Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

06 Ford Explorer Cylinder 6 misfire

My 06 V8 Explorer has been driving kind of goofy for a couple of months. It started only occurring around 55 mph where it pulls funny and if I give it more gas its fine. Then it started happening a lot more and the check engine light would flash about 20 times then shut off. Sometimes there is a...
  2. J

Flashing Engine Light

A couple of weeks ago my "tire sensor fault light" came on and I had my tires checked and they are all fine. They said the one of them probably needs to be replaced but not to worry about it because it’s not that big of a deal, so I just reset the message every day. Lately I have noticed around...
  3. J

What part is this?

Thanks for all your help!
  4. J

What part is this?

If you look close in the second picture it is cracked and anti freeze is just squriting out of it. Can you buy this part at any kind of auto store or will I have to go to ford? Also will be be hard to switch out for a new one?
  5. J

What part is this?

I have found the issue with my leak in anti freeze. Howevere I need to know what part this is to get a new one. I have pictures of it but can not post on this site. I can email them to someone if they can help. It is located under the hood near where the washer fluid goes (97 explorer). It...
  6. J

Over heat!!

:mad:Today on my way to work my car started to smoke and my check engine light came on and the temp gage was high. So i pulled into a lot and let it cool down. When i opened the hood I checked the coolant and it was empty. But there was also a bright greenish colored liquid everywhere! It was up...
  7. J

Check Engine Light and engine tempature

I checked my coolant level and teh resivouir was empty. I added some of the 50/50 mix stuff you can buy in and the check engine light is still on. How long does it take for the light to turn off?
  8. J

Yes the check engine light came ontday instead of check gage that has been coming on. Thanks for your help!
  9. J

I have a 97' Forx Explorer Eddie Bauer SOHC. A few weeks ago my check check gage light came on, andmy message center said check engine temp. When i looked at the engine temp it was high but dropped down to normal after about 15 seconds. Then the other day it did this again, however I noticed my...
  10. J

Front Blower

Yes. Nothing happens at all when it is turned on. I checked all the fuses and they are all ok as well.
  11. J

Front Blower

I have a 97 explorere eddie bauer edition. This past weekend everything in the front stopped working. No heat, no air. no defrost, on any setting. When I turn on the read controls air comes through the back but it is cold. I have a digitial display for my settings. Any ideas of what this could...
Back