Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

HELP - getting wiper linkages back on wiper motor crank pin

Hi all, Been following the directions for replacing my wiper motor per https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192248 Now I've got the new wiper motor wired up and confirmed operational, and I'm trying to get the driver's side linkage back on the crank pin. I'm assuming I have...
  2. B

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Removed and replaced the transmission cooling line that runs from the bottom of the radiator to the secondary cooler via tubing. Used a 3/8" brake line and reused the old fitting. Cost about $20 after buying a $13 tubing bender.
  3. B

How can I lock a auto lock hub?

Hit the 4WD button?
  4. B

water out the of the tailpipe

I would recommend a Gibson stainless steel cat-back system. I managed to bolt one on without much trouble. Sounds great too. Just hit the bolts after the cat converter with WD-40 or PB Blaster if you want to have any hope of getting them off without cutting them.
  5. B

Mystery part of the day

2.5 inches. I turned the rubber piece over and nested it on what was left of the metal ring. It's black in color on that side and matches the appearance of the passenger side rubber ring.
  6. B

Mystery part of the day

I agree that scale would have been helpful. I took a look at my filler tube assembly. It's actually in pretty good shape considering the age of the X. That spurred me to look around at other areas underneath which lead me to this on the driver's side: I took a look on the passenger side...
  7. B

Mystery part of the day

So it's never a good thing when you find a pile of debris in the spot where you normally park your car. Yesterday, I came across this piece laying in the street along with some rusty bits. This is some kind of metal ring that has rusted away, along with a grey rubber gasket of some sort. The...
  8. B

Lift gate interior trim panel

Well, just because that's the list price doesn't mean I can't get it cheaper, of course. :D I've already scoured ebay with no luck. Some Ford parts have lift gate panels listed for ~ $120, but no color info. Obviously I'd prefer tan so it matches.
  9. B

SUCCESS!! Ford Part 46404 - listed under "Trunk Lid Trim" which explains why it was so hard to find. Color choices and OEM prices from fordparts.com 46404 Trunk Lid Trim (-P*) - MOCHA; (Lift Gate Trim) $366.95 46404 Trunk Lid Trim (-R*) - RUBY RED; (Lift Gate Trim) $339.65...
  10. B

Does anyone know of a part number for the lift gate interior trim panel? I'll take either repro or OEM. I found multiple cracks in mine today, so I want to swap it out. Thanks in advance.
  11. B

Exhaust redo for '94 Eddie Bauer @ 190k

It's not too bad, but I'm no expert on these matters. The truck spent 94-98 in NJ/PA (I got it used in 96), then spent 98-05 in Oregon and New Mexico before returning to the East Coast There are no major rust issues that I'm aware of - certainly I don't have major rust coming through body...
  12. B

Exhaust redo for '94 Eddie Bauer @ 190k

Hi all! I was anticipating a redo of the exhaust system pretty soon due to a leak at the seal between the cat conv and the muffler, but that has been accelerated due to the muffler and tailpipe supports rusting off and now I just have a leaky muffler tied on with a hanger! So here's what...
  13. B

Vibration above 65 mph

I think it might be the bearing too. If that's the case, it will get worse eventually and I'll have it replaced. I had that bearing replaced a number of years ago in some guy's front yard in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania once. His buddy who was helping him repair it offered me a Busch...
  14. B

Vibration above 65 mph

Hi all, Got a relatively new problem on my '94 X with 190k. When hitting 65 mph, i start to get a significant increase in the vibration in the vehicle. It's very noticible in the steering wheel, and I think it's coming from the driver's front. I have had the alignment done and the wheels...
  15. B

94 XLT hood stuck closed, please help.

I've just been bit by this hood latch bug. I'm looking at the picture from DeRocha above that appears to be from a '95 or older Explorer, but I'm just not seeing the same thing. Mine doesn't appear to have that manual release in the same spot. Does anyone have another pic they can post? I...
Back