Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Rearview Camera Problems

Update: OEM replacement cameras are running about $300-400. Dorman is offering replacement camera for ~$100. I found them on both Amazon and RockAuto. They have different part numbers to match the different years/wiring harnesses. For my 2011 Ex Limited the part number was #590-420. Dropped it...
  2. K

Rearview Camera Problems

Unfortunately, no. I've seen that diagram, and the clip I need is I guess just considered to be part of #12 in that picture. It is the clip on the very left edge of this photo: Liftgate trim pic
  3. K

Rearview Camera Problems

The rearview camera on our 2011 Ex LTD has failed. Similar symptoms to what everyone has reported on here. I tried removing it and cleaning the contacts, but no luck. I'm going to attempt to order a replacement. But I had a question: When removing the chrome trim piece over the camera and...
  4. K

Touch screen not selecting what I am trying to select

Turning the ignition off and back on does exit the calibration. But I wasn't sure it was saving the new calibration before it shutdown. In my case anyway, the touch locations are just as messed up after I do that as they were before. It is looking more and more like my issues are bigger than...
  5. K

Hmm... something must be different about mine. As soon as the calibration starts the screen goes completely white. It displays 3 lines of text - one of which is something like "Press 'ESC" to end calibration" and the crosshair starts in the middle. As I press the crosshair it moves from middle...
  6. K

How were you able to exit the calibration? The calibration screen says to press "ESC"... no idea which button that is. Otherwise, on my Ex, I can keep pressing those crosshairs forever and it never does anything else. And it doesn't seem like the calibration was saved if I turn the Ex off and...
  7. K

Rear Parking Sensor Problem: "Check Rear Park Aid"

Finally got this issue fixed. I poked around up under the rear bumper, but none of those sensors are easy for the layman (or at least me) to access. I did finally take it to and independent shop. They were able to diagnose a loose/slightly broken connector on one of the sensors. They were able...
  8. K

Rear Parking Sensor Problem: "Check Rear Park Aid"

Our 2011 Limited began intermittently showing a "Check Rear Park Aid" on the left side screen (next to the speedo.) When this happens, the reverse camera still works, but you get no warning beeps for object detection. I had written it off as likely due to winter dirt accumulating on the sensor...
  9. K

Foot Activated Liftgate?

Thanks for that link ieee_raider. The system is actually much more complex that I initially expected. Much more difficult to add DIY. I guess the best hope is that Ford adds it as an option for the Explorer, and then the parts would be available. Adding the parts from the Escape would...
  10. K

Foot Activated Liftgate?

Anyone thought about trying to upgrade their Ex to have a "Foot Activated Liftgate"? Where you can just wave your foot under the rear bumper, and if the key is near, the liftgate opens... It is available on the Escape now. I wondered if it might be possible to just buy the sensor part from...
  11. K

Power Liftgate Warning Chime

Thanks for checking yours, Peter. I don't have a height adjustment set on mine and never have. Crystal- Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure giving you my specific info would help much. Is it possible to just confirm how it is supposed to work? Is it supposed to sound the chime before...
  12. K

Power Liftgate Warning Chime

Please tell me you Explorer does not work like this. With my 2011 Limited the liftgate operates like this: When the liftgate is closed 1) Press the button to open 2) Liftgate opens 3) Warning chime sounds When the liftgate is open 1) Press the button 2) Warning chime sounds...
  13. K

What's your MFT wallpaper? Please share!!

I love this one. But I'd like one small change and I have no PhotoShop skills. Could someone add the "Driver" and "Passenger" to the "Climate quadrant"? Ideally getting them to appear right between the seat heating/cooling buttons, and the two temps that are overlayed on this image by MFT?
  14. K

Those are very cool. Thanks!
  15. K

Are all of them from that site? I love the ones with 4 quadrants - like #1 and 7 but I don't see them on that site. Am I missing them?
  16. K

Weathertech now has BOTH cargo liners?

I was poking around the Weathertech site today and I noticed that they now allow you to select from 2 different cargo liners: - behind 2nd row - behind third row Previously they only had cargo liners for "behind 2nd row". They don't seem to have any pics of the actual "behind 3rd row"...
  17. K

Sync dead?

Tom- My dealer also claimed that I had to wait for my SD card - when syncmyride.com clearly showed I had to go to them, and probably wouldn't receive one in the mail. I just left my car with them (needed and oil change and rotation anyway) and called the Ford IVT number that has been...
  18. K

Dealership responsibilities regarding TSB's

I agree. But there are only 2 dealers in town, both owned by the same company. So really only 1 dealer, I guess.
  19. K

Dealership responsibilities regarding TSB's

Cory- Does the dealership need to reproduce the issue to get warranty coverage? Even for intermittent problems? Took our Ex in today for 2 issues: 1) grinding brakes 2) random wipes when rain sensor is ON Both problems are known, and known to be intermittent (and covered by TSBs), but...
  20. K

Block Heater

OK. I definitely do NOT have the block heater installed. Can anyone else from Colorado check and see if they do or do not have it? I thought I saw the list of "cold-weather" states somewhere, and Colorado was included.....
  21. K

Block Heater

That is a great pic! Thanks Peter! I'll check mine tonight.
  22. K

Block Heater

Would someone be kind enough to take a picture of the location of their block heater plug? My 2011 Ex LTD was a custom order in CO, so I believe I *should* have one. But I have looked all around under the hood by the radiator and I can't seem to find it. Thanks
  23. K

Active Park Assist

I realized I never updated this thread. (Thanks for everyone's help!) Turns out my system was not operational. My steering wheel sensor was not calibrated properly. One clue was that the guidelines in the reverse camera were not aligned with the steering wheel. (i.e. - the wheel would be...
  24. K

Installing aftermarket DVD headrests

I'd like to resurrect this thread, because I am interested in adding DVD headrests to my Ex. I had a couple of questions: 1) Can anyone who has installed the Eonon or Autotain units give an updated review? How are they working? Any issues? 2) Anyone found a unit that matches the "Med...
  25. K

Ford should be ashamed

11Limited: I thought I'd offer one tip that helped my wife and I significantly. (taken form another thread on here.) Don't try and enunciate your commands at all. Speak in a normal boring tone, without trying to separate words or speak a bit louder than normal, or anything special. We...
Back