Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Leftovers from SGT Ex

I have a ton of parts for first gen Ford explorer and ranger. I have pics of everything available, if it's still on the list, it's still available. Willing to ship any of the smaller stuff on buyers dime from San Diego. Brian Fab polyurethane motor and transmission mounts - 100 for the set...
  2. J

Need some help with Oxygen (O2) sensors

Hello everyone, I have to add O2 sensors to my truck and I need to know where they were located from the factory, but I also think I may have problem with my current exhaust setup. I found some info in this thread http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320348&page=3 when the...
  3. J

Let's see your V8 swapped 1st gens

Mods, if this is not acceptable, I apologize, please delete. If it is, I am interested in seeing people's 1st gens with v8s. I've seen a bajillion second gens, and 3rd gen rangers, and carbed 302s in 1st and 2nd gen trucks, but I know there are people out there that have 1st gen explorers or...
  4. J

Shaking when turning wheel in 4wd on snow

Shaking when turning wheel in 4wd on snow -> Solved! Hey everyone, having another small issue with the sport. Its a 2001 sport 4wd auto, and in 4 hi (didn't try in 4 lo) when i turn the wheels (whether moving or stopped) the steering shakes just like if I had death wobble. My first thought...
  5. J

Rear Hatch rattle on 01 Sport

So the little explorer I picked up a couple weeks ago has this terrible rattle in the back. I've already replaced the glass hinges, and although this did keep the glass from rattling, it hasn't fixed the loud rattling going on back there. I checked to make sure there was a weather seal...
  6. J

Dinger and door lock questions

So I picked up a new daily for the lady and am working through the little bugs. 1.) The driver door handle is very floppy. Basically it only pulls the lever when the handle is all the way at the top of the motion. 2.) When you lock the doors, the driver door doesn't unlock. It's moving...
  7. J

Pics of the 4wd module

Hey everyone, i am in need of pictures of the pigtail of the 4wd module that is behind the driver side interior panel in the cargo department. There are 3 plugs that go into this, 2 on one side, 1 on the other. On the side with 2, I need pics of how the wires enter the plug on the wide...
  8. J

Wanted Clear 1st gen headlights

I really like the look of these, and I'm cheap. So i figured I would check to see if anyone has a set they would sell. I would also trade for my stock setups. I don't need the brackets and all that stuff, just the actual corner/marker lights themselves. Thanks for checking!
  9. J

Coil Sprung Rear?

I was wondering if anyone has done this on an explorer. I have searched and searched, but have not had any luck. Figured, WTH, might as well ask.
  10. J

Josh's 4 door 1st gen explorer crawler (SGT Ex)

First off, this truck was well built before i ever got it. Most of the work was done by the PO So to all those who say "Built not Bought", you can have that saying, as this thing is freaking amazing and I "bought, not built" it. I bought the truck in 2011 to have a more trail rig as the plans...
  11. J

Tierra Del Sol March 4,5,6 at Truckhaven

Anyone else comming? Registration is open, plenty of prizes, plenty of people, a lot of fun. I have been once, and had one of the best times. Want to start planning now so that way things will go smooth (or well smoother than planning a week before hand) Here is the list of people going with...
  12. J

D-Ranged

This is my Ranger. There are many like it, but this one is mine. I'm updating the beginning of the thread with how it progressed. To follow along, you can see some of it here, the rest is on The Ranger Station and Pirate. Just search D-Ranged. This thread isn't much different than what you would...
Back