Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Replacement Radio for 1998 XLT

anyone got astock one that works with a 98 mach subwoofer and steering wheel controls? if so i would buy it if its cheap and it dont matter to me if the lights work or not.
  2. G

1998 eddie bauer explorer 2wd 5.0 transmission

dropped the pan and the fluid all full of little bubbles. doesnt look to bad in pan, what struck me odd was the filter was laying in the pan and not attched to tranny and the oring was ****ed in the hole.. wonder if this was the problem.. we will see when i put it back togeather to test...
  3. G

4R70W Rebuild Diary Discussion, Questions, ETC

dropped the pan and the fluid all full of little bubbles. doesnt look to bad in pan, what struck me odd was teh filter was laying in the pan and not attched to tranny and the oring was ****ed in the hole.. wonder if this was the problem.. we will see when i put it back togeather to test...
  4. G

i have many different size seal pullers and drivers. whats so special about the tools?
  5. G

wonder if they tools can be used on the 4r100 tans also, im sure i will be rebuilding that one too. im gonna try to find the tools used. i dont like other people working on things for me.
  6. G

well i wonder how much more it costs for the seals. probably not much right? anyidea on the tool cost? if its not to expensive i might try to do it all.
  7. G

anyone have a exploded view of this trans? 2wd version would be best but i will take anything i can get. wanna see how far into i gotta get to replace forward frictions
  8. G

ya thats what im thinking, funny i was driving it to get it in the garage in reverse and i put it in drive and gave it some gas and it went like there was nothing wrong, so i backed it back out on the street to see if i could cruise around the snow pilein forward and nope! its crazy. im gonna...
  9. G

c6 trans

anyoen take out there overdrive s from a 98 explorer with the 5.0 and put a c6 in its place? run into any computer issues. been thinking about finding a c6 with a 205 and putting it behind my 5.0 in the 98 explorer since its a 2wd and converting it SA
  10. G

How to fix heated seats (short).

whats that long skinny switch for in front of the seat heat button?
  11. G

Does the automatic trans in these have a vacuum modulator like old c6's??
  12. G

look how trashed this interior is! i dont know what i was thinking
  13. G

Hey ive been reading day and nite since yesterday, i got a used explorer, what a gem! anyhow i know i need to get a trans pressure tester.. heres my problem reverse works great, transfluid doesnt smell, and when checking it idling it reads full on H.. Forward i need to reve it to...
  14. G

np 203 transfer case

whats the output spline count and what is the bolt pattern on the adapter to tcase on the explorer?
Back