Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Can't Fill Up Gas Tank.........

Just found this on diagnosis on vapor canister purge valve vs. vent solenoid in regards to slow fuel fill issues: Here is the test procedure you will need to do in order to isolate the problem. Most of the times there is a screen in the lower part of the neck that needs to be cleaned...
  2. M

Can not fill the fuel tank

Here is the test procedure you will need to do in order to isolate the problem. Most of the times there is a screen in the lower part of the neck that needs to be cleaned. Disconnect evaporative canister located in rear of vehicle above spare tire. If you can now fill fuel tank, fault...
  3. M

Where is the canister purge valve

The purge valve is located under the spare tire. Also, You may be able to clean it instead of buying a new one. Here is a link: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308628
  4. M

Can't Fill Up Gas Tank.........

The part that can go bad is the evap canister purge valve. He probably could have cleaned it instead of replacing. They get filled up with silt. This is why vehicles in the desert like the post about have this happen often. Here is a link about cleaning...
  5. M

Question about running board hardware for '02 XLT

I removed my 02 explorer xlt's running boards to repair the rocker panels and pieces 7, 8, and 9 are, not needed on mine. Mine bolt to the outer rocker panel and to the underside of the vehicle.
  6. M

Help! Need inner tie rod tool!

inner tie rod removal tool I ran into the same problem with my early build 02 explorer xlt. Harbor freight model 96558 sells one for around $50 and lisle model 45750 for around $90 both work for inner tie rods with inaccessible wrench flats. The lisle works out of the box but I opted to buy...
  7. M

How to remove & replace roof rack?

roof rack removal water leakage I was curious to know if I remove my roof rack from my 02 xlt, will water be able to leak inside the cabin due to the removal of the roof rack end caps? Thanks!
  8. M

what type of powersteering fluid to use

power steering fluid type and compatibility I want to replace the power steering fluid in my 02 explorer. I bought this vehicle used so I don't know what was previously used but my book calls for Mercon ATF. If Mercon ATF is replaced by Mercon V, and that Mercon and Mercon V are not to be...
  9. M

Heat won't stop!

Mikehena. Your problem sounds like it is one of several vacuum mode actuators. The one your talking about is not located behind the glovebox as the one on the left behind the glovebox is for the panel/vent and on the rear right for the fresh air/recirc door. The vacuum actuator that controls...
  10. M

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

please disregard my last post to this. The above actuator is for the cold/hot blend mix and not the modes like defrost, vent, and floor. Can anyone tell me why my 02 xlt when in either floor or defrost thay are always mixed? I checked the two vacuum actuators and both apear to be working. Thanks
  11. M

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

Fantastic write up! I would like to mention that there are three actuators in 3rd gen explorers so it is important to try and troubleshoot to make sure this is the part you need to replace, some vacuum and some electric. I had to replace the part listed above because my defrost and floor vents...
Back