Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

06 explorer brake pedal slip

Fixing the GF's truck again... Its an 06 Ford explorer. 100,000 miles Recently, as you press the brake pedal down, it jumps almost all the way to the floor. The issue seems to happen less if you slam on the brakes and more when you just ease on them. No lights are triggered on the...
  2. G

2006 explorer lower control arm

Can't seem to find any DIY on the lower control arm. Should be pretty straight forward, but im wondering if anyone has done this job?
  3. G

Engine Squeak

Hmm, defintly not from the front of the engine or the belts at all. Something at the rear of the engine... ?
  4. G

Engine Squeak

2006 Ford Explorer I have an intermitent squeaking sound coming from under the intake manifold. Any ideas/suggestions on what might be the issue?
  5. G

Gear Shift Stuck in Park

Recall I had the same problem on 2006 ford explorer Eddie Bauer. The dealer fixed it under a recall for no charge.
  6. G

Removing rear wiper assembly

Just rebuild the wiper motor! It took me 25 minutes and works perfect....
  7. G

Problem with heating at idle

You all need thermostats. The thermostat is stuck open which is causing the cars cooling system to start trying to cool the car as soon as you start it. The thermostat would normally be closed upon starting until it warms up to a certain temperature, then it opens to prevent the car from...
  8. G

How to fix your rear wiper motor assembly

I bet its the shaft that the wiper arm attatches to. I would take the motor out and rebuild it using shaker's instructions. Mine was so bad inside. Im sure yours is just getting caught up.
  9. G

Just got done rebuilding the motor. It works! I bench tested it before hand and nothing. Afterwards, it works like a charm. As long as the little module isn't burnt up, should be good to go. Can't wait to get home and try it. My GF owes me big time. Appreciate you shaker...
  10. G

I was up late last night trying to test this. Theres a small module right at the rear wiper. I found polarity change going into the module, but the three wires coming out of the module never changed polarity, so im concerned that the seized woper shaft has caused the module to fail. Im goin...
Back