Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

RAPTOR Grill for Explorers?

If I can get a raptor grill for free out of a wreck. I can make it work.
  2. L

Jack's SAS version 3.0

I'm finally getting caught up and I'm about to continue my swap. I hope it turns out as good as yours.
  3. L

Homemade shackles

6 mm (15/64) x 300 mm (11 13/16) x 75 mm (2 61/64) should be more than thick, wide and long enough to do what you want to do. Just remember you need four equal length pieces. you need to make sure all the hole are centered to each other. And it is nice on the longer length shackles a...
  4. L

Torque Monster Headers Install Write-up and Review

cool! need to remember that for when I do mine.
  5. L

Need help

you have to host your pictures at a photo site like photobucket or I believe have an elit membership here. My 1997 doesnt ding when the door is open. only when the key is in and the door is open.
  6. L

Feb's EF Lottery

east coast guy following a west coast team.
  7. L

Need help

Rick is spot on. they have the wiring for the headlight messed up. when you turn on the head light does the high beams work? if so could be bad ground. if not wiring could be wessed up from removing the police light package. dome lights I believe they disconnect so suspect don't know when they...
  8. L

Is an 5.0 awd explorer a nice suv

What a pile of nicely thrown together parts! Can't wait to get my solid axle conversion done!
  9. L

New welded roof rack mount

hope this works. if it did you see my fishing rod holder on my roof rack. at the base of the rail you see a tuber running down to the factory rail. after I made my own "t" nuts to put in the factory rails to hold my roof rack on.
  10. L

Another idle and acceleration problem

did you make sure all your spark plug wire boots at the plug are seated? my v-8 likes to slip the drivers side first plug and the last plug. then it does all that stuff.
  11. L

I'm finally back!!!!!

Thanks guys. still getting things done here in the garage the house. so soon we will be able to start posting pictures of builds again.
  12. L

I'm finally back!!!!!

Thank you ! I'm glad to be back and being able to work on my stuff.
  13. L

I'm finally back!!!!!

Hey my fellow explorer friends! I'm back on the air with a new house, new garage, new life and ready to start posting again with my projects. still have my axle and will start the build process in the up coming weks when i get all my stuff in the garage setup. So! Jason when you see this...
  14. L

Rockwells

ya need more than a bump to get this guy going again! Hey! did you do the king coils? where's the cage?? LOL rattle that cage see if he pops out of the wood work. need a fix on my addiction man! help a poor guy who lost his machine shop.
  15. L

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

I did the same thing to my stock running boards when I crushed the plastic running board. If you go to a hardware store you can buy rubber plugs to put in the holes of the rocker panels. I have mine plugged just to keep the water out. nice ride! can't wait to get back to building mine.
  16. L

Rockwells

well done old man! I can't wait till I am in my new garage and I can start this process on my 1997 explorer. I'm not going with rocks but for the most part it is the same drill in putting one together. very good write up and I will be studying it a lot in the future too. Jake is an...
  17. L

Post hurricane sandy clean up prep........

we didn't do too bad considering that most of eastern Pa was with out power for the better part of last week. and some are still with out power. I'm glad we didn't get the rain we were predicted for. which was about 8'--15'. unfortunately it went to New York and they got battered with it. now...
  18. L

Post hurricane sandy clean up prep........

I had to help a friend pull a tree back up straight after the storm. so I made up a hitch winch to help with the job. I had a tube of steel that was 2" x 2" with a hole already in it that was reinforced with a tube welded inside the tube. then I put a good heavy coat of yellow...
  19. L

Jack's SAS version 3.0

I would check spindle nuts too. maybe it isn't the ball joints bushing and the spindle nuts are loose and the bearings are moving.
  20. L

Rockwells

love the build! but what is in the glass with the straw in it????
  21. L

Putting in an Expedition grill?

I posted this before, but here ya go!
  22. L

Jack's SAS version 3.0

that looks awesome! I so want to do mine now
  23. L

A Built in Fridge - Offroad style

Psshhh!! I can build that for under $100.00! Hello Harbor freight tools!
  24. L

A Built in Fridge - Offroad style

I don't know, but he is forcing us to subscribe if we want to see more! :lol
Back