Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

5r55e

Imp, sounds like that would be the route for me also. Hope yours continues to be trouble free. I have read the valve body diary and looked over pics several times.great info! It's not that I don't understand how to get them out, I think it's like PopRichie77 says, the L keepers and plug...
  2. M

5r55e

Just finished the rebuild of 5R55E transmission today and was going to start on the valve body. The problem is that I can't get some of the valves out of the VB. This tranny had not gone out but the torque converter did so with 160K on tranny I decided to try my hand at a rebuild and thanks to...
  3. M

5R55E transmission diagram / schematic

Got one bearing that I didn't order with my rebuild parts that I should get tomorrow and with a little luck the 5R55E should live again. I would never have tackled this project without having read some of the do it yourself articles on this forum. It's not working yet but my thoughts are real...
  4. M

Shop manual sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the link also ranger7ltr , thats a great quick reference for what I was looking for. My first tranny rebuild so I need all the help I can get. Been getting lots of great info from this forum and finding lots of reference material on here. Awesome...
  5. M

Thanks a lot for the links. I have to pick up a few more pts before I put it back together so I will pick one up at the parts store where I bought the rebuild kit. Thought maybe there might be something online that I could look at. If I could find a decent exploded view I might could get what I...
  6. M

Hey guys, I am new to the forum so excuse me if this has been asked and I have overlooked it in my searching , but I haven't found a link to a diagram to the 5R55E transmission. I may not be looking in the right spot but can you help point me to one that is available. Thanks in advanced!
  7. M

Hey!

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and just thought I would say hello! I have recently bought a 1998 Explorer w 4.0 SOHC auto , 4wd and was doing a search about where to find the keyless access code and the search took me to the answer on this forum. Very Cool! I will certainly be a regular on...
Back