Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Cjpooch

Explorers Little Sister Turning Off When Shifting

Yeah I looked through some forums and whatnot online but couldn't find anything similar. Thought I'd through it out to the Explorer community. I've learned a lot for this group. Smart people all around.
  2. Cjpooch

Explorers Little Sister Turning Off When Shifting

Ok, I hate to make a post about my wife's stupid Escape. I told her to get an Explorer. We went grocery shopping last night, come out, load up, get in the car, turn it on with the key, go to leave.....and nothing. The engine cuts off when you hit the shifter button. Not even when you try...
  3. Cjpooch

DIY: Replace Oil Pressure Sensor

Yeah. I used it to replace mine too.
  4. Cjpooch

Weird Buzzing

Need help guys/girls. About 45 mins ago I started getting a loud "buzzing" or "winding" noise coming from inside. It's in the drivers area around the steering column. Seems louder if I stick my head down by the pedels. It almost sounds like when an old computer is "thinking". I wasn't really...
  5. Cjpooch

First time Ford Explorer Owner, UGH...

Sounds fishy to me that the CEL was "burnt" out. Did you see the bulb? I'm thinking they pulled it like Jon said.
  6. Cjpooch

Engine shuts down at 60+MPH. Help?

Are you using the cruise control when it happens?
  7. Cjpooch

Power Door Lock/Remote/Door Ajar Light Issue

Yes I would. Like Rondo said it's almost always a broken wire in that location, and they can be difficult to find. Go wire by wire, take your time and be patient.
  8. Cjpooch

Power Door Lock/Remote/Door Ajar Light Issue

I hope you have that on copy and paste Rondo! You help out a lot of people with this issue :D
  9. Cjpooch

Interesting Problem: Chugging but no loss of power

It sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Maybe check the fuel pressure, AutoZone has a pressure gauge in the loan program, or you can purchase one. I think they are getting around $40 for one at AZ, you can find them online cheaper though. I would start by checking the pressure, and probably...
  10. Cjpooch

2004 explorer 4.0 sohc

Have you checked this out? Not sure if it will help you http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=265785
  11. Cjpooch

Thanks for the help!

That was a random jacking, but welcome!
  12. Cjpooch

02' Explorer Limited 4x4 V8

Welcome. What's your oil issue?
  13. Cjpooch

General question: Explorer, a great car or a great problem?

I second that. I was more than happy to pay cash when I bought my rig.
  14. Cjpooch

'10 EB Cargo Storage

Sounds pretty nice. My dogs would love a limo experience. Modded up with water bowls, a toy box, dog beds. But I lack the expertise for such a build. I'd have my X tore up from the floor up. Would love to see some pictures after you're done!
  15. Cjpooch

General question: Explorer, a great car or a great problem?

The best part of my Explorer is this forum. If I have a question on how to replace a wiper blade, or swap an engine, there's someone here that has done it, and is willing to help. I think you already did the hardest part by just finding the forum.
  16. Cjpooch

O2 sensor

Ok. Thank you guys.
  17. Cjpooch

O2 sensor

Hey I've search all over, can't seem to find my answer. Am I correct that bank 2 sensor 2 is the passenger side rear sensor? I've been getting code P0156 for a few months. It come and goes, but I have an O2 laying around so I'm just gonna throw it in.
  18. Cjpooch

Day off tomorrow. Few projects for my new 2002 Ford Explorer XLT. Anything else?

I just changed my oil, air filter, and cleaned my MAF, and IAC. I need to do my plugs and wires soon.
  19. Cjpooch

Try posting your own thread. You probably won't find many answers on someone elses new member thread. Not being rude, but more people will see it if you post in the correct place.
  20. Cjpooch

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll learn lots about your 02' like I have.
  21. Cjpooch

John_Rock's 2001 Sport Trac 4x4

I without a doubt think John had the best Sport Trac I've seen. I never really liked ST until I saw his. Didn't someone from the site buy it from his daughter? RIP John.
  22. Cjpooch

My Exp05

If you have a bullet proff car I'm thinking a diagram is the least of your worries, but thats just me :D But, kidding aside, I don't have one. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.
  23. Cjpooch

Score!

I know. I went to Home Depot to get some yesterday, got distracted in the tool section, spent a bunch of money on crap I don't need, and when I got home I realized I didn't even get the bolts! Oh well, still waiting on the hooks, so I have a few days.
  24. Cjpooch

2002 Explorer Oil Change

KDoggy, if you have the 4.0, you only need 5 qts. The 4.6 takes 6 qts.
  25. Cjpooch

Score!

Looks good. I just bought some Friday. Couldn't find any junk yard ones so I paid way more then I wanted to on EBay.
Back