Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Coils for 99 sas swap

For what application.
  2. W

Coils for 99 sas swap

Hey guys. I'm changing from leaf springs to James duff extended ra arms don't know what coils to run. I want smooth on road as its my daily but also want stiff enough to handle the beach and jumping. Any ideas.
  3. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

Rear springs are way longer. Rustys are smooth on front. I've put 45xxx miles on it all together
  4. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

Anyone got ideas on how to truss a d44? My rear end broke in half and front is bent. Got a 10.25 being built for rear which will solve that problem but still need to come up with how to truss front end. Guess the 8.8 dont like jumping doubles. Beer + motocross track went real well for a...
  5. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

Thank you. Its my daily. I have a 04 is300 sport design but work for a logging company and can't get it back the trails. So far I'm happy
  6. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

A little update. Now running 4in super lift rear springs and 4 in rusty fronts. Body lift gone and 33/14/16.5 boggers on 16.5/14 Bart wheels. Got t case in 1354 manual bit cannot find a shifter. Running fabtec 2.25 dirt logic resivor shocks ummmm and a few other things. Anyone with a shifter...
  7. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

A little update. Now running 4in super lift rear springs and 4 in rusty fronts. Body lift gone and 33/14/16.5 boggers on 16.5/14 Bart wheels. Got t case in 1354 manual bit cannot find a shifter. Running fabtec 2.25 dirt logic resivor shocks ummmm and a few other things. Anyone with a shifter...
  8. W

Please help bw1354 manual shifter assembly needed

Hey guys. Does anyone have a bw 1354 manual shifter assembly. I have case in now need shifter. Will pay for shifter and shipping. Have paypal. Thanks. Please help snow is cominv and 2wd ain't gonna cut it.
  9. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

Ya the rear is all stock springs. Front crossmember is made with hitch like stated. I am using 7 spring packs up front also. Ill get some updated pics its 5in lower and on 33x15.50s on 15x12s. Pretty sick now
  10. W

Auto to manual t case 99 eb

Ok so i did a sas begining of the yr. it is all good other than front d shaft. i want a bolt up manual t case. i have a 99 eb 4.0 sohc auto with the auto 4wd deal. i do not want a full time case or electric. please guys ive been serching but unable to find exactly what i need. i belive a...
  11. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

It is doing fine. I have to put bump stops in up front and a driveshaft still. Other than that I got about 4500 on swap and its doing great
  12. W

manual t case swap in 99 eb x

Thanks. If anyone has some detailed pics of there shifter install in a eddie baurer with center console please post them. Thanks.
  13. W

Thanks for the great info. Only other question is what did those cases come in so I know where to find one.
  14. W

Thank you. How hard is the shifter to rig up bud?
  15. W

Hey folks. I've done some reading here but yet to find the info im after. I have a 99 x 4.0 sohc with the auto t case. Its like on command 4wd deal. I did a sas recently and need to be able to install a front drive shaft and can't on the existing yoke. Can someone please point me in the...
  16. W

D44 swaying issue

Youre majority of the problems are this. 1. You need to report youre castor angle 2. Trac bar is as backwards as possiable. 3. you have no sway bar. Yes its possiable to run one. I have one on mine. it stopped the side to side swaying. I used stock bar in stock location with JKS jeep...
  17. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

to answer a few questions. I do have complete high steer now. 2 REID knuckles and sky manf arms. I no longer have the himes. I am using 1 ton chevy tres. I have a 99 2wd superduty pitman arm 8in long for full steering and better ratio. I also am in the proscess of making a removable...
  18. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

They are 5in hole to hole bud. It really surprised me with the flex. Im doing anti wrap bars this weekend.
  19. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

Yep
  20. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

Ya the 15s just wont cutting it for me no more. I love the 18s. Wish id of went 20s tho. But they may of looked too big.
  21. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

Thanks. And chad thanks alot for some ideas.
  22. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

There's no need to feel they weigh a ton lol. They do! Mine are load rrange e due to that's all they make for a 18. They have to be close to 200 for a tire and wheel combo. Im looking for a set of 35x14.50x15 tsl boggers on a 15x14 wheel to run also.
  23. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

love them. They aint even got a weight on em and no shake. ive owned 3 sets so i swear by them. they pull super hard in mud long as you keep em cleaned out. i got them mainly because i bought them new for 800 bucks.
  24. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

35x12.50x18 on a 18x9 kmc monster wheel. Thanks for comments
  25. W

99 EB x SAS D44.

Hey all. this is my x that i recently about got finished up. Took 2 months working on it every other sat. I still waiting for my sway bar endlinks, hi steer arm, and tre,s to come in to re do steering. But i will include pics as well as info. Front end 78 F250 HPd44 stock shafts for now...
Back