Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Thumping noise in front wheel

same issue I just dropped it off today, will let you know what they say. It feels like it is binding and a metal sound. It is coming from front left wheel
  2. M

Hesitation on accel from 65

same issue here on a 02 explorer
  3. M

air always blows even while off

thanks has been a pain front and back blend doors, then the arm broke off the vacuum motor for the floor vents now it keeps running. I will check the outside inside vents then the speed control switch
  4. M

air always blows even while off

I searched but nothing really fit. My air still blows even with the switch in the off position. It comes out of the defrost area and very low and I hear it running any ideas, also any way just to unplug rear heat the clicking bothers me at least until I can get it fixed.
  5. M

No Heat/Defrost in 2002 Explorer XLT ???

thanks rrgone that is it. the motor is working and the arm moves but where it connects is broken. How do I get to it, take the center console out
  6. M

Heat/AC under glove box question

Thanks at least I do not have to fix that problem, the blend motor on the other side went out and I was trying to find the lever to turn to hot and thought I broke something else.
  7. M

My question from the picture refers to item 4 it also has a moving metal arm does it attach to anything
  8. M

Rattling upon acceleration

For two years that metal rattle or metal vibration drove me crazy looking for it. It was really loud while in park or just taking off or sitting in idle. I took off the heat shield near tranny and lived under my truck for days searching and searching. I had a buddy with a lift and we looked for...
  9. M

torque converter rattle

fixed After two years of searching and searching I found the rattle. I took off the heat shield near the trans but not it. I found that the exhaust on the drivers side right near the cross member just barely touches and was causing the rattle while in sitting still. It is just behind were both...
  10. M

Heat/AC under glove box question

I was trying to find out why my heat was not working ( found out blend door issue) but in the process I can not figure out if I might have broken something else. To the left inside the glove box there are two values or solenoids both silver. The one on the top is not the question it is the other...
  11. M

Transmission problem in higher gears

When driving my 02 Explorer feels fine in gears 1-3 but when I get to the higher gears it feels like it is missing or slipping. The RPMS run really low like changing gears at 2 and runs just below 2. Any ideas I have not changed the fuel filter in a while. thanks for all help and I have been...
  12. M

I saw this post and the picture of Montes, does any know if the lower value in the picture that has the metal arm is attached to anything, not the top one but the bottom one. thanks Mike
Back