Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Blend Door Actuator Not Working

Read through the posts to find the illustrated instructions for pulling out your actuator. You can then run the controls to see if the actuator moves. If it moves it's probably fine. In which case you need to pull out your blend door and replace it (instructions are posted for that). If your...
  2. 9

blend door stuck When you say that you have heat after hitting the blend door, does your heat work normally, as in you are able to adjust the temperature? Or does it simply produce heat, and you have no ability to adjust the temperature? If the temperature adjustment works after you...
  3. 9

Tom, One other note, I was able to enter the DTC test mode by pressing Off and Floor together and then hitting Auto. I have an 98 Eddie Bauer, V8 5.0L. This just adds evidence that Ford changed the programming at some point in the production of the Explorer.
  4. 9

Blend Door and Blend Door Actuator FIXED Update on my blend door: Well, I cut out the bottom of the plenum and removed the old blend door. The 'broken' part fell out too. Installing the new unit was fairly easy. I was able to move the new blend door in the middle and then the new Actuator...
  5. 9

Tom - your update adds more interest to this saga. So the Dorman works in 'some' Explorers but not all. I tried 'three' new Dorman units. In fact after the 2nd return to Advance, the tech went out with me to try the 3rd unit. We were certain it was my wiring. But after reading this post...
  6. 9

Blend Door Actuator FORD OEM part works Okay, so I purchased a Dorman Blend Door Actuator (before I read this post) and it doesn't turn in any direction when connected (but not installed). I read this post, ran the DTC codes (display showed 024 and 025 - - as expected) and ran it again with...
  7. 9

Solved 1998 Explorer Windshield Washer FIXED

Purchased relay today from Advance auto parts store (relay part #R3146) and solved washer problem. Washer was working for the rear window but not front. Just as described in this forum, it was the "top" relay on the left hand side (when viewing the relay box from the position you're working...
Back