Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

New Battery Time..No more Optima Red Top! Hello, O'Reilly AGM?

Well, the die hard outlived the exploder and has been starting my Land Rover with ease. It's almost at four years old and when I attempt to test it, the fancy shmancy doohickey just wants to charge the battery. Won't load test. Truck still starts fine. Can leave aux lights on for hours, use the...
  2. M

EDITED: goodbye to Ford...

I usually head up north near rhinelander, wi. Lots of places in the Nicolet forest as long as you're respectful
  3. M

K2sb, I'm a little ways north of ya in Madison. Do you know of anywhere to go wheeling?
  4. M

Thanks k2sb, I must have a thing for green 4.0's lol. It needs tires (16" rims, ex's 31's won't fit) but still is a beast off-road. Plus it fits the wife and all three kids
  5. M

My explorer's trans went out again. I lost track of how many it's been through. So I too bought a Land Rover. A 98 discovery. I'm a service advisor at a ford dealer and I gotta say it's hard putting down one of the most reliable vehicles ford has made. But cancer took over the body. So far I...
  6. M

Did not prime the torque converter... what will happen?

Priming em is a good idea. I've never had issue with gm converters going in dry but for safe measure after adding fluid you could jack up the ass end as high as you can get her and let it sit to let the fluid drain into the torque converter
  7. M

Got a new truck, now I got to fix some stuff

Sounds like you got a good deal.
  8. M

13-54 Tcase or 44-05?

You have the 4405. Swapping in a 1354 is easy as pie. Floor pan has a panel that can be swapped to have shifter come through. I left my shifter motor plugged in but zip tied to my frame so I could use the dash switch to lock/unlock the front axle. But if your current t-case is working fine and...
  9. M

4x4 not working

When you pull the shift motor off the case, try then engaging 4high while the trucks in the air just to see if the motor moves. You can also then try manual shifting the case with some pliers then spin the shafts to see if it locks in
  10. M

4x4 not working

When you say it acted like it was in auto, could you feel the front axle kick in after the rear tires broke traction?
  11. M

Proper oil for tc & differentials

Tc is Mercon v. If you've got limited slip in the rear then you need the additive. But I run 75-140 in my axles.
  12. M

Programming duplicate/extra key

Those generic keys have about a 20% chance of working. I work at a dealership and cannot tell you how many I've seen come in. hate to say but if you want another key with fob, you gotta shell out the $185ish bucks for the ford one
  13. M

Gas nozzle stuck in filler fix!

The particular station this happened at was a mobile. Although the other nozzles at the station didn't have the same end as the one that stuck. Normally the nozzles taper down at the end, this one had a sleeve over the tapered end. This caused the metal flap to catch on the lip
  14. M

Gas nozzle stuck in filler fix!

If you ever have the fuel filler nozzle get stuck in the filler neck you can get it out easily using a traditional metal frame wiper blade. There are metal strips along the wiper blade that can be removed and slid down the top of the nozzle to release the metal flap
  15. M

no crank but there is smoke!

Update. I'm pretty sure the starter solenoid had a dead short...but I've been unable to duplicate. Damn thing has been working fine.
  16. M

1998 sport 4x4

this sounds similar to what mine was doing. anytime I put a decent amount of torque to the front wheels while locked in 4hi or 4low it would chatter something fierce. turned out to be a stretched chain in the tc. easy test is to pull the rear drive shaft and lock in 4hi or 4low (not auto) and...
  17. M

yessir. power, ground, and signal. ive also been careful to only heat the starter and not cables or the solenoid
  18. M

die hard agm with way more cca's than needed. all cables to starter are now new. starter wont spin at all until heated when its cold. once heated I can pull the fuel pump relay and crank the motor over and over and over and over. (wanted to check if cranking was pulling an excessive load) is it...
  19. M

Are all rear driveshafts the same?

I do know there isn't a length difference between the v6 ohv sohc or manual trannys. so as long as wheelbase is the same between 2door or 4 door models then the shafts should fit
  20. M

except the joint in the middle of the double cardon is junk. I can get a newer shaft closer and cheaper...hopefully before my truck vibrates apart
  21. M

id like to expand this to the 2 doors. ive got a 95 but wondering if the rear shaft out of a 97-01 would work???
  22. M

ive got a 95 sport with a newish starter (4-5months old). above 0 degrees F it will crank over and run fine. if it drops below 0, however, I only hear the click of the solenoid on the starter. no crank. if I heat the starter up with a torch, it'll fire right up. last night I pulled the starter...
  23. M

4R55E: Broken hard parts?

Haha I had the same exact thing happen to my exploder. Thank god for a manual transfer case. Just popped her in neutral to roll her backwards if needed. Nursed it as such for about a month then she self destructed in a mud hole while pullin my buddies Chevy out. Coated my truck in fluid, got his...
  24. M

Explorer 1995 4R55E to 5R55E No Lockup

For anybody wondering, I put a 5r55e from a 98 ohv in my 95. Had to swap range sensor, and some solenoids but had her up n movin in less than 3 hours:)
  25. M

My Brown Wire Mod - 1995 xlt

Damn that looks nice. And definately has taken some time. My bwm switch has been repurposed for my electric cooling fan since my electric t-case has been swapped for a manual case
Back