Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

need help again

well this might change everything. I just took it for another spin and when i got home i checked for hidden codes one is showing up a p1151. I guess that has somthing to do with a h02s circuit.
  2. J

need help again

I will go out and start it in the morning starts fine. shut it off for 10-15 seconds try to start it will eventually start if keep cranking but if i hold throttle wide open it starts right up
  3. J

need help again

i have no clue. Tomorrow im going to do a fuel pressure test. I have no codes stored and it runs great when started so i guess it could be. Its not real cold out so i dont think its the engine coolant temp sensor.
  4. J

need help again

it runs great when started
  5. J

need help again

any1? have an idea of what it might be
  6. J

need help again

I took trash to dumpster up my driveway and it started fine. Got out and put trash in dumpster got back in tried to start it up it wont start. So luckily my neighbor is a mechanic he went up there said i was out of gas. I was like wtf i had a 1/4 of a tank. Went to town and got 4 gallons got...
  7. J

stupid question

ok thx i didnt think it would just checking cause you never know
  8. J

stupid question

i am wondering if disconnecting the battery will trigger the anti theft and lock my car up. i have the 97 explorer xlt. i am wondering this bc i am going to go look at a boat tomorrow to see if i want to buy it and i need to remove my battery to run the boat on land and of course i dont want to...
  9. J

1995 Aerostar with a 4.0L won't go into overdrive.

ya i got mine there for 25 dollars and its pretty good.
  10. J

o man thats old school i remember the 89 honda prelude i had it was an obd0 so it had 17 codes and when the check engine light came on all i had to do was count the flashes of the led light on the pcm.
  11. J

I never thought of that all i got is an obd2 code reader i think ill take it to oreily auto parts and see if they can code read it.
  12. J

do either of you guys know the specs or where i can find i dont have a manual or anything.
  13. J

Wouldnt a code go off if either sensor is bad.
  14. J

Ok it is running rich so i think it is either the ect or tps sensor but where is the tps sensor located at? I own an explorer so i have no clue where these sensors are even located at.
  15. J

No engine codes. I know the maf is like 2 years old but i can clean it. Is the tps the throttle position sensor? And whats the ect sensor?
  16. J

does anyone know hwo to remove the stock bumper hitch

that is correct and i do think i found the bracket. i guess i didnt look hard enough.
  17. J

my father has the 95 4.0 and his isnt shifting into overdrive. We recently had the tranny fluid changed and the mechanic couldnt see any metal shavings or really nothing wrong inside the tranny. I beleive i checked the right fuse which is number 17 or 18 in fuse box they were good unless it has...
  18. J

Cant Find trailer plug

i have a 97 xlt 4.0 sohc and my connector is tucked under bumper like right under license plate. It is a light blue round connector with a cap on it.
  19. J

I have the xlt and the bumper hitch that is there it unbolts from under the bumper but 2 of the nuts are underneith where the leif springs bolt to the frame. i am asking how do i remove the bumper it self so i can remove the old bumper hitch. the orinal problem is that the bumper hitch is bent...
  20. J

i think i will need to remove the bumper then it would be easier to remove the old hitch. Well i cant find any bolts underneith that are holding the bumper on. Anyone have a pic or forum that explains how. ive looked all over the forums couldnt find but one and it wa no help.
  21. J

I just got a new class 3 hitch because my stock one is bent down a little bit. I noticed there are 6 bolts that hold it on and two of them are right under the frame where the nuts can be backed off. My question is what should i do? The new hitch lines up but one hole is a little of bc the old...
  22. J

explorer wont start PLZ help

ya this time its 350. 150 of it was my fault when i flooded the engine. But im kinda glad i did bc now i know some vac lines were off and i never knew i had a bad wheel bearing that must of been that loud noise ive been hearing every once in awhile. The wheel bearing was 100 with part and labor...
  23. J

the reason i didnt have it brought back to him is bc my road side assistance only covered 50 dollars that would of been a 150 dollar tow. I called him twice didnt even call me back so i had no choice but to take it to a good techncian near my house.
  24. J

I am def. going to talk to him he was probably in a rush because all the snow we had he was backed up. but thats no reason not to label the vac lines.
  25. J

Well good and bad news. The reason my car wouldnt start was of course i flooded it. The spark plugs need to be replaced but the reason it was running bad was bc the guy who put my manifold on hooked vac lines backwards. I was shocked bc hes been my mechanic for 4 yrs. So the new mechanic is...
Back