Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Help Clearing Moonroof Drain Lines on '16 Explorer With Dead Motor

I'm replying a bit late to this but I am in the category of never wanting a sunrooof again. I had used my sunroof maybe 50 times over 5 years and then a small plastic clip that holds the shade snapped and the shade flew to the back and will not stay over the sunroof if I try to pul it back to...
  2. M

Moonroof Shade Breaks

I know I am late responding to this but I would think most people just have not reported this problem as much. I had it happen 2 years ago to me and I finally had Ford look at it last week and they told me that the little plastic tab is part of the whole track assembly and the part is $2k plus...
  3. M

Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement

There were no codes, the light just comes on and goes off. I will have to have the oil pressure checked, I was just hoping it is the easy fix, I had no issues until yesterday on my way to work when at the end of my trip it came on. After work I had forgotten about it and I drove home and again...
  4. M

Thank you for all of that info, I am having it looked at tomorrow so hopefully, the mechanic will check all the options.
  5. M

Hey Peter, yeah I might as well now, it would not be worth more than 1k to trade in and it drives great, I have about 190k kms on it now and the only large issue was that damn PTU. Well, that and the paint that started bubbling 1600km's after the warranty ended:( I keep it in great shape so I...
  6. M

I know this was a year ago but did anyone else complete this job and if so was there any easier way? How long did it take you would you say Tadams19? I am hoping this is the issue I am having. My light came on yesterday, I changed the oil and filter but it still comes on, if I accelerate it goes...
  7. M

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

So I took a quick look at this thread, but it is huge... I have not had any sensor lights come on but this winter I noticed my Steering wheel gets stiff from about 20 degrees to 30 degrees left or right of center, I thought maybe y PS fluid was low until I found out I do not have a power...
  8. M

Sunroof Shade Slider guide help

Did you ever find this piece? The same thing just happened to my 2011.
  9. M

Water Leak

Ok, thank you. What product did you use? It looks like you sprayed something on.
  10. M

Water Leak

So there were no clips Alen holding it to a thin piece of metal?
  11. M

Water Leak

For people who removed the roof racks, was it hard? I saw a video but the guy mentions there is a thin strip of metal that is clipped on and can easily be bent. I am a little worried about trying to take them off because of that....
  12. M

Are you able to send me the pictures please of where your leak was. They have water behind my...

Are you able to send me the pictures please of where your leak was. They have water behind my third row seats. My email is donald.r.macdonald@gmail.com Thank you Don
  13. M

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

I checked the myford site and it shows up on my Vin, they must have just thought it was not affecting Canada as it was probably not on my Vin when I asked 10 days ago. Thank you though Peter. I did not think you owned a Explorer anymore but I see in your signature you got a new one! Nice, I...
  14. M

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

I called my local dealer here in Ottawa Peter and the told me Canada is not doing this. Have you heard different?
  15. M

PTU Problems

Thank you for that info Peter, I called Ford and they are doing it tomorrow. They quoted me $350 more then they beat my other quote by lowering it by $390. SO now I get it done right away and have the warranty on the part and work. Thank you again for the info.
  16. M

PTU Problems

No, I did not know that.......
  17. M

PTU Problems

Wow, different places charge quite a bit more....Midas quoted me $3200 for the PTU, Struts and strut mounts and labour. A local shop quoted me $2050 for all the same work.
  18. M

PTU Problems

So advance auto parts and other places have 2 PTU's list one for a little over a grand and one for 1200 or so. Both give back money if you return your old one I think 300 and 400 respectively. Midas quoted 1900...$1400 for the part and they did not mention the refund and just under 5 hours...
  19. M

PTU Problems

Hey Peter, it's been a while. We are about to start our drive from Colorado to Ottawa next week and I noticed some oil in my garage, I have had 3 different quotes now with all of them being different and at least 1 thinks the whole PTU needs to be replaced and 1 of the other ones thought just...
  20. M

OEM Or Aftermarket Brakes? Recommendations.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for new brake pads and rotors? The new pad i bought from Pep boys last year lasted less then a year and my original ones had last 5 years....
  21. M

Failed water pump and engine fans

Thank you for your help Crystal. Ford paid for everything except the 1 hour labor to put the new Fan assembly in. SO that saved me $250. Thanks again!
  22. M

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

I was just re-reading this thread and saw your post. I reported the same issue a year ago when I was at 37,500 Miles so 1500 over and they said they will not do anything unless it rusts through. Did they ever do anything for you? I agree with you that it is a weird spot for the paint to just...
  23. M

I noticed you had a new vehicle in your signature. How are you liking that compared to the Explorer?
  24. M

Hey Peter, it's been a while.:) This is what my Service advisor just emailed me from Ford after I asked him what you had wrote. "The fan/module is an entire assembly from Ford you cannot replace one or the other. The test has not yielded any other results beyond power is going to the...
  25. M

Paint Issues - Non Hood

Did anyone else besides me ever have issues with the paint peeling on the back?
Back