Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

18 and got a lot to learn. Help Please!!

thats one thing i was expecting to hear! Needed that answer i appreciate it. Seriously. Needed to know if it was worth it or not.
  2. P

18 and got a lot to learn. Help Please!!

First off i wanna say i have missed this site and am glad to be posting again! Keep in mind i will be doing all work myself and paying for it myself, I Have rebuilt and restored 2 50's trucks and build a drag car and a few mud trucks. All self taught, not being a ****y #####. I'm just saying...
  3. P

Big ideas and big plans..

My adolescent knowledge.. obviously have alot to learn! i appreciate it, ill research alot more and repost my plans and designs and see what you think then. Again i appreciate it.
  4. P

Dont know what i was thinkin... D35 is rear axle in jeeps.. i was planning on getting it out of a jeep, if i did do a D44 wouldnt the front end be wider than the rear? therefore making me have to do a 9" Ford in the rear? to make it even?
  5. P

Thats the thing.. D30 or 35? LONO100: Not sure yet.. still a junior so who knows
  6. P

Hi, I am 17 and have been a part of this forum for quite some time now. I have learned so much about explorers, trucks, and many other things. So i thank you all for your ample knowledge. Anyway... My dream is to have my own custom fab shop, i work at one down here in Ms in the summer between...
  7. P

Mysterious problems

thank you
  8. P

Mysterious problems

um.. can someone please post a picture of this? i feel quite dumb cuz i cant find it.
  9. P

My 96 Eddie

agreed. but heck i got the rig for 1000 bucks
  10. P

Mysterious problems

haha i cant wait for a SAS then i'll show ya flexin
  11. P

Mysterious problems

Awesome thanks! i just posted picks of my truck if you wanna look at it under My 96 Eddie
  12. P

My 96 Eddie

Here's ole eddie. hope to do a SAS this summer and paint it white with no plastic fenders or trim. Also planning on building front and rear bumpers and a roof rack. hope yall like it If you look at my album on photobucket you can see all of my sketchup designs and stuff also
  13. P

Mysterious problems

May sound dumb... But Do i need to drop my t case and trans to do this? or is it just a plug? Sorry for the idioticness
  14. P

Mysterious problems

Thanks for the reply i will do this for sure!
  15. P

Mysterious problems

Hey guys, I just had a flywheel replaced in my 96 EB 4wd, when i got it back from the guy who did the work, the speedometer doesn't work, and my transmission slams in gear. i check the trans fluid and it was fine. Anyone know of any apparent causes?
  16. P

Pondering SAS

So.. I've been thinking, obviously this is not a D.D. but, i kinda want to do an SAS on my 96 explorer. Kinda fix it up and make it a very solid trail rider. In order to do an SAS what parts would i need? And any suggestions on what best performance is would be nice to. As far as tools go, i...
  17. P

96 manual 4x4 conversion

i dont want my electric shift motor and the whole switch button, what is the easiest way i can convert it to manual? it sometimes wont lock in thats why i want to do this.
  18. P

96 Eddie bauer lift options?

Yes, i have twisted my torsion bars, put shackles in(PIA). Sooo yes it is lifted, but i was wondering if there are any other options of lifting it higher without doing the body lift. Any options?
  19. P

Whats wrong with my 4wd?

haha yes sir. no i was in two wheel drive and as i came up to the mud hole i stopped and attempted to lock it in 4wd and it wouldnt. Finally after several tries it locked in, usually it kinda has a loud thud when it locks in but every time i attempted to lock it in it just clicked and wouldnt...
  20. P

Whats wrong with my 4wd?

I was going down a lane at a deer camp and came upon a nice little mud hole, i put it in 4 low and it didnt lock in.. First time its done that, then i tried to locked it in again and it "clicked". I thought it locked in but when i hit the gas it start clunking? i guess thats the word. It finally...
  21. P

t bar bold broken..now what...

Look up Easy-out drill bit. It got my broken bolt of my shackle. Fairly simple, just a reversed screw. its alot better than 60 bucks
  22. P

Chips on a 96 E.B. suggestions?

I have a 96 eddie bauer 4.0 OHV ive been researching, found a few programmers is there any suggestions on what to get? or to even get one?
  23. P

Cold air intake? Yes or no?

okey dokey i appreciate it!!
  24. P

Ok, thanks. is there any specific way i need to clean it? or things i need to do or not to do
  25. P

That picture, thats the Throttle Position Sensor and the Idle Air Control Valve or what?
Back