Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Redranger4.0, solid axle swap d44/9"

Found a different set. Complete with frame and 351W/C6. Anyone want to buy a 351/C6 combo? Guy delivered them yesterday. along with new knuckle boots and BTF mohawk covers for them. Debraked one of them today, tomorrow I will do the other one and then I can power wash them.
  2. R

Rockwells

You butt welded the tierod end sleeves to the tierod and you don't see anything wrong with it? :thumbdwn:
  3. R

Only portals I would run are U1300 Mogs, and they are too much money.
  4. R

All those parts are sold. I am picking up a front rockwell this friday though. Have to drive 5 hrs one way to get it, but its cheap so its worth it.
  5. R

Rockwells

I forsee some major tierod issues down the road. That thing is dangerous.
  6. R

yota or first gen steering box

Damn, If you were in the lower 48 it would be.
  7. R

yota or first gen steering box

I have a yota box you can have for $60 shipped if your interested.
  8. R

Im trying to gather up some cash to buy the semi built set that is for sale locally.
  9. R

Haha, I actually lifted the front of the truck the other day with my hoist and moved them a bit so I could position them a little better to get the hoist under them to pull the motor out of the truck. And yes that is my super sweet "seatbelt" hoist tool holding up the motor. The rangers...
  10. R

New motor has forced me to hit the drawing board on the axles yet again (Cammed and Magnacharged 5.3L Chevy). After talking to some people and weighing the budget on the 1tons, they are up for sale. The 47's would be on the outer edge of the 1tons with my stock v6, now with this new motor...
  11. R

Transfer case questions

Yes it will work. The explorer and ranger both use a BW1354.
  12. R

Parts showed up over the past week or two. Highsteer arms Truss I always forget how much bigger D60 parts are then the D44 stuff. Knuckles weigh a lot.
  13. R

Put in a big order with Artec Industries about 2 weeks ago. Only think I didnt order yet is the full-hydro ram. Artec Dual Ended Ram Truss for my Dodge Front 60 Set of Reid HD knuckles Set of Reid Replacement Bronze kingpin bushings Artec Ultimate High steer kit
  14. R

97-07 Ford full width 8.8

Super88 kit will widen your stock explorer axle 1.5" with out spacers and gets rid of the Cclips as well as having the 5x5.5" lug pattern on the new shafts. http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticles/drivetrain/131_0610_super_88_axle_kit/index.html
  15. R

Struts showed up yesterday, the ruffstuff D60 cover showed up yesterday and the rear axle swap kits should be here tomorrow or thursday.
  16. R

More parts on the way. I sold my Fox coilovers last night and I have a set of ORI STX Struts on their way. I also ordered some parts from ruffstuff for the rear end. Im going to inboard the rear springs, so I picked up one of their 63" chevy swap kits as well as D70 swap kits. Ive...
  17. R

New D70 rear. 35 spline shafts and 1410 yoke. It has massive dual piston calipers. Should prove useful in stoping the 47's.
  18. R

I think I found a new rear axle. D70 from a 1ton Savana Van. Has factory disks and 35 spline, and its cheap.
  19. R

Over 900 pounds of wheels and tires will do that.
  20. R

I started to disassemble my rear 70, ran into a problem. At one point or another someone smoked an outer wheel bearing and it appears to have warped the spindle. Im not sure If I want to run it or get a new housing. They are generally pretty cheap axles, so I might just spend the 2-300 and...
  21. R

D44 Q's i cant find any info on my axles

http://www2.dana.com/pdf/X510-8DSD.pdf Dana 44 - 610047-9 - 3.50 Ratio - open diff - 1978 1/2 F-150 1/2 Ton Pick-up (Full Time Transfer Case)
  22. R

Help pick dual rate coilover compression and rebound for my HP44 Swap

send him a PM on pirate4x4. Thats the best way to get a hold of them. They have been swamped lately and have come out and said that it is effecting their communication but they are working on it.
  23. R

Yea its the one with the 8 lug wheel. It would be $250 plus what ever shipping is.
  24. R

Yea, my buddies S10 was not happy with us.
  25. R

Found my waggy axle today....maybe?

Do sport tracs have the explorer rear axle? Buy the super 8.8 kit, they have 5x5.5 pattern shafts available for that. No spacers needed. Are you going to run ford outers or combo chevy/ford to get the 5x5.5? I have 5x5.5 on my wagoneer axle, used chevy knuckles and small bearing spindles...
Back