Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

UCA rubbing spring..

Thanks Ronin.
  2. J

BTF lifted? post your fenderwell measurements

2.25/1.75 BTF Spacers 265/70R17 Struttek Assemblies front is 38 1/4 rear is 37 1/2 Hopefully the front settles a little.
  3. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Welp I've got some updates...
  4. J

UCA rubbing spring..

I know the angle is close to maxed if not already there. Just looking to reduce the noise like triton said... That is until I can spring for a real fix.. Any recommendations?
  5. J

UCA rubbing spring..

If I could afford it I would get the BTF UCA's.. Just can't swing it right now. I thought there was a thread about how someone wrapped the spring or something. I might be crazy tho. I do remember the thread you mentioned..
  6. J

UCA rubbing spring..

So I've finally gotten my Struttek struts and BTF spacers installed. I picked up some 265/70R17 Kumho Road Venture's at a great price.. These things ride rough.. The Explorer has an awsome look to it. I'm very pleased. Now to my question... The control arm is rubbing on the spring and...
  7. J

Brandon@BTF-fab

Finally got my spacers installed. So far so good.
  8. J

285/70R17 wheel spacers...

What do you think of these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-pcs-5x4-5-Hub-Centric-Wheel-Spacers-70-5mm-1-2-x-20-5Lug-hubcentric-/260968092501?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc2e91355&vxp=mtr
  9. J

Honestly the x is going to be more of a pavement pusher than an offroader. I will use it for camping and the occasional trail ride, but nothing major.. I'll look into rough country. Thanks again.
  10. J

Thanks Kazer. Thats exactly what i'm looking for. Now all I need to do is stick to a decision. Duratracs or KM2's.. Do you recommend a brand of wheel spacer?
  11. J

I've got Strutteks and BTF spacers waiting to go on. I'm looking at getting 285/70r17 Duratracs on stock limited rims. What size wheel spacers will I need so I don't rub? I would like to bring the wheels/tires flush or slightly outside the fender. What brand wheel spacers do you recommend?
  12. J

lets see pics of explorers towing

Not a very good picture but I'm towing 4 bikes. 2 loaded and getting 2 more.
  13. J

Transmission Flush

OK... So should I just have the fluid changed or should I do a flush? I know that since I have owned my explorer I have not changed or flushed the trans fluid. From my understanding it is a bad idea to flush a transmission once you get into higher mileage. I'd really like to Keep this thing...
  14. J

Photos 3rd gen pic's

So far I've switched the stock rims to 20's and installed a DD touchscreen. Soon to come is BTF lift and new tires... I need to get some more pictures.
  15. J

Transmission Flush

I'm sitting at about 125K miles on my 05 4.6. Do you think it is a bad idea to flush my trans? I have not done it since I've owned it. Got it at 90K. Or should I just change the filter and fluid and call it a day? What are your thoughts?
  16. J

Replacing stock radio

I replaced my stock radio and when I did it I got the best buy wiring harness. I now do not have the steering wheel controls or the power for the RES. I'm going to be getting the proper wiring harness from crutchfield or someplace like that. be prepared for a 100-120 dollar wiring harness though.
  17. J

New Guy

Hey everyone. I've been around a while, but not much posting. Just wanted to stop in an say "HI, I'm Mike". :thumbsup: I've got an 05 Limited 4.6 and all the plans in the world for it. :D
Back