Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

I can say all the ones I have ever done on these trucks have came loose and popped out of the arm. I am a master certified mechanic and work in a busy chain shop, I see a lot of these. When I did mine last weekend I didn't hesitate to get the welder out. These also remind me of the lowers on the...
  2. 0

Post #77 Brian. There has also been a few other threads started on this problem.
  3. 0

2005 explorer lift?

eBay listing # 220977464488
  4. 0

I finally got around to doing mine last weekend, I removed the lift spacers at the same time. (they are for sale BTW) I can tell everyone this, you WILL HAVE TO TACK WELD them to the upper arm. I guarantee 100% that they will pop out of the arm if not welded in.
  5. 0

wanted: black headlights

I got mine on ebay, 125 with matching corners.
  6. 0

04-- 4.0 all 4 chains replaced. completely gunked why?

3 Words Cheap Oil Changes!!!!!!!! Quick lubes and just about all chain shops use the cheapest bulk oil they can find! I know this from first hand experience. The chain shop I USED to work at was the worst! They would spend days trying to find the cheapest oil and filters they could, they had...
  7. 0

Timing Chain Tensioners

First what type of oil and filter are you using? Second, the engine has to be removed to change the rear cassette and chain.
  8. 0

new lower ball joint front with camber offset?

The camber correction kits for these trucks go on the upper control arms where they attach to the frame.
  9. 0

Abs Light on w/no code

Yep you need a better scanner! I just upgraded mine, I got a Snap-On Solis Pro, set me back $4,100 bucks!
  10. 0

Hub assembly.

Sounds like you and the 3 "mechanics" have misdiagnosed your problem. Try installing the bearing you removed in the first place on the other side.
  11. 0

EGR stuff sucks!!!

Just a little FYI, Ford parts are many times better then anything aftermarket. To the OP, you broke the tube off trying to install aftermarket parts that will do nothing for you but make your wallet thinner so you have no right to complain about ford ripping you off.
  12. 0

V6 to V8 Swap. Just need an answer.. PLEASE

Easy answer, sell it and buy one with a V8 in it! Mine has a V8!!!
  13. 0

will i need a spring compressor/new struts but lowered springs

Yes, and you better get a damn good one!! The fronts are under serious pressure! I was doing one with a wall mounted strut tool and the spring bent the ears of the tool and the spring popped out! Lucky for me the top nut was still attached!
  14. 0

New Dynomax exhaust installed today!!!

Ignorance is bliss right? You guys crack me up!
  15. 0

New Dynomax exhaust installed today!!!

That is a catalytic converter not a "resonator" and removing it is illegal! Also the OP said the hack, I mean mom and pop shop put a straight pipe in with no spring bolt flange. Over time without some sort of flex piece the exhaust will break somewhere. Not that I know what I am talking about...
  16. 0

How to: Install a Class III Hitch

I love mine! I keep the ball mount in and that keeps the bottom feeders from getting to close at stop lights!!!!!
  17. 0

used spacers wanted

I have a pair of 2" fronts I would part with.
  18. 0

For anyone looking to replace struts

I'm sure the techs just love this!!
  19. 0

Used spacers, new spacers, r they safe ?

I have 1.5" fronts and 1.25" rears. I feel this is as big as you can go without needing extended upper arms. My 265's rub just a little only when backing and turning to the right.
  20. 0

horrible oil and plugs..

Good luck with that!!! Fram filters are the worst oil filters on the planet!!!
  21. 0

hitch receiver?

Not sure what it would cost to ship it to FL? It won't be cheap.
  22. 0

hitch receiver?

I have a class 2 I would part with.
  23. 0

Muffler question before I buy...

That's what it is!!!!!!!!! And its illegal!
  24. 0

Just because it is not monitored by the PCM does not make it legal to remove. That is a catalytic converter, not a "resonator" And I hope this thread gets locked, we all know what you are talking about.
  25. 0

He is wanting to remove the 3rd converter. It is not a mystery device. Common sense would tell you what it is just from looking at it.
Back