Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Faulty DRL Module???

Whatever you do don't buy a DRL module from ROCK AUTO. The box says Standard (brand) formerly a great company but i went thru 3 of them as they all had circuit board problems. $98 later and i still have the same issue. I believe taking off from an auto wrecking yard vehicle will be a better...
  2. M

How to: Open hood without cable - Help! Hood won't open!

Thanks for that. I'm going try one thing first. My neighbor who isa welder os going to bend one of my old screwdrivers to a 90* end likea hook on the blade end...and weld a T handle on the grip end so i hold it firmly to pull on it. Have you tried adjusting the latch and sprayed penetrating...
  3. M

I'm still having an issue with this. I may not be the right person for this since I've lost my fine motor skills from the stroke....i have to wear glasses to see up close and my eyes sweat making everything blurry....plus i have a balance problem caused by neck muscles. I've tried 4...
  4. M

A better example would be to take a photo with hood closed and place an arrow to show where to insert a tiny slim screwdriver.
  5. M

I looked at mine again. There's a thin vertical slot THAT IMO, is only wide enough for a nail file to fit? I'm going to use a chisel and open it up a bit. No one at local dealership knows what I'm talking about.
  6. M

This thread is about hood locks. Perhaps you can start a new thread with your issues ?
  7. M

T/S causes buzzing right turn position

Thanks for the ideas everyone. Right now I'm still trying to get the hood open so i can remove the battery thaw it out and charge it so I can use it. It's been Minus 27-14*C for the last 2 weeks .
  8. M

Nice to see this issue is already going. This just happened to me and hopefully I can get my lockable hood to open. Edit; My 95 doesn't have this design. Mine has the anti theft box and that's it. Any help will be appreciated.
  9. M

The ? Was missing from the airbag questions.
  10. M

Clean contacts or replace? I hate paying for parts. I think it's only a 20 minute job. Air bags need disconnected ?
  11. M

https://www.google.ca/search?q=1995+ford+explorer+wiring+diagram&oq=1995+explorer+wir&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l3.13907j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgdii=_ http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/s420/2009-09-27_213749_95_Explorer_stoplamp_wiring_diagram.jpg
  12. M

No. It either works for both direction or none. HAZARD LIGHT FLASHER IS DIFFERENT. Like i tried to explain. LANE CHANGE position is fine , actual turn right position ......bzźzzzzzzz
  13. M

Same flasher for both sides...left turn fully iniated works fine. I know I'm dealing with a gremlin here but wiring is my niche. I own 6 Ford's ....3 from 92-96 This what bothers me with some people installing alarms. My biggest issue is my unexpected loss of fine Motor skills...
  14. M

I'm talking fully actuated position, in lane change position it works fine. 1995 Explorer Expedition ( aka: 2dr Sport ) Some say TS SWITCH broken others say TS SWITCH contacts dirty. I thought maybe the remote start / alarm install guy caused it. New to me in 2011. Sorry I'm late...
  15. M

Headlight Headache

http://www.mycarstats.com/reports/ford/explorer/tsbs.aspx
  16. M

Headlight Headache

Has this EX had an aftermarket entry/alarm system installed in it ? I too have a Hi-Beam and TS issue There is a TSB on the Multi-function switch When I put the TS to RH, I get a buzzing behind the dash So far the entry.alarm system is screwing things up,but it's way too cold to do anything...
  17. M

Interior Lights won't go off, door ajar light NOT lit.

absolutely NOT Leave the cruddy grease alone ....it is doing its job. Spray some SILICONE LUBE in the linbkage instead.
  18. M

One time I was restoring a 67 Mustang and the owner asked me to clean up both the door locks and latching hardware. I told him it would makes things worse. He kept saying that old grease in there isn't doing its job so please clean it all up and lube everything with Lubriplate.. I just shook my...
  19. M

what are you 12 ? There are way too many people on the net posting FALSE INFO The devil is in the details. I was there when it came on the market, it was worse than other products buyt marketing made it a hit. WD-40 basically REPELS water and can be used inside distributor caps. The REAL...
  20. M

Let's try interpreting it another way ..just for you I replied to a thread that contained FALSE inormation..and correct it Now you can rid your mentality of snideness and think about FACTS
  21. M

There isn't any LUBRICANT in WD-40. It was made as penetrating fluid that smells nice..Unfortunately after 39 attempts they simply stopped trying, so the name WD-40 was born Cleaners are made to clean, you need an spray lubricant to Lubricate these. Teflon powder like they use for door locks...
  22. M

Interior lights problem (help!!)

Door switches can break. The spring loaded device of the switch when broken will cause the lights to stay on because the switch thinks the door is open. Replace the switch
  23. M

Courtesy Lamp Removal Question

To me it almost loks like the socket has to come off the assembly and the bulb removed once it is out. . I just smashed a bulb myself trying to figure this out.
  24. M

Courtesy lamps

It is determined by build date of truck
Back