Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

99 4.0 won't start

Did you ever get an anser to how long it should last? This just happened today to me. A guy banged on the fuel tank when I tried to start it and it worked fine. It is a 96 XLT and I am looking to get something else. Don't want to drop the money on this if I do not have to.
  2. N

EGR Valve Pressure Sensor - 96 Explorer V8

Does anyone know where the EGR Valve Pressure Sensor is on a 1996 Explorer - V8? I pulled code P0402 and cannot find this sensor. This is not to be mistaken with the EGR Valve Position Sensor which is attached to the EGR Valve. :confused:
  3. N

1996 "P" XLT EGR Removal/Install

Thanks for the replies... I see the two nuts holding the egr to remove. However, because I cannot "see" the lower nut, I assumed it was the same size as the upper nut. That's what gave me problems. Thanks! Anyway, the light has not come back on since I unplugged it so I might be good to...
  4. N

You know what happened... Since I unplugged the sensor when I originally attempted to replace it, the Check Engine light has not come back on. It's been a couple of days...so far so good. That may have done enough to fix it. :chug:
  5. N

Squealing brakes - HELP

I think so... I believe so...can't remember. If not, just ask for them at the counter where you got the pads. Shouldn't cost much.
  6. N

Squealing brakes - HELP

Shim-on, shim-on (like she-bang) I hate to tell ya, but you should put the shims on. I know you've taken those pads off a million times already, but that should do it. The sticky no-squeal stuff is only helping you for a while. That tells me that it's wearing off in those twenty miles and...
  7. N

I reviewed a bunch of posts regarding the Explorer'd EGR on this site. However, has anyone removed one from a 1996 Ford Explorer XLT V8. It's in the back of the engine right in front of the Transmisison dip stick tube. I can't get anything back there to get it off. BTW...I am just trying to...
  8. N

Beeping Sound

Does it have a non-stock radio receiver? I have a Pioneer and it has some security feature that beeps three times when I turn the car off.
  9. N

New Center Console Cover!

Man, we're just playing with you. It's slow at work today. But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't use it.
  10. N

New Center Console Cover!

Damn man! Are you a P.I.M.P.???? :D Do you have the matching leisure suit? My question is, 'Where the hell did you get that fabric from???'. :D Just jokes...if it works for you, then to hell with all of us. Were you smoking dope that day???? :D Had to get one last one in.:p
  11. N

Pioneer Multi-CD Issue

Again, thanks for the replies... I got it fixed! It was the freaking receiver itself. The new Pioneer systems are basically plug-and-play. By simply attaching a Pioneer multi-cd player to the receiver using the IP-Bus cable, the receiver should have recognized it. I took it back to where I...
  12. N

Pioneer Multi-CD Issue

It's the receiver jack... Confirmed that it is a bad jack on the back of the receiver. Connected a brand new cable from Pioneer and it still doesn't work. Connected the Multi-CD Player to a different receiver and it works. Now I might be out of a radio until they fix or replace the receiver...
  13. N

Pioneer Multi-CD Issue

Brand spanking new I just bought the CD Changer two a week ago from Hi-Fi Buys. The receiver was purchased a month ago. I am going to have the IP-Bus cable tested tomorrow and will let all of you know. I would hate to find out that it is the receiver and have to return it.
  14. N

Pioneer Multi-CD Issue

Maybe the cable?` Thanks for the reply. I am going back to the store to replace the IP-BUS cable and hopefully that's it.
  15. N

Pioneer Multi-CD Issue

I bought a Pioneer DEH-P6500 Receiver along with a Pioneer Premier CDX-P686 Multi-CD Player. Everything is hooked up but the receiver is NOT recognizing the Multi-CD Player. There IS power to the Multi-CD Player (Reset and Ejection of Magazine work), but "Multi CD" does not show up on the...
  16. N

You know it's a different world when...

Just bought my replacement Serpentine Belt. (Ford Dealer - Motorcraft) While waiting to pay, I noticed that the box had instructions. The instructions said, "Do not install belt while engine is running". Also, it later states, "Disconnect the negative battery cable so that someone ELSE...
  17. N

How do I remove the grill?

Thanks. Once installed I will try both. Gotta first go out and get some Chinese food though! ..and I'm gone!
  18. N

Empty signle din cover-up

Thanks for the help!!!
  19. N

I installed the dash kit. It is the pocket where you can put things in. However, I am not too crazy about how this looks and would like to put something else there or cover it up more neatly. I don't need an equalizer since my receiver is fine for me as it is.
  20. N

I recently installed a single din cd/receiver in my 96 XLT. Does anyone have any ideas or pics of what I can do to cover up the empty din above my receiver? I installed the standard tray that came with the install unit. It is an enclosure that I guess I'm supposed to put crap in.
  21. N

How do I remove the grill?

What about opening the hood... Before I get a Billet Grill on my 96 XLT, how are you guys opening the hood?
  22. N

Buzzing noise from turn stalk

I also have this problem. The one thing that I was able to verify was that when I flipped the turn signal up (Right Turn) real hard, then I would get the buzzing sound. However, when I flipped it up gently...no buzzing. (96 XLT)
Back