Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Which buttons light up?

My XLT no longer has a functioning MyTemp indicator light. I believe this happened with the MFT update. Can anyone else confirm they lost that functionality?
  2. J

Which buttons light up?

Since I got the MFT update, I have not seen the MyTemp light. I was about ready to ask if this light was somehow disconnected with the update. I'll check with the headlights on before I go further.
  3. J

Terrain Management / AdvanceTrac System Errors

I've seen this fault at least 10 times since April. Every time it occurred, I cleared it by shutting off the vehicle, pulling the key, opening and closing the door (just to make sure). With all of these faults, I was very quick to move from inserting the key to starting the engine (no...
  4. J

Ford has released tsb for squeaking brakes!!!!

Maybe the dealer needs to hold the car outside, in the rain, overnight before checking it out. I usually can tell it's going to happen after a period of rain or fog and the vehicle sits long enough for a thin film of rust to form on the rotors. If I see the rust, the first brake cycle done...
  5. J

Ford Explorer Cross Bars / Roof Rack

Just to rule things out, you might try moving your box back as far as it will go without interfering with the rear door, even if it means flexing the antenna. It will flex down, or you could probably unscrew it for a test drive.
  6. J

I have a 14 cu ft. Thule box and found that if it was mounted too far forward, the box would rock violently up and down creating quite a noise in the cabin. It was most obvious with an empty box. The cross bars were tight, but it seemed that the upward force of the air coming off of the...
  7. J

head lights

I'd watch adjusting up if you plan to load up the vehicle, even without towing. Moving my daughter to college with a full XLT / Tow Pkg but nothing on the hitch, I was repeatedly flashed for lights in oncoming drivers eyes. Yes it was a packed vehicle, but the angle change was more than I...
  8. J

Sounds easy enough, but when I tried to remove cross-bars, it was impossible to remove the front one. It was too wide to move to within a foot of the back end of the side rails. Any one else have this issue and know what might be wrong?
  9. J

Front Bumper Fit Issue

Good point chimoman. I second your advice. I should have put out the discaimer. Guess I should've PM'ed Cory instead, as this is a suggestion for the assembly/repair process, not for owners. Just thought some would be interested, that a procedural change (inexpensive) could fix an otherwise...
  10. J

Front Bumper Fit Issue

I fixed mine about amost 2 months ago, and it has not popped back out in 4,000 miles of driving (some on rutted gravel mountain roads). 1. Pull the bumper piece from the point just below the headlight away from the joint until 2 or 3 additional tabs release (open up the joint). There's a lot...
  11. J

Bumper Damage - self inflicted

Definitely try a heat gun, but don't over do it. Worked for me on a Honda Pilot bumper (deer hit) that had a crease I thought would never come out.
  12. J

How do I recalibrate the GPS?

OK, I thought that Magellan and Tom Tom also use the Telenav data. Is that correct? Any time I have someone pick me up using a Magellan or Tom Tom, they can not find my house because the numbering system for the street is reverse order. That is, actual house numbers from low to high begin on...
  13. J

Does Sirius Travel Link Work For You?

Cory, For some reason, after burning an hours worth of cellphone minutes with a real Sirius rep, I finally got the updates indicated by the hourglass on each and every travel link subscription. This was only after the repr. actually deactivated my account, then re-activated. Functionality was...
  14. J

Elevated Customer Service is useless

I also have the brake noise. Sounds pretty bad when rolling to a slow stop.
  15. J

Does Sirius Travel Link Work For You?

Maybe Sirius thinks I moved to Canada! The last 2 1/2 weeks, I have no traffic and no weather. 3 calls to Sirius and all they can do is send a signal (which gives no response on my unit). I get radio signal, Nav tracks me (though the GPS is lost a lot). Could I have a bad antenna?
  16. J

Video proof that your Nav and MFT actually work?

My timing is close to JDraper's. My problems the last 2 days are that traffic and weather don't appear. Just a blank weather map (no message at all). Traffic arrows don't appear.
  17. J

Video proof that your Nav and MFT actually work?

What do you mean by fully working system? Just the NAV?
  18. J

Internet connectivity lacking

The concept of having Sirius providing content sounds good. But weather (radar) is not real time, so it does not follow the vehicle like it apparently does in with other vehicles. Does that mean Ford gave us a cheap Sirius option with content restricted? Is this a Ford versus Lincoln...
  19. J

Sirius Travel Link

Sirius weather does not follow your car with this system. I'm really disappointed in this. The past two days, both the traffic and weather information is missing (June 9 and June 10). If this is the best they can do, I'm cancelling soon. Can anyone verify that this service is ready for...
  20. J

Premium Audio Volume not linear

My volume control is not right either. 1. I originally tried to adjust volume though the setup screen. I'm not quite sure if it was just the MFT/Sync voice or what it was. Either way, when you move the position of the volume setting to quieter or louder, the voice says quieter or louder...
  21. J

Tin Roof Rain noise.

Yes, but has it stopped snowing yet? It's only June :D
  22. J

Slight Problem with Tailgate Not Closing Completely

This happened to me within the first week of ownership, and then again after 2 months. Not sure why I got the message, since it looked closed. Same issue as the OP.
  23. J

I can't smell anything :(

First of all, the new car or leather smell is probably perfume anyway. You can buy "new car" smell on line. Secondly, the Zaino product is not a cream and you should have no build-up. It's a clear, colorless spray. I also recommend the Zaino leather cleaner, to use before you put on the...
  24. J

How do I delete radio stations?

Oh no ... outed! Well, I do listen to AM every once in a while :p: I gotta say, I'm pretty technically savvy, but it took a while to catch on to the fact that touching the MFT ( or hazard lights, or CD eject ) responds to the presence of your finger more than how hard you push that area.
Back