Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

My Explorer Problems

This happens to me occasionally, next time I start the car the systems reset to normal. Seem like it happens in heavy rain.
  2. P

gold leaf

They build another one as well, cuz i have one. I like the color, doesn't show dirt as bad as black or white.
  3. P

MFT music playback questions

I leave mine plugged in all the time and it does not re-index every time I turn the car on.
  4. P

It is easy, the menu offers browse options by Artist or Album, if you pick Artist you can then select Album or play all. Also the voice commands work well. "Play Artist <name>" or " Play Album <name>" or even "Play Track <name>".
  5. P

Sorry, didn't see the second question. It only indexes if something has changed, not everytime you start the car. Playlists work ok but i had to build them using Windows Media Player and copy directly to the USB drive. Biggest headache i see is special characters like apostrophies in song...
  6. P

Monkey - I use an 8gb USB stick loaded with music. Music plays fine, album art is spotty - not a big deal to me. Whole albums work fine, if you have a bunch of singles thrown into a miscellaneous folder that can be spotty. Getting 2.8 loaded today so will see if that makes a difference. The...
  7. P

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

While I was waiting on my EX to arrive, I saw all the concerns about the tire and explored options. I decided to try them first before I did anything. A week after I picked up my EX (FWD) I drove from Tampa to Canton, Ohio and back, I hit huge downpours, snow in Ohio and dry roads as well. I...
  8. P

Sirius Traffic Weather Not Working

Took delivery 3/4/2011, and the subscription status shows "Subscribed" .
  9. P

homelink

One think that I had to do to get it to work was make sure i shut the driver door when i got back in to hold the buttons down. Didn't work the first time and had the door open, and when I did it the second time I shut the driver door and it worked.
  10. P

Sirius Traffic Weather Not Working

Anyone having issues with Traffic levels not showing on the navigation any more? Also Sirius services doesn't have any traffic or weather updates. I will try a master reset.
  11. P

Opening in front air dam/ bumper--what is it?

I noticed that the other day on my LTD, I have the tow package as well so I agree that it must be functional.
  12. P

Usb stick keep skiping

Mine does that too, but have narrowed it down to when I first put the stick in and Sync is doing all the indexing and voice command building. After that is complete it seems to quit doing that.
  13. P

AWD/4WD Available through X-Plan

I ordered a LTD with 302, moonroof, towing on 1/17 using X plan. Dealer had no issue with it, gave me a priority 10 and I picked up my Ex on 3/04. It is all based upon the dealer. Mine was Gator Ford in Tampa. Anyone in Tampa area who wants the Salesman, send me a PM. Love the car, only...
  14. P

DIY: Front License Plate Bracket Removal!

Bubz, Thanks for the awesome instructions - didn't take long and looks much better without the bracket and me shilling for the dealership. Thanks again, Paul
  15. P

MFT/Sync Trouble using Playlists

Anyone else having issues with playlists with the USB port. Tried both an MP3 player and a thumb drive. No issues with music via artist or album, the index sees the playlist but has no songs associated with them. I am using Media Monkey to index and load the music from the computer. Any...
  16. P

Just completed 2100 mile roadtrip,

Just completed a 2100 mile roadtrip (Tampa, FL to Canton, OH) after picking my Explorer up on March 4th. Here are my observations. Ride - The ride was excellent, granted 10-12 hours in a car anybody is going to get uncomfortable but overall the ride was comfortable. The head rests are about...
  17. P

Lockout on 3rd row?

From the Owner's Manual The power fold seats work only when the vehicle is in P (Park) and the tailgate is open. That should take care of the dog concern.
  18. P

Arrived in Tampa

Ordered 01/17 - picked it up Friday. Gold Leaf LTD 302, moonroof, and towing. Everything is working fine no issues with MFT or Sync, working on MP3 player to work, probably settings more then anything. Love the new Ex. Will post some pictures later.
  19. P

Just ordered my new explorer!!

Ordered my 1/17, just talked to the dealer this afternoon. My Explorer is here in Tampa waiting on a truck - will be at the dealer tomorrow.
  20. P

The "I can't wait" thread

I can't wait either - spoke to customer service today and mine is sitting at Markham Yard waiting on a train to Tampa.
  21. P

How long does it take once ordered?

I have had luck calling 1-800-392-FORD and getting information from them.
  22. P

they have built through at least VIN 25752 - Mine is built awaiting shipment.
  23. P

I ordered on 1/17 (LTD). Got my VIN from my dealer on 1/27, I called them for an update was not proactive. E-mailed Cory with VIN and Monday 1/31 he replied that it was "in production", with an estimated delivery date to dealer of 02/21. Window Sticker was available on Wed 02/02 showing...
  24. P

Concern over 1st production year of new design

Gold Leaf here as well. Similar to my current Mountaineer. Haven't seen the exact color yet.
  25. P

Build Date

How can you view stickers at Ford.com?
Back