Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Towing questions

YES!!! Check your safety chains! Last year I saw somebody's car that was being towed in the ditch with the driver not even around! that puppy rolled! The driver probaly didnt even know it, what a way to find out 100 miles down the road and your car that you were towing is not behind you...
  2. B

INTERIOR ????????????????????????

I like both in a way...i have cloth seats in my X, even though it doesnt wrinkle up like leather...however, i did get leather seat covers cuz i like the look luxurious look to them and feel. So when ever those go bad or too cold during the winter or too hot in the summer, I can take them off...
  3. B

Help me pick some CHEAP mods ( under $100)

you can get clear headlights for $27.00
  4. B

Learn from this! Motor Exchange troubles..

In Alaska, they dont use salt...they use rocks!!!...rust is not a problem for us. It is the damn crack windshields and scratched up paint on the rocker panels and hood!!!
  5. B

Most popular style

What does the XL have or does not have from all the rest??? I never seen one before...
  6. B

Prewired connection to overheadconsole?

No, it does not, however... it does have the holes to mount the bracket in...alls you need is the overhead console (of course), the bracket...(short one for the console with the sunroof button or a long one for the console with out a sunroof button instead it has the garage opener...), the...
  7. B

Most popular style

I would have to say my grey 98 LIMITED XLS 4.0 with Chrome bumpers and trim... I love my extra options, especially my message center, overhead console and auto dim/lamp mirror... I would be even more happy if I had the 5.0... One question, "Why are there more votes for the XLT, what makes...
  8. B

mountaineer steering wheel?

yea it did...in 98, damn Ford discontinued the lamp outage warning module for the message center and wired the lights in parallel instead of series...resulting in less wiring cost... another change was the tail gate was redesigned, and for the Air Ride Control...it only works for the rear...
  9. B

Auto dimming mirror

Billabong, run your wires like I explained in my thread..."THIS IS HOW TO INSTALL AN AUTO DIMMING/ AUTO LAMP REAR VIEW MIRROR". It is the thread that wierd_af underlined. 5 wires white/purple: wire it to the park lamp relay located behind the dash by the gas pedal, you will see a black...
  10. B

fuel filter

Mine reads 8 mph faster...but that will change soon as soon as I put my 20's on...then it should read just about right or slower...
  11. B

Auto dimming mirror

Billabong02 run your wires thru the headliner and down the A pillar and hook up your red/white and yellow/green wire to the fuse panel...that way it is hooked up just like it came out of the factory...plus you got it to the right fuses, do not hook it up to your cigar lighter that is to much...
  12. B

EMRGENCY BRAKE LIGHT ALWAYS ON

Perhaps bleed the brakes...
  13. B

Thinking to trade my 98 Explorer for a Tundra

Me, I would love to have a silver Dodge Ram 3500 dully quad cab with chromed out deflector and stock 20's
  14. B

EMRGENCY BRAKE LIGHT ALWAYS ON

Or the pedal is not up all the way. pull out the brake release handle and push up the brake lever with your foot all the way, that should do it also.
  15. B

THE BEST McGUYVER EMERGENCY KIT

:bounce: Gummy bears....hehehe, check! I just cant wait 'til I get 20's on the feet!!! Then I got 4 spares, hehehe
  16. B

Oh....I got a 8x4 trailor too and a cargo storage on the roof rack... yup...belt is a must. and yes, i have lumbar seats...this is transformation limited here buddy, check out my installation threads... keyless entry, overhead console, rear bottle washer, vanity dual visors, message center...
  17. B

I got a video camera, and a regular camera... I am changing my oil before I go, again in Washington, and one more time in Alburquerque... I am thinking about changing my belt before I leave also...its cracking but not servere...but I just dont want it to go out on the way cuz the furthest I...
  18. B

thanks akcrogers: where did you go??? I think that it will be a beautiful sight on the way down until i go over the Sierra mountains...this time im not taking highway 36 in california going to Reno, its practically 25mph the whole way...Im passing Sacramento then over to Vegas... items: 2...
  19. B

fire, good point, dont have a tent...put it on the get list... i got a dvd player with a ps2....19 month old daughter loves it...so, she would be a problem... got a blanket
  20. B

oh yea...i got tools...(good idea, i forgot a first aid kit though...) also, i will have $4,000 so i will be covered if anything happened... and no i am not going off road... i will be going on the Alcan highway all the way to Washington State and stay there for a week and visit...
  21. B

Hey everyone...okay, in 3 and half more weeks, i will be driving from Fairbanks, Alaska to Alburquerque, New Mexico...that is 3,500 miles... I was wondering if any of you guys have any McGUYVER tricks in case of any kind of emergencies...such as...what can you substitute with if your radiator...
  22. B

how to wire 94 limited seats to 92 eb

Do a search on: THIS IS HOW TO INSTALL POWERED MEMORY SEATS... BY: BIG COUNTRY... I explained everything on how to set it up...for the wires that are coming out from under the seat for power and crap...in the place that they are, its the same, its just a different color of wire in the...
  23. B

changing spark plugs...

i agree with BRADE...mine took a couple of hours...and routing under the intake manifold...what a PITA!!! DAMN FORD ENGINEERS:shoot: :exp: :hammer: :yelexp: :banghead: :redexp: :fire: :exporange :frustrate :roll: :rolleyes: :chug:
  24. B

keyless entry HELP plz

I think you could...im not really sure about the size though, on the Explorers...they use the small relays, i dont think the big relay will hurt...you just got to make sure it has 5 pins and not 4
  25. B

help - has anyone else had this problem ...

i have a 98...and the warranty wouldnt cover it either, cuz they said the warranty out of the factory was 2 years...
Back