Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Timing Chain Pictures!?!

Did not take any bolts off of upper oil pan/block girdle. did not take crank to jack shaft chain off. just notched the new spring and ben the old tensioner base down and then back up again. Could not believe it worked!
  2. L

2000StreetRod's Helpful thread list

Just to add a little. Did not take engine out. Main tensioner broken as well as tensioner on balance shaft. Managed to get new balance shaft tensioner in without taking engine out. Took new spring off new base, notched the spring on the end that goes on the pin, bent old (still mounted) base...
  3. L

Timing Chain Pictures!?!

Just to add a little. Did not take engine out. Main tensioner broken as well as tensioner on balance shaft. Managed to get new balance shaft tensioner in without taking engine out. Took new spring off new base, notched the spring on the end that goes on the pin, bent old (still mounted) base...
  4. L

How to: SOHC V6 Timing Chain Inspection & Repair

5. L

How to: Timing chain rattle resolution process - SOHC V6

6. L

How to: Timing chain replacement on a 2002 explorer 4.0 l

7. L

fuel pump stays on with key on

Drove it to work today - drives fine other than the rough idle. I plan on taking it over to Advance or AutoZone today or tomorrow to see what code(s) it's giving.. I checked the air intake tube yesterday - seems to be tight..... but I'll tape it. I think the 94 has an EGR valve, could...
  8. L

Well, almost there. Went to the junk yard and found a 1994 Explorer (mine is a '93) - pulled the PCM out ($28), took it home, plugged it in to my car. Turned the key on - fuel pump came on and went off after about 2-3 seconds!!! Perfect! Started it up. Idles a little rough - little bit of black...
  9. L

Yeah, I've read that the EEC relay and the Fuel Pump Relay are tied together somehow - so I changed that relay also! "Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.."
  10. L

fuel pump come on and stays on relay changed several times fuse is good "Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints.."
  11. L

All right - long day. Replaced the fuel pump relay again - no luck. Pulled all 6 plugs - 5 were covered in black carbon/soot. Only one was light brown - as it should be. None were wet. Rented a fuel pressure gauge from Auto Zone ($150) - pressure with key on (not the motor) - reached...
  12. L

i have changed it twice - same results.... "Some Days It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through The Restraints.."
  13. L

Well, been working on it after work the past few days. Changed the fuel pump relay twice. Checked all vacuum hoses I could find. Changed the fuel pressure regulator. Changed the fuel filter. Working on borrowing a fuel pressure gauge from a friend. Have not checked the injectors yet - this...
  14. L

I will do that...I hope it's the fuel pressure regulator - i picked up two of those at the junkyard yesterday..... how do you tell if an injector is leaking? Will there be fuel pooling somewhere? I don't smell any fuel.. "Some Days It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through The Restraints.."
  15. L

i'll buy one on the way home....i know where to attach a fuel pressure tester, but what should the pressure be..about? "Some Days It's Just Not Worth Chewing Through The Restraints.."
  16. L

93 Explorer (only one motor that year). When i turn the key on (not the engine) the fuel pump comes on (as it should), but does not shut off. When I start the car (it does start after a few attempts), the idle is erratic and the car shuts off after a short period of time. Check Engine Light...
Back