Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

97 Explorer Sport wet in cargo area after wash or rain

Does your truck have a sun roof? I had the same issue and originally thought it was those rear windows and after tightening the bolts on both sides the problem was still there...turns out the rear sunroof drain hose kinked on my drivers side, and that stopped the water flow, so the water would...
  2. 0

What weight motor oil for a 5.0?

195K on mine...always use 5w30 (sometimes synthetic sometimes not) with no issues
  3. 0

After 6 years of driving explorers....

I did the exact same thing as the op except I traded my other car in for a 2010 Jetta with 23k, and kept the Explorer of course haha. I went with 2.5 also except mine has the 6 speed conventional auto (blah but it does shift nice and has sport mode)...can't beat the gas mileage compared to the...
  4. 0

Air Filter Recommendation?

I never had a MAF problem either with my mac cold air intake which had an oiled open element filter...I've got the stock assembly with a Purolator filter on now, gets like 1 mpg better :D but doesn't sound as good under acceleration :(
  5. 0

What bulb for 2001 explorer side view mirror puddle light?

It takes a 921 bulb....you can replace it with an LED bulb that has the same base as a 194/168/921
  6. 0

First steps enhancing my 97 EX

I'll vouch for that, pretty much every suspension component on mine has been replaced and it drives AMAZINGLY with 191k lol how many miles on yours? looks like it's in pretty good shape
  7. 0

2000 5.0L Radiator

It was for the 4.0 SOHC, and yeah it looked exactly the same in the picture as the 5.0 one but it is a different model number so something has to be different lol
  8. 0

2000 5.0L Radiator

I just checked rockauto, they list 2308 for the 5.0 and 2309 for the 4.0 for a 2000 model year
  9. 0

2000 5.0L Radiator

Yeah, figured it was a single row since it looked exactly the same as the one that came out. But yeah definitely check rockauto!!
  10. 0

2000 5.0L Radiator

I used a Spectra Premium CU2308 radiator in mine, not sure if its single or double row but it's supposed to be a factory replacement type...done about 2000 miles with it, no overheating or any other problems so far. It looks like it's $140 on amazon but I paid $116+ shipping for it on rockauto.com
  11. 0

bored , just some pictures of my explorer

Nice truck, super clean, I'm highly jealous especially of the interior haha +1 another one from jersey here, been bothered for the window tints yet? I just got a $55 ticket for mine :roll:
  12. 0

My S/C install...Finally!

Subscribed, can't wait to see this done! And I really like that gauge setup, looks a hell of a lot better than the ghetto oil pressure gauge setup I put in my center console
  13. 0

Willcall's 2001 XLT V8 AWD

Ahhh I'm so jealous of the sport trac seats!! I've been on the lookout for a set of those two tone ones for a while now but I haven't found any, junk yard by me sucks anyway.
  14. 0

Photos Lets see those 2nd Gen EX/Mounty

Here's mine...has engine problems but i still like it anyways lol Mine and my friends 99' Limited
  15. 0

Blend door not moving.

The in-car air temp sensor is behind the little vent looking thing between the radio bezel and the pass. airbag cover. The 604-202 part number is the Dorman brand part number, so that's why you're not seeing it on the actuator that you took out of the truck since that one wasn't made by Dorman...
  16. 0

Blend door not moving.

Yup do some searching on here too cause I know there's lots of threads about this, I did find this one which talks about the model numbers for the auto and manual ones and the quality of aftermarket ones vs. getting the part from ford http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318602...
  17. 0

Blend door not moving.

The clicking sound definitely sounds like a bad blend door actuator, had the same problem/sound with my friend's 99 Explorer Limited, we replaced the actuator and it works now. There's a different blend door actuator for the system with manual A/C controls vs. the auto climate control that you...
  18. 0

NEW 2001 Mercury Mountaineer

Wow I am thoroughly jealous what an awesome find!
  19. 0

BD's 2000 Explorer Limited

congrats on the vic dude, looks great
  20. 0

Oil Pressure Craziness and Knocking

Thanks so much for the replies and suggestions! Yes my truck does have the 5.0L V8, and I don't have the tools or expertise to take the engine apart that much unfortunately :( my dad's friend that's a mechanic suggested that I immediately change the oil and filter...the oil seemed unusually...
  21. 0

problem with the oil gauge...

Everything inside the gauge cluster is hard plastic, including the little stopper
  22. 0

problem with the oil gauge...

The button in the picture is the button to reset the trip odometer.....you can pull the gauge cluster out of the dashboard and open it up and move the needle back where it needs to go, instructions here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46290
  23. 0

Oil Pressure Craziness and Knocking

So I was driving home from school today and I noticed that my oil pressure gauge was going crazy, when I accelerated it started moving rapidly between L and H, just bouncing all over the place. When I was just coasting or just sitting at a light idling, it went to the normal halfway mark and...
  24. 0

Willcall's 2001 XLT V8 AWD

Nice truck, looks almost just like mine :D
  25. 0

oil changing

...I use mobil 1 5w-30 high milage with a mobil 1 filter
Back