Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

questions about 2003 explorer xlt v8.

just fyi- the dealer fixed the abs light by replacing the sensor and when I mentioned to them to check for a whine in the rear end they said they think the noise is coming from the transmission. so they let me use a loaner car while they take mine to their transmission shop. they are supposed to...
  2. F

it sounds like a rattling noise possibly coming from the left side of the engine compartment. it is only when the gas pedal is depressed that the noise occurs and not only in drive but also park. cannot hear anything with window up but when the window is down it is pretty clear. it may just be...
  3. F

Hello all. I just bought a 2003 xlt with the v8 to replace my 92 xlt and everything is in great shape but I have a couple of questions. The abs light has come on once and stayed solid but after it was restarted it has not been on since but I am taking it back to the dealer and they said they...
  4. F

Replaced fuel pump now having problems.

I replaced the fuel pump because it was totally dead and when i would try and start it no sound from the pump after ignition and it would just crank and crank and it left my stranded on the side of the road which i had to get a tow. Now with the new fuel pump no such problem and yes i did put a...
  5. F

Replaced fuel pump now having problems.

I just replaced the fuel pump on my 92 and it started wonderfully with no hesitation and all seemed well. But then i get a code 179, which I think is a lean condition, and when I start to accelerate from a stop it seems like there is no fuel and it bucks like a horse and the thing feels like it...
  6. F

Urgent help needed. 92 xlt

I pulled of the interstate today on my home and the x was running fine but when I went to take off from the first light it stumbled like never before and then I could feel a loss of power so I pulled into the nearest parking lot. I shut it off and then looked under the hood but did not notice...
  7. F

codes 185,186,187. please help

check engine light has been going on and off while driving for a little while now and I got these codes. Can anyone tell me what these mean? I read the technical description and they point to a MAF sensor but after searching it seems to indicate a lean condition. Now I have noticed power loss...
  8. F

help with clicking/ticking noise.

as far as I know they checked everything that had to do with the exhaust. Yes its the 4.0 ohv. But the weird thing is that it wont make that noise while reving it in neutral.
  9. F

help with clicking/ticking noise.

When I am accelerating with the gas pedal depressed there is a clicking/ticking noise coming from the engine compartment. It only does this under load and will not do it while idling. It also occurs when going up hill on the highway. I thought it was an exhaust leak but that wasnt the case as I...
  10. F

help needed. pop when engaging clutch.

Recently I have noticed that when I am accelerating normal and I engage the clutch to shift there is a pop coming from that area. It is only when I am accelerating normal. If I am real heavy on the gas then it wont pop( or at least I can't hear it). Also, when I start it the shifter shakes alot...
  11. F

Help! A/C compressor not turning off.

I pulled the fuse for the ac clutch under the steering wheel and that stopped the clutch from engaging. So would that be the clutch cycling switch that is bad? Also I went to go remove the switch and the freon started coming out. I figured since it was on a valve it might let a little out but I...
  12. F

Help! A/C compressor not turning off.

The other day I notice that the a/c compressor is not shutting off. Even when the button that controls the fan speed is not pushed. The air is cold and works fine its just that the compressor is constatnly on and hurting my gas mileage and performance. Also now I noticed that the clicking noise...
  13. F

urgent help needed. steering problems

Thanks guys for all the help. Cloaked Chaos, you hit it on the head. It was the weight behind the horn cover. Easy fix took about 5 minutes. Now it turns without the pop.Thanks again
  14. F

urgent help needed. steering problems

last night I was driving around and the steering wheel started popping hard and when I make a left hand turn the horn goes off twice. Does this sound like a serious problem or an easy fix. It still turns and runs good just a horrible pop when turning. Any help will be appreciated.:us:
  15. F

help. no radio stations

The other day I was driving and then all of a sudden the radio stations stopped working. It is an aftermarket sony cd player and it plays when a cd is in but just doesnt pick up any radio stations. Not even static. I checked all the connections in the back and everything seems okay. I am...
  16. F

? about rebuilding a motor

I over heated my engine pretty bad and now a mechanic told me that there is low compression in 2 cylinders. now my question, do the lifters and the cam need to be replaced in order for that motor to be rebuilt? thanks any help is greatly appreciated
  17. F

Question about remaned tranny

I just bought a remanufactured 5 speed transmission and put it in and it has a whine in fifth gear. Now my question, does it just need to be broken in or is something wrong inside? it is only in fifth gear and besides the whine it runs and shifts good. thanks and any help will be appreciated. :us:
  18. F

How to tell if manual tranny is still good?

About two weeks ago I was driving on the highway and the tranny started whining real loud and it just gave out and I went to press the clutch and there was no clutch(pedal went all the way down). I pulled off to the side of the road and then when I stopped the clutch pedal had resistance again...
  19. F

Is freeze 12 the same as r 12?

Cool thanks for your help. I am going to buy it and see what happens. :us:
  20. F

Is freeze 12 the same as r 12?

My ac needs a little bit of freon to have a full charge and I was wondering if I could put freeze 12 in and mix it with r 12. The guy at the auto store said it would be fine but I would like to find out first. :us:
  21. F

1986 Acura Legend A/C question

What will happen if I put R-134a refrigerant from wal-mart into an R-12 system? Will it work or will it just freak out and hurt the whole car? Thanks for your help. :us:
  22. F

A/C problems

Its weird because I took it out today and turned on the A/C and now its working fine so I hope it keeps working but thanks for your help. :us:
  23. F

A/C problems

My 92 XLT has been acting a little funny. At the begining of summer the a/c was working really well ans then I parked it for about a week and now it doesnt blow nearly as cold as it was before. And now I can hear the compressor going on and off every little while and it never did that before. On...
  24. F

92' Explorer A/C

Can you tell me where the ccps is located? :us:
  25. F

Question about throw-out bearing

Yeah it is kind of hard to shift into first and second has always been tricky to shift into as long as I have owned it( about 2 1/2 years). I plan to replace the clutch in the summer cause I am in college now and I have no time and I drive 130 miles a day to school so I just wanted to make sure...
Back