Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

1994 explorer superduty one tons build

awesome! are you going to go leaf or coil?
  2. B

thanks guys!
  3. B

i still need to do a tremendous amount of clean up work on all the stuff i fabbed. it was done in a hurry with limited garage time over the winter. and a lot of this stuff didnt get painted because i wanted to see if it worked first, or needed adjusted. hopefully get some of that done this...
  4. B

figured id share this over here too. there may be a few more details on my pirate thread since i started it over there. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford/2132986-1994-explorer-superduty-one-tons-build.html its a 1994 explorer, the one tons are from a 2004 f350. regeared with 5.38s...
  5. B

Whitey turns red build thread!

that looks like tons of fun!
  6. B

Completed Project Turboexplorer's Full Width SAS Build Thread

i need to get a set of those pipe stands. i have a set of jack stands welded to some 19.5" dually wheels that we call teh super jacks, but they are also super heavy and cumbersome. where did you get these from?
  7. B

The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside...

sweet. id like to get one started at my place. to many other irons in the fire right now though. what are your plans for steering? heims, high steer, stock? im thinking of doing heims in the stock location on the knuckles with some reinforcing to double sheer them. i think high steer...
  8. B

The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside...

hey, its derald. get to building that 44 already! jealous of the rock garden.
  9. B

Completed Project Turboexplorer's Full Width SAS Build Thread

pretty clever! where did you end up mounting it? any worries about needing a vent on the lid?
  10. B

94 explorer KOH build

subscribed. had the same though but not the pocket change. are you going to stay with ttb, do a 50/60 axle? that would be sweet!
  11. B

Fixed the Manual Hub Nut Problem

that's clever!
  12. B

kewl. after doing some searching it looks like there was an old warn dana 44 locking hubnut with allen screws that wouldn't fit in the dana 35ttb hub either.
  13. B

interesting. on the stage 8 website it says it fits dana 35 provided you have the warn hub conversion kit. from what i understand that consists of the standard warn dana 35 hubs and dana 44 spindle nuts. the kit itself "looks" smaller than the dana 44 spindle nuts. is there another dana 35 i...
  14. B

saw this and thought i would add what i found. stage 8 sells a spindle nut locking system that works on the dana 35 and 44. costs about $140 through offroad design. heres a link http://www.stage8.com/spindlenut.html
  15. B

Engine running hot and no heat inside - Thermostat?

check your heater valve just before your thermostat. mine had a small crack that weeped out a gallon of coolant overtime. i didn't see any leak or any discoloration around it. just heard it hissing after shutting it down this winter. just for maintenence purposes anyways
  16. B

rock sliders/onboard air tank

i have actually been building exactly what you are talking about and have one of them welded up. still need to put bungs in it. i made mine out of .25 yes they are heavy but this way i am not worried about them at all. i will try to put pics up tonight or tomorrow of them.
  17. B

Mods for improved towing?

correct trailer geometry and airbags. check leaf spring and shackle bushings for dry rot.
  18. B

New Navajo Truggy build

i vote tubestyle bed with removable skins. no bed does look weird.
  19. B

new guy saying hi from rifle, co

thanks for the welcome! i have noticed there isn't a ton of groups out here. i am/was part of the canyon crawlers 4wd club, but its been a while since i have been to a meeting. they are based out of clifton. planning this summer to do some camping in grand mesa, and up on the roan plateau.
  20. B

1st SAS Explorer Project

i know i am new here, but it seems like there is going to be a lot of leverage put on the radius arm where you extended it. it looks like there would be a decent chance that would bend or break if it is not reinforced. looks like a good project though!
  21. B

new guy saying hi from rifle, co

thought i would stop in and say hi. found this site while researching a midsize suv purchase. decided explorer was the way to go and ended up purchasing a 1994 xlt with 98k on it. been enjoying it ever since. one of these days i'd like to get together and do some wheeling with you guys.
  22. B

new guy from nw colorado

it was a 2001 chrysler voyager front wheel drive, that the father inn law gave us. they fit but barely, the tires were 3" taller than stock at 30x 9.5. i used it to check on injection wells in the mud and snow. the stt's performed flawlessly and never let me get stuck, despite following an...
  23. B

new guy from nw colorado

started studying up to find a 4x4 suv to replace the minivan for the wife, and found this site. decided the explorer was the better of the midsize suvs, and purchased one. i think i got lucky. i found a 1994 explorer xlt from arizona that was owned by a little old lady had not a spec of rust...
Back