Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

How many miles will an average 4.0 last?

lol, blast from the past, i sold mine with somwhere around 260k+ on the clock in 2007 no rebuilds all original father bought new in 94
  2. M

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Sellers remorse 8 years ago.
  3. M

Need help on Explorer decision (V8) any common problems

thanks section. Depending on the estimate for work done on the Xterra i might pick up the Xplorer
  4. M

Need help on Explorer decision (V8) any common problems

I owned a 94 4.0 explorer about 3 years ago it was great. I currently own a 01 nissan xterra V6 its going to need some work im trying to decided if i should sell and buy a local 1998 Explorer 5.0 V8 So im trying to find out if there is anything i need to know about the 1998...
  5. M

pinging from my 94 4.0

what are the miles on your car? you might need to up the octane and see if that does the trick.
  6. M

Snowball 94 Limited

Here is the link to the album with the Xploder http://entertainment.webshots.com/photo/1238972880054417348xPhbXJ
  7. M

Snowball 94 Limited

I did a 3" Body lift on my 94 XLT and liked the results. i put 31'x10.50 with american racing Black rims Mine was also for going to college but since im 3 years removed from college the car is no longer in my possession
  8. M

The Average Life on the motor

I sold her in 2007 but she had a small rear main seal leak about a quart every 3000 miles and 263,000 mi on the clock and was able to sell for 2200, And thats original Automatic Trans as well! All highway miles Excellent looking interior and exterior still shiny due to consistent washes
  9. M

Sold the Explorer

i had an 88 blazer 2 door with a 4.3 and wow that was a fast car. i could actually get the tires to squeel when running on a straight street.
  10. M

32x11.50's and a 3" body lift going on Saturday!!

nice but personally i could do without the rust
  11. M

Sound clips of my IMCO Extreme

i like it! sounds good
  12. M

vid/sound of the exhaust I put on.

well, its all relative to the person listening to the sound. if you like it keep it
  13. M

91 ex. running rich and sounds like mis or something

your maf might need cleaning but not hooking that up might cause your engine to run rich. or replace your maf and check the wires for any splits and such good luck
  14. M

UPS man try to kill me !

i wish he would try to kill me like that lol
  15. M

very lame

defenatly get a cooler, and i have 3.73 with my 31s and its perfect since im not going bigger
  16. M

What else is this truck famous for?

HELLS NOoo! 235000 miles on original drivetrain yeah thats kick ass
  17. M

saw this yesterday(pics)

ohh by the way guys the wing on the back is to deflect the wind down on the back window since he has no rear wiper... defenatly not for aero dynamics..
  18. M

CAUGHT! Early prototype LTW (Lightweight) Cobra Explorer!

do you get into that dukes of hazard style? i see the reasoning ..... if your car looked like that i wouldnt care who hit me parallell parking
  19. M

Catalytic Converters?

just goes to show you the cats dont make that much difference..... so to all those people who complain "your polluting my air" its not the case
  20. M

My explorer

but i do like how you fixed up some of your cars... i just think it would be better spent on just one car or truck
  21. M

My explorer

wouldnt you like to have one nice car instead of 4 ****y ones?
  22. M

4x4 into 2wd or body trade

so you want to change your 4x4 to the crappy body of a 2wd.... they should be the same since i doubt they would make a whole new cast for a 4wd. if you search you should find some stuff on that
  23. M

1994 XLT Disappearing Tranny oil

Ping = pre detonation caused by build up of carbon deposits in the cylinder. throws the engine timing off. sounds like someone is tapping on your dash board when you acclerate. for me its around 2000 to 3500 rpms havent been able to ever get rid of it.
  24. M

Buildin Half Doors Outta Stockers

not if he finishes his first :D
Back