Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Anyone for wheeling tomorrow, jersey/NY area?

Hey guys. Finally put my add a leaf, shackles and did the TT last weekend. Im itching more than ever to go wheeling. I live in bayonne, nj, but am willing to make a bit of a drive if neccessary to go wheeling. So heres my deal: I've never gone wheeling, but i do have a good head on my...
  2. A

New Fuel pump, still no start, Help!

hey guys. My truck died 3:30 am today on the side of the highway. Had it towed home. No fuel at the rail, no fuel pump "hum/whine". Swapped Fuel Pump Relay with Horn Relay, still didn't start. Ok, off to Autozone I went and got fuel pump and replaced it. Just got it back together and to my...
  3. A

North Jersey Trails/Wheeling Spots???

Hey guys. I live in Bayonne, NJ. I have had my explorer for over a year now and other than last years sweet snow filled winter, I have never gone off roading, BUT I really want to! Im stock at the moment. I'd like to find some mild trails to go get my feet wet wheeling, without driving a...
  4. A

Remote start wire Location help!

Hey guys. Got my truck all apart right now. In the middle of installing my remote start/keyless entry. It is an Avital 4103. I have a print out from both, the12volt.com and caralarmpros.com of each wire color, location and function. My problem is I cannot find the "factory disarm" wire. Both...
  5. A

@#$@ PATS....Won't start, broken ignition collar..HELP!

First off let me just vent and say how rediculous the PATS system is. I mean I understand its a great anti-theft system, but it is just to expensive and invasive if you need a new key or have any other problem. :mad: Ok. So heres the story. I have a 99, and only ONE working key. I was...
  6. A

Pre-Snow "Transfer Case tune up???"

Most of us have seen after the first snowfall of the year, the Forum will light up with tons of 4x4 issues, stuck in 4low, No 4x4, etc. So as we approach the snow season, I was wondering if there is any kind of "tune up, or check up" we could do to/give our transfer cases, other than just...
  7. A

What kind AND where to get 4x4 switch BULBS?

I have been searching for over an hour on the site, I've read tons of people asking the same question and getting what seems like half answers and/or LED information. I'm not looking to convert to LED's. I just want to know what type of bulb is in the 4x4 switch, and the rear defrost and fog...
  8. A

Wanted:GOOD but CHEAP front shaft

Just what the title says. Im looking for a good, working front driveshaft on the cheap, don't have the $300+ for a new/rebuilt one. It's for a '99 auto 4x4 4.0l v6. Adam.
  9. A

How much "PLAY" in rear wheels is "OK?

In my search for a vibration on the highway (still present after new tires, balancing, and having tire shop double check balancing, new U joints and balanced driveshaft, no frontshaft on vehicle), today i jacked up the rear end and ran the truck up to around 70 mph with the rear wheels off the...
  10. A

Just ordered Kumho Road Venture AT KL78's

Just ordered these from tirerack for my stock 99 xlt. Has excellent reviews. Should be an excellent all around tire. Anyone else running these? Adam. Link to tires...
  11. A

Delta current e-fan controller owners chime in please

Hey guys. I just installed a flex a lite 180 e-fan on monday. I have searched and read a lot of Aldives posts (RIP). I really like the design and functionality of the Delta Controls VSC unit. But it seems that aldive had every controller he bought fail on him within a year or so, including...
  12. A

Flex a Lite 180 Controller question

I'm ready to buy a Flex A Lite 180 electric cooling fan. But what I am trying t find out, and HAVE searched the many threads on E-fans is: What kind of controller is included with the fan in the kit? Is it a progressive/variable speed controller(wich is what i want) or just an on/off thermostat...
  13. A

Cooling Fan Conversion KIT on Ebay....

Saw this on ebay. It says its for a 1991 to 1997. I have a 1999, and I can't imagine theres that much of a difference for this not to work on a 99? Yes I know I can get a taurus fan and make that work too. But Im just looking for input on if/why this should or shouldn't fit a 99 also. Thanks...
  14. A

Best gasket maker?

Hey guys. I just got my Amsoil order in, and my axle and pinion seals should be here by the weekend. Im going to be replacing the front and rear diff fluids as part of this job. Im looking for opinions/suggestions on the best "gasket maker" for the diff covers. Last time i changed the rear...
  15. A

wich thermostat? 180 or 195 degree?

i have a 99 4.0 SOHC that i replaced plugs wires air filter coolant, and a 180 degree thermostat a few weeks ago when i replaced all my chain guides and cassettes. I didnt notice where my temp gauge sat before all this but now it sits just a hair below the water temp symbol on the gauge, not the...
  16. A

My X in the snow today! pics

Heck of a morning! I really love this truck! For being all stock, it did great. When i got to work i was plowing snow with the front bumper through the snowbank and the lot! How did everyone else fair in this storm?
  17. A

Quick Help/Advice on Balance shaft tensioner Please!

Ok. So todays my day off. Finally got back out to the truck. Finally got the damn crank pulley off after a little struggle and now the timing cover is off. The primary tensioner is ok, but i will still replace it because its the old, weaker 3 leaf spring one. However, the noise is from the...
  18. A

Rear timing chain question with pic

Began my project of dealing with the good ol timing chain rattle on my 99 sohc. Pulled the right valve cover first to see if i need to pull the engine or not. As far as i can tell the rear guide and chain seem to be intact. Can anyone help me confirm this by this picture? I tried pulling and...
Back