Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

P0455 and "Check Fuel Cap"

Fuel Cap Light I have 2001 Explorer Sport V6. I started getting light. Read several messages and tried few things including buying couple of caps of different brands. They did not help. Today, I disconnected the negative terminal of the battery and reconnected after 30 some seconds. The light...
  2. S

All you need to know about keyless entry

Key code for 2001 Explorer sport 2 door I went thru the similar problem. On mine, I found right under the grill on the passenger side. The grill has bunch of snaps and you need to be careful not braking them. Once it is out, you will need a flash light and should be able to see the code from...
  3. S

Bank 1&2 Lean

Yes. is 4.0L, six
  4. S

Bank 1&2 Lean

I have Engine Check light on all the time. I got it checked at Autozone and they found Bank 1&2 lean. I have cleaned MAF, checked the obvious hose connections, out premium gas, added Fuel Injector cleaner in the fuel. Nothing changed. This one has 126K miles and I bought it few months ago. The...
  5. S

Removing Spare Tire

I repaired the end of the too and then I was able to engage it to the cable unit and removed the spare tire. Thanks for the help. I also removed the unit, lubricated it. it works great.
  6. S

Removing Spare Tire

Thanks for the excellent picture. It seems to me I won't be able to remove it from the top -without a mjor work- since bolts are from the bottom and I have not looked for the access. Am I stuck ??
  7. S

Removing Spare Tire

I tried with to see it using a fleshlight but did not see the slot. I could see the cable from underneath. I have a feeling that something is broken because the rod turns both ways. I was expecting to lower the spare when turned counter clockwise. My next step is to expose the mounting...
  8. S

The Absolute Best Way to Find the Factory Door Code on Your 2002 Explorer Sport

Mr. bfcerny, Do u think it may be the same for 01 Sport? If it is, this seems to be the easiest way to get to the code. I will appreciate your thought. Ami Kennewick, WA
  9. S

Removing Spare Tire

This may sound too simple issue but I still need some advice. I bought 01 mSport few days ago and can't remove the spare. The jack handle keeps turning but the spare would not come down. Is there a trick ?
  10. S

Keyless Keypad Code 01 Exp.Sport

Keyless Pad code I am totally lost on this. I have 2001 Sport. I followed the thread to locate the RAP unit to read the code. I tried the jack storage as recommended but no luck. I wanted to remove the cowl trim on the top of the dash and above the glovebox and then I got my Service Manual...
  11. S

Scott, I appreciate your response. I still have not touched the air bag. It seems the air bag lid should comeout easily and must have some sort of snapping device. I do not want to use much force. Can you share your experience? Through the glove box I did see one while module on the left side...
  12. S

I have 2001 Explorer Sport and looking for the location of the anti-theft module. I did read the thread and in one post, it said about its location to be in the left rear storage compartment. I could not find mine and looked at few places. Does anyone know about it? I need to get the code...
  13. S

All you need to know about keyless entry

Keyless Keypad Code Dear Friend, Your article saved me $ and I became knowledgeable . I just got my first 2001 Explorer Sport. I did not have a spare key or the Keypad code. It cost me $100 to get the key and dear was going to charhe ~$40 to provide the code. I have not reset it yet but I...
  14. S

2001 Sport Owner's Manual

I just bought the Explorer Sport but need owner's manual. Can some one suggest hoe I go about it? I am willing to buy from some members. I am too new to this site. Please help. Ami Sidpara
Back