Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Anti Theft Light Flashing On Dash , Car wont start.

you are a genius,... and you saved me a lot of money because this worked for me,....!!! :salute:
  2. H

2002 Explorer will not start

I having this same problem,.... hope this fixes mine,......!!!!!
  3. H

2002 explorer transmission problem

Vehicle isn't shifting into 3rd,... Dropped pan and found 2 pieces in he pan,... one is a wedge with a notch and anyone have any idea,...? I found where the wedge piece goes but not how put it back on,.... can't attach,.. see pic on my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/heyscuba
  4. H

Transfer case problem, won't come out of 4 wheel high

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition, 4 WD, having problems with the transfer case, it won't come out of 4 Wheel High,... I keep hearing either check or change the fluid in the transfer case,... or check all the associating fuses,... I can't find ho to check the level of fluid...
  5. H

Transfer Case Fluid, How About Mobile 1 Instead Of MERCON V?

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition, 4 WD, having problems with the transfer case, it won't come out of 4 Wheel High,... I keep hearing either check or change the fluid in the transfer case,... or check all the associating fuses,... I can't find ho to check the level of fluid where...
  6. H

Battery drain on a 2002 Explorer.

do you have an amp meter or multi meter,..? what I did was take one of these, unhook the positive cable on the battery put the meter between the post and the cable by clamping the leads to the cable and the battery post, you'll have to let it sit for a while 30 minutes or so and now the meter...
  7. H

I do not have the wiring diagram,... have no idea how to get one,... not much of a mechanic here,... :salute: Isn't there supposed to be a something on this vehicle that stops the battery drain, and won't allow it to drain past a certain level,..? I recently heard something about that.
  8. H

also,... lets talk fuse boxes, I'm confused,... there one under the hood, I started there,... there are 2 fuses mark #1 and #29,... when I pull them the drain goes away,.. each fuse takes half the drain,... in the book those are marked 'PJB' (is that passenger junction box?) so does this mean...
  9. H

thanks for the responses,... I think I may have forgotten an important thing,... to let the meter sit for 40 minutes after connecting it,... so that 0.62 reading may be off,... but the problem started after coming home from like 6 to 10 day trips and the car sitting in a parking lot all that...
  10. H

ok,.. got a battery drain of 0.60 to 0.62,... when I pull fuses # 1 (marked PJB) the drain goes to 0.29 to 0.30 and when I pull fuse # 29 the drain goes all the way to 0.04 to 0.5,.... so, I think it must be in that area of the drain in the 2 PJB fuses,... (Passenger Junction Box's,...)...
Back