Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2016 Sport misfire issues after mods installed

How often where you adding or running that fuel? You had stated earlier that you had run many tanks of different fuel with the same results. Where you adding this in everytime, or is one tank of the race fuel enough to ruin the injectors. Is a 2016 sport e85 compatible?
  2. J

PTU Problems

Depends of course of where it is leaking, but if it's the seal as pictured in post # 25 of this thread it's no big deal and should be maybe 130$ not 1300$!
  3. J

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

We had a very early build 2011 xlt and only once or twice in 35k miles did we notice the exhaust smell, it did have every other problem first though. Our new 2014 xlt, same truck in every way but a sun roof. Has the exhaust smell every time I get on it hard. Sometimes you almost have to roll the...
  4. J

wiring diagram for 2014 Explorer XLT brake and rear turn lights

Something like this? http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-explorer-trailer-hitch-wiring-harness-connector-p-283.html Or this http://www.etrailer.com/t1-2014_Ford_Explorer.htm
  5. J

TSB 13-9-6, 2013 Explorer PTU Vent Hose Leak

This tsb is for the vent hose, not the rear seal that most have that leak. There is already a thread for that one I posted pictures to.
  6. J

New here with a question.

I can only think of one We have owned 4 explorers and the 2011 on up do feel much larger inside than the pervious years. Most everything before those was nearly the same style and size since the beginning.
  7. J

Squeaking or moaning when turning left or right

I just used a heavy weight lube. You could also use a spray lube but they smell and make a mess. The boot had plenty of grease on it but the top wasn't lube anymore, making the moaning sound from the rubber rubbing on the metal shaft. I knew I wasn't the only one just always the first!
  8. J

Squeaking or moaning when turning left or right

2011 XLT with 36k miles started making a moaning noise from the steering wheel area. Found a rubber boot at the base of the steering shaft that needed to be regreased. Right above the brake pedal under the dash.^ Just push the black boot down grease around the shaft and slide boot back up...
  9. J

Replace Rear Brake Pads & Rotors

We just had the rears replaced at 33k at 210$. We didn't have the rotors changed because our lease is up in two months and they are not warped. Front pads had plenty of life left though. Our ex before needed all four rotors turned in the first 1000 miles due to rust.
  10. J

Body control module

Does this help? http://www.commandocaralarms.com/wiring/2011-2012/ford/explorer/759.html
  11. J

Rear cup holder issue

Ours broke on the test drive, got it replaced and has been fine ever since. Of coarse the function of it holding cups is another story.
  12. J

2015 Ford Explorer Order Guide & Changes

Any idea when this goes into effect as we just placed an order for the gray metallic the other day and I see they canceled it.
  13. J

Picked up my wife's new Sport on Friday. Couple of thoughts on it...

Those grayed out letters where a glitch in the last MFT update. They used to be there until the last update, seems they never fixed it. Don't worry it doesn't do anything anyway....if it updated your truck while sitting in the driveway connected would be awesome but not happening.
  14. J

shift light fuse

How did you make the connection with the fuse?...a fuse tap into the fuse box or a fuse with a pig tail?
  15. J

No Sirius ... How to add.

Now is a good time to try and get this working as Sirius is free till FEB10th.
  16. J

AWD turning off on 2014 XLT

The tire size makes sense, as these are the same messages that appeared when I put the spare tire on once. Glad you got it taken care of.
  17. J

Dealer won't fix transmission bump

Our 2011 has always done that since brand new, just seems the trans is between gears or shifts when letting off the gas and coasting then pushing the gas again and it slams into gear. It's pretty loud and violent but normal, mostly happens when slowing for a red light then the light turns green...
  18. J

Problems with Gas Fill

Just fixed my dads 2012 ford focus, with the no cap filler system. Same type of system same problem, canister vent was clogged with spider webs and this time two spiders fell out of the tube as I removed it. Our explorer has been fine this year and I used the Coleman lantern sock trick on ours...
  19. J

PTU Problems

This is the PTU seal that leaks, it is right in the middle of the truck behind the trans. This is the drive shaft that turns the rear wheels in 4wd.
  20. J

Rain X on an Ex

We use the rain x washer fluid, adds the film every time I wash the windshield. Never a problem.
  21. J

Notchy Turn Signal Lever FIX

My 2011 feels fine, does the 2013 have a different part number for the turn signal?..thanks for the pictures and detailed instructions.
  22. J

How to: Notchy Turn Signal Lever FIX

My 2011 feels fine, does the 2013 have a different part number for the turn signal?..thanks for the pictures and detailed instructions.
  23. J

Explorer Front End Clicking

Our 2011 xlt started with this clicking noise now at 25k miles. After reading so many posts I have seen the axels, stuts, control arms and the frame welded or punched. How can so many things need to be replaced for the same noise that is being described. Since leasing this truck ford has had it...
  24. J

Tom's Ford (Keyport NJ)- disgusting

Can you post a link to your videos?
  25. J

Mft v 3.5.1

Noticed a bug or problem in v 3.5.1 when connecting to a wifi host it seems you can't enter letters for the password just numbers. I haven't had this problem anytime before with the other versions of MFT. We use this feature when parked we can find our home wifi and connect devices or when out...
Back