Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

My '97 Mountaineer

I don't believe you. Mine is in perfect shape. In and out. Engine and trans perfect. Brand new tires and a class 3 Reese hitch
  2. V

Totally in the dark

yeah, i'm somewhat new also. glad you like the color of my mountaineer. im in love with it. couldn't be happier with any other car, especially for the price. i tried looking for some pics of ur truck but couldnt find any. you have to upload them onto a website like photobucket.com and then copy...
  3. V

My '97 Mountaineer

My Google Review for Mobile Concepts (Orland Park, IL) I took my vehicle here to have my aftermarket radio properly installed. I could have installed it myself, but could not get the power antenna to properly work. So, I brought it to Mobile Concepts, and they told me they could properly...
  4. V

My '97 Mountaineer

on the reciept it says no refunds. only store credit. honestly i want to get the stock radio put back in, tell them give me a $325 radio (thats what total was with radio) and i'm taking it somewhere else to get it PROFESSIONALLY installed by REAL PROFESSIONALS!
  5. V

My '97 Mountaineer

honestly, im not sure if the stock sub works. i'm done with that place. i will never step foot in there again. they took my money, but will never get a cent from me again. im writing a bad review of the place as we speak. and will NEVER recommend this place to anyone. Now I'm left with 2...
  6. V

My '97 Mountaineer

found this answer on answers.com (my name is Vince too!) Chances are your Explorer has the premium JBL sound system. If so, the antenna and everything else run to an amp in the rear of the vehicle near the subwoofer instead of behind the dash. You'll need an adapter and a long extension to run...
  7. V

Aftermarket radio with OEM power antenna?

hey, did you ever fix your problem. i cant figure mine out either. i have a 97 mountaineer and the antenna wont work either....radio works fine, but no power to the antenna
  8. V

My '97 Mountaineer

here is my question....does anyone know how to do this themselves? all of the cables are hooked up properly. the radio sounds perfect, but why won't the antenna work properly?
  9. V

My '97 Mountaineer

UPDAte on the AFTER MARKET RADIO and POWER ANTENNA situation I brought my 97 mountaineer back to the place that installed the after market radio. They told me that my mountaineer has a "semi-automatic power antenna" (like its a gun) and it will only properly work (go up and down) with ford...
  10. V

My '97 Mountaineer

yes the power antenna was completely fine before the install and they agree to that 2 yes the power antenna was completely fine before the install and they agree to that 2 when i went there this morning the guy that did it told me he was having problems with the antenna so it either stays up...
  11. V

My '97 Mountaineer

just got off work and they're closed. when i went there this morning the guy that did it told me he was having problems with the antenna so it either stays up or down. he said he left it up cuz he assumed i listened to FM radio. he said he could put it down if id like. but he didnt assume i get...
  12. V

My '97 Mountaineer

I went to the place that installed it and they said the antenna is either up or down. He wasn't sure how to properly do it. Does anyone know how I could fix this myself. I'm not settling for my POWER antenna to stay up. Its a power antenna. How am I supposed to get my car washed.
  13. V

My '97 Mountaineer

power antenna I even located the wire for the antenna. it's plugged in the back of my trunk where the back winder washer fluid (would be) located. for some reason my mountaineer came without one. has the cap to pour the fluid in but no reservoir. but anyway the whole reason i posted this is cuz...
  14. V

My '97 Mountaineer

aftermarket radio installation (no power antenna) i just dont think they hooked the radio up to the antenna at all. the motor makes no noise. and i didnt go to best buy. the guy at best buy told me i needed it professionally installed so i went somewhere else. could i have installed this radio...
  15. V

My '97 Mountaineer

i just dont think they hooked the radio up to the antenna at all. the motor makes no noise. and i didnt go to best buy. the guy at best buy told me i needed it professionally installed so i went somewhere else. could i have installed this radio myself or was there extra wiring needed? i know how...
  16. V

Andrew's 1996 Explorer XLT

i would love for you to do most of this stuff to my 97 mountaineer. plus you dont live too far away from me. maybe you can answer a question of mine. i bought an aftermarket radio. got the correct harness and i have the 97 mountaineer with the sub in the back. i was TOLD by a tech at best buy...
  17. V

Andrew's 1996 Explorer XLT

wish i had as much knowledge as you. seems i have a lot to learn. what is your estimated price on how much you have done? i want mine to be as perfect as yours. my favorite part is the aftermarket running boards and for the same reason. to keep out salt and moisture...
  18. V

My '97 Mountaineer

i bought an aftermarket radio. got the correct harness and i have the 97 mountaineer with the sub in the back. i was TOLD by a tech at best buy that i needed to wire some wire from my radio all the way back to my antenna? so i took my radio in to get professionally installed. i just noticed that...
  19. V

My '97 Mountaineer

do you got pics? thanks, sounds like you did get a deal tho, do you have any pictures? i never would have imagined my first car would be this one, but i am so glad. timing was perfect.
  20. V

My '97 Mountaineer

Windshield IS NOT cracked it seems that on the 4th picture (under sunroof picture) the windshield looks cracked. it's actually a cracked glass table leaning against the wall.
  21. V

My '97 Mountaineer

SUNROOF!! These are just some quick pics I took of the interior. Nothing special, but CLEAN :) I'll take more soon in day light!
  22. V

new owner...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299822 nice buy, check out mine
  23. V

My '97 Mountaineer

I bought my '97 Mountaineer the summer of 2010 for only $999 (+tax). Milage at 158,000. I bought it from the same dealership that originally sold it to the first and only owner. It came with Power windows, and LEATHER SEATS (2 front power seats,) sunroof, 6 disc CD changer, nearly new (nitrogen)...
Back