Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 01STrunner

Trip to Windrock Park 3/24-25

A couple of us are headed from upstate SC to Windrock Park the weekend of March 24. Anyone else planning on being there that weekend?
  2. 01STrunner

Gulches Labor Day Event

Just throwing this out there for anyone in the southeast. Gulches ORV in Laurens, SC is having an event Sept 2-5 for Labor Day. Lots of day and night wheeling! I'm planning on heading down from the Greenville area and anyone is welcome to join. You can find out more info here...
  3. 01STrunner

Installation of Bed Lighting Under Bed Rails

This is a basic writeup. I'll include any tips and explanations I can think of so that anyone with any level of wiring experience can install these. My truck has an 8ft bed and the way I installed everything, you cannot see any lights or wires (or the switch) without having your head below the...
  4. 01STrunner

OEM Bed Cover 01-05 Sport Trac

Anyone interested in an OEM bed cover for a gen 1? A coworker is selling his and figured I'd ask on here. Good shape. Has all mounting hardware. $250 OBO in Spartanburg, SC I'll post photos when he sends them to me.
  5. 01STrunner

Anyone in SC up for a meet at Gulches ORV Park?

A few guys from work are looking to get together and head to Gulches ORV in Laurens, SC sometime late May or early June. Figured I'd put the word out on here and see if anyone is up for it! Potential Rig List: Sport Trac IH Scout Jeep TJ
  6. 01STrunner

Driver Door Lock - Not functioning

I've been putting off this problem for a while. The rivet that holds my lock actuator to the door broke and it has been held in by wire for a year or so, but the last 8 months or so, the actuator will not actually unlock the door. The only way to unlock it was by pulling the handle on the...
  7. 01STrunner

LED Bed Lighting

I recently did this in my F350 and I've had a lot of interest in it on different forms. There was a question about it in the 2nd gen ST forum and who doesn't wish they could see things in their bed better at night? So I thought I'd share the writeup I made. This is a basic writeup. I'll...
  8. 01STrunner

Solved 5R55E TC causing problems

Well I got the flashing OD Off flashing light of death last week. Pulled codes with my code reader and it said it was the torque converter or TC solenoid (can't remember the code #). I did a trans flush on Saturday and made a world of difference in the shifts. It was shifting smooth and quick, a...
  9. 01STrunner

Solved Trans Died - TC seems to be the culprit

Well I got the flashing OD Off flashing light of death last week. Pulled codes with my code reader and it said it was the torque converter or TC solenoid (can't remember the code #). I did a trans flush on Saturday and made a world of difference in the shifts. It was shifting smooth and quick, a...
  10. 01STrunner

Hydrolocked - We'll see what happens

Long story short I slid into a ditch/ hole that ended up swallowing my 35s drowning the passenger side of the engine bay. Was not trying to go in the mud at all but stuff happens. It took a while to get the truck off the trail. It died after getting out of the hole thankfully. Pulled plugs and...
  11. 01STrunner

01 Sport Trac (2nd gen Ex) IFS Parts

After the SAS I have no need for all my IFS parts. Almost everything is still left and you can see what's there in the pictures below. All the rust is just surface rust/dirt from sitting since April '13.
  12. 01STrunner

Body Lift: To Remove or Not To Remove

I am torn between taking the body lift out or leave it in after the SAS/SOA. I think the truck is extremely tall as it sits right now and I'm a little afraid of flopping on the trail. On the flip side, I still flex the 35s into the wheel wells. So would you take the BL out or would you leave it...
  13. 01STrunner

The New Rig!

My Sport Trac is still a good truck on the road after the SAS, but for long hauls I wanted something a little more comfortable. Not to mention the security of still being able to make it home if something wasnt fixable on the trail. I also routinely tow a 6500lbs boat and another 8-10K lbs...
  14. 01STrunner

Clearance Lights Installed!

Slowly but surely my little Trac is dressing up as a Super Duty. Steering box, pitman arm, shocks and various other parts are for super duties and now I've got the lights to prove it lol. Now if I could get my hands on a 4.5L power stroke from a LCF truck... Anyway, on to the write up. I...
  15. 01STrunner

Flexing with the Rear Driveshaft

This is kind of a dumb question but I can't seem to find any answer. Most driveshafts on off-road vehicles have a slip joint for obvious reasons including the custom one made for my SAS. As the diff moves up and down it get closer and farther from the t-case. Where does this...
  16. 01STrunner

Transmission Crossmember Redesign Questions

Due to my SAS and having a LP front axle I need to make a new transmission crossmember. I want to have dual 2" tube with a plate in the middle that bolts to the transmission. Problem is the tube bender is limited to 1/8" wall thickness. Would it be better to go with say dual 2x2 square with a...
  17. 01STrunner

For Sale 1.25" Hubcentric 5x4.5 Wheel Spacers

I have a pair of 1.25" hubcentric solid billet aluminum wheel spacers for sale. I had them on my rear axle (Ford 8.8) for 8 months. They are clean and have not seen a lot of use. The only reson I am getting rid of them is because I did an SAS and needed to adapt my rear axle to 6 lug to match...
  18. 01STrunner

Measurements?

Hey guys, I'm designing a new transmission crossmember. So I took measurements between the frame rails where the transmission crossmember is. I measured the width inside the rails as well as the distance from inner drivers side to mounting bolts on the crossmember. Also the distance from...
  19. 01STrunner

Custom front driveshaft problems

Like the title says I'm having problems mounting my driveshaft to my D44. The transmission crossmember is being a real PITA and blocking the shaft from going to the front axle. Does anyone know of any other SAS projects off the top of their head where this was taken care of. I've been sifting...
  20. 01STrunner

NW GA Area Run

Oconee Off-road is putting on an all-day event of food and wheelin' on May 18. All types of rigs are welcome out. Here's the flyer.
  21. 01STrunner

01STrunner's Sport Trac D44 SAS/SOA

A little planning and 4 months later, my Sport Trac finally has a solid axle in the front. Current Look: Front Axle - Low Pinion Dana 44 from a 1988 Grand Wagoneer - 6x5.5 bolt pattern - 4.88 gears (still open diff for now) - Superwinch manual hubs - Disc brakes - Custom spindles tapped for...
  22. 01STrunner

Trans Temp. Gauge

I've gotten to the point where I think I should get a trans temp gauge for the ST. I have been looking up temp senders but none of them "fit." Is there any sending units that work with the stock oil pan?
  23. 01STrunner

Spark Plug removal

I'm trying to do some routine maintenance on my car (Not my ST but I'd like to pick the minds on here). It's a fwd v6. I can't get the 3 rear wire boots off. I've tried right angle pliers and couldn't get enough leverage to pull them off. Any of you guys have any suggestions? Once I get my truck...
  24. 01STrunner

Steering Wheel Swap

There's a 2nd gen ST wheel for sale over on MyST and I was wondering if it would be possible to swap that wheel into our 1st gen Tracs? I dont really care if I hook up the stereo controls or not (it'd be nice but not a big deal to actually reach out to the center stack). I'm willing to just hook...
  25. 01STrunner

King of the Hammers Live Feed

I know it's not really a trip, but I figured this would be the best place to post up about KOTH. Check out the live feed because there is some awesome stuff to see. They just started the dirt bikes this morning. http://ultra4racing.com/live/
Back