. Are the autolocks pressure activated or anything like that could there be a sensor in the seat...
  21. 2

This is a HU from 1995 or 1996. It was used actively till Feb this year then sat for the last 4 months now its in the X. I am trying to think of a wire that would cause the events i described. Remeber the radio alwasy HAS power as evidenced by the CD changer having power. NOTHING i did to...
  22. 2

Yep all the fuses are good. Also this comes and goes with nothing seeming to change. A fuse would be a one time burn out no recovery. Thanks for the thought....KEEP DIGGING guys someone must have a clue wher ei should be looking.... THANKS Brian
  23. 2

Help......

Is your fuse panel numbered with mini fuses and a little white holder in the bottom right?
  24. 2

All right this will be a long post. I have been carefully analyzing things trying to issolate whats wrong with my new explorer. I will start this by saying i do NOT think there is a short or a problem with the radio but why i think that will be explained below. 1997 Explorer limited. I...
  25. 2

Need a new bezel for around the radio/AC

there is one on ebay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2422523957&category=40017 not 4x4 though
Back