Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

96 Explorer-Blows fuse when shifted into reverse

I had the same problem, here's a link to the fix (with photos): http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300999
  2. N

No Reverse Lights???

Frayed wire under steering column On my 96 Explorer, I noticed after replacing the 26 fuse and placing the vehicle in drive, the fuse would blow. The problem was a frayed wire under the steering column cover. I removed three screws from the underside & removed the housing. The overdrive...
  3. N

HELP: #26 FUSE on AWD '97 Explorer

IT'S FIXED! THE PROBLEM THE FIX
  4. N

No overdrive, fuse #26 pops when replaced.

Thank you
  5. N

Backup lights keep blowing fuses.

IT'S FIXED! THE PROBLEM THE FIX
  6. N

IT'S FIXED! THE PROBLEM THE FIX (Lost Photos)
  7. N

constantly blown fuse, Electric Shift Control?

Not yet... Today I replaced the fuse and tried the following: Turned overdrive on/off & rear defroster switch worked. With transmission in R, backup lamps turned on. I selected gear 2 & everything held. The automatic door locks also worked as we drove off. At the stop sign, I shifted to (D) and...
  8. N

Today I replaced the fuse and tried the following: Turned overdrive on/off & rear defroster switch worked. With transmission in R, backup lamps turned on. I selected gear 2 & everything held. The automatic door locks also worked as we drove off. At the stop sign, I shifted to (D) and the fuse...
  9. N

Today I replaced the fuse and tried the following: Turned overdrive on/off & rear defroster switch worked. With transmission in R, backup lamps turned on. I selected gear 2 & everything held. The automatic door locks also worked as we drove off. At the stop sign, I shifted to (D) and the fuse...
  10. N

O/D fuse blowing

My AWD '97 Explorer keeps blowing the #26 Fuse. 5R55E/4R7OW overdrive, DRL system, backup lamps, AWD, rear defroster I have replaced the fuse & tried to eliminate the variables. The overdrive switch & rear defroster work fine. I can put the vehicle in reverse & the backup lamps work. But, if...
  11. N

constantly blown fuse, Electric Shift Control?

I'm having the same problem on with AWD '97 Explorer #26 Fuse. 5R55E/4R7OW overdrive, DRL system, backup lamps, AWD, rear defroster I have replaced the fuse & tried to eliminate the variables. The overdrive switch & rear defroster work fine. I can put the vehicle in reverse & the backup...
  12. N

My AWD '97 Explorer keeps blowing the #26 Fuse. 5R55E/4R7OW overdrive, DRL system, backup lamps, AWD, rear defroster I have replaced the fuse & tried to eliminate the variables. The overdrive switch & rear defroster work fine. I can put the vehicle in reverse & the backup lamps...
  13. N

I've been having the same problem on my AWD '97 Explorer. I have replaced the fuse & tried to eliminate the variables. The overdrive switch & rear defroster work fine. I can put the vehicle in reverse & the backup lamps work. But, if I put the vehicle in DRIVE the fuse blows. Any thoughts?
Back