Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Plug Melting Truck Smoking!!!!

I agree, it looks like the DRL module. That would explain the e-brake light too, since that circuit is connected to the module.
  2. K

So what exactly is a prerunner?

In marketing terms, i.e. Toyota Tacoma, it's a 2WD truck with the ride height of the 4WD model. The 2WD Ranger Edge would fall into this category.
  3. K

A/C compressor feel when turned by hand?

Thanks, that's what I thought.
  4. K

A/C compressor feel when turned by hand?

Should it turn freely, or have intermittent resistance as it turns?
  5. K

ill handling 2001 explorer sport

Don't overlook the shocks either. Worn out shocks=crappy handling.
  6. K

U-Haul Issue

If you're looking for a basic utility trailer, you can get this from Home Depot or Costco for well under $1000. Ours has paid for itself many times over, and has been pulled by two different Explorers. It's not heavy-duty, but it's a great homeowner trailer.
  7. K

$50k and never buy gas again...

From the web page FAQ's: Q: Does a 10-minute charge cause a neighborhood black out? A: The grid is quite capable of taking this load. The required power (480V 3-Phase, 500 amps) to rapid charge a Phoenix is regularly used in commercial applications. The key to enable rapid charge is both...
  8. K

Opening the rear hatch from inside.

Wow, somehow I never saw this thread last year. :confused: If you gently close the rear glass so it just rests against the weatherstripping, it will not engage the latch. This will allow you to simply push it open from inside. This may be possible with the entire hatch, though I've never...
  9. K

Trailer died

:thumbdwn: That sucks. Well, good huntin' to ya! :p:
  10. K

Dealership just called me with a list of problems

I would gladly pay $320. My dealer quoted me $486 yesterday for the same service, and the first independent shop I checked wanted even more. I did find a chain in town that says they will do all 4 for $99, but I'm sure it's one of those that will "find" other, more expensive problems in the...
  11. K

What is a decent price for a 4-wheel brake job these days?

Just pads and turning the rotors is all, the rotors themselves should be fine. $65 sounds great, though I've heard both good and bad about Sears. I got another quote today for close to $500 from a different shop. If I can't get this under $300 I'll probably go tool shopping. $300 will still...
  12. K

What is a decent price for a 4-wheel brake job these days?

The local Ford dealer quoted me $486 for basic brake service on both axles. I'm sure I can beat that at some of the better independent shops around, but I'd like to have a rough idea of what is reasonable. I don't have access to tools right now, so I'm stuck having to pay someone else. :banghead:
  13. K

2009 Mahindra Appalachian diesel pickup

The platform looks good, as do the Torque & HP numbers. Different sheet metal would make it much more attractive though. It looks like an early 'yota with a Hyundai front end. Has this passed Federal safety testing yet? That can be a big obstacle to importing vehicles. (Defender, Early...
  14. K

What changed in 1998?

'98 was the first year for 2nd gen. (de-powered) airbags, if I remember correctly. Here's a summary of changes by model year: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ford-explorer3.htm
  15. K

trailers lets see them!!!!

I don't own one, but these do look nice: http://www.airstream.com/products/2008-fleet/travel-trailers/basecamp/index.html I'll bet an Explorer could also handle the shorter versions of these if you wanted more room...
  16. K

Ford Flex Pics

:p:
  17. K

Ford Flex Pics

The Flex is meant to replace Ford's minivans, which are all out of production now. I think it would look pretty cool with whitewalls and a woody kit. Too bad it's not RWD like the Magnum.
  18. K

Do you wear a seatbelt?

I've been on very few buses of any type that had belts. School buses are statistically the safest vehicles on the road, even without them. Besides, the seats are so close together you can't move very far unless the bus rolls; in which case you're pretty much screwed. I wear my belt 99.5% of...
  19. K

2010 Pontiac "El Camino"

Yes, but then there's this: http://www.ford.com.mx/vehicles/homevehicle.asp?idModel=COU
  20. K

Adjust Idle speed 98 explorer

How's your air filter? It can cause a high idle if it's dirty or otherwise restricted.
  21. K

2010 Pontiac "El Camino"

Ford already makes stuff like this, you know. :fart: http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentServer?cid=1178840157339&pagename=FOA%2FDFYPage%2FDefault1024&c=DFYPage Nice engine in the XR8 though.
  22. K

The New 2009 Dodge Ram

Just looked at this thread again. Dodge is adding some cool options, and that interior looks like it's 1000x better quality than what they're using now. I've been really impressed with the new GM trucks, and it looks like they've raised the bar in that area. The styling is a departure from...
  23. K

Rain X Latitude Wiper Blade?

My experience exactly. I bought them on back in Janurary when I was on the return leg of a road trip and headed into some serious rain. The store didn't have my usual cheap teflon refills in stock, and these caught my eye. They are very similar to Mercedes-Benz wiper blades, which are...
  24. K

What's SVO up to now????????

Awesome. :thumbsup:
Back