Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

K & N Air Filter Wrap

Does anyone know which K&N Drycharger Wrap is meant to go on EE's Mac Air intake system filter? Or even if one is made for it. I have not found any of the wraps meant for the tapered oval style filter. Does anyone have one or know which one fits the best? Thanks.
  2. A

ac quit, 99 explorer 5.0

It sounds like it may be the pressure switch. I had one go bad on a GMC truck, and same thing, no air. I took and jumpered the switch and it worked fine. That is how I knew it was the pressure switch. I think it is on the high pressure side and will have a 2 pronged electrical connection...
  3. A

Factory Options

How would you know if it came with the towing package? It has a hidden hitch, but factory wiring harness.(At least it appears so) Would there be an option code on a sticker somewhere?
  4. A

Factory Options

I'm trying to figure out if my truck was supposed to come with a LS rear axle. I thought it was standard in 99 on V8 Limited AWD's. But I recently found out that my truck does not have one, and I think it was supposed to. Does anyone have any information stating whether it should or should...
  5. A

Limited Slip Axle

I believe that is only true for a spool, not a LS.
  6. A

Limited Slip Axle

How can you tell if your limited slip axle is working properly on an AWD? I was checking the rear brakes yesterday and with both rear tires off the ground, they spun with little to no effort. I thought that they should be very difficult to turn, since you would have to slip the friction discs...
  7. A

Could I tow a trailer with a mustang on it?

I put the Load Rite air leveling suspension on my Ex. Love it :D . It did not change the factory ride at all, but when you are hauling, just air it up till it sits level. I have the on-board compressor to, so you never have to worry about having an air compressor around. And wiring it up for...
  8. A

Opinions on electronic Transmission controller.

Thanks for the information. Appreciate the help. Could you provide a link or tell me where I can order the Baumann? Do you know how much they cost?
  9. A

So which would you recommend, the Baumann or the B & M? My mods are just an intake and exhaust. An Apten chip is in the near future. I want to do something because it is just to sloppy. I now have 25,000 miles and am going to service the transmission, so if the Baumann is the better choice...
  10. A

Will the electronic controller damage your transmission or shorten its life? Why would someone want to open up the tranny and do valve body work, etc. if you could just plug and play with an electronic controller? I'm wondering the pro's and con's of each method. Thanks.
  11. A

turnin off the door chime

I got an idea for you to try. Working from the idea 'boominXplorer' used. The door switch probably works by either grounding or un-grounding the circuit. So pull the door switch and either run a wire to permenantly ground the circuit or cut a wire to open the circuit. I have not messed with...
  12. A

Exhaust Headers

Well I'm sorry to say I can't get any of the headers. He said he would ship them out on Monday, but somebody went in and bought every set he had. Including what I had ordered. That SOB. So count me in on those headers 'blk mk8'. When do you think you will get started on that project?
  13. A

Exhaust Headers

2 Orders so far. I have them coming. One ceramic and one uncoated set. I believe your right about the pricing because I tried to get them for cheaper, but he would not budge. I guess he knows they are near impossible to find. Supply and Demand!!! I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks.
  14. A

cleaning tires

If you want really white walls or letters, Use Westly's Bleach White and a wire brush. Works wonders and is quick and easy!!!
  15. A

Using a clay bar?

Try using glass cleaner - like windex or something. Works great!!! And make sure you are not in the sun and that the body panels are cool. If they are hot from driving or being in the sun, whatever you spray on it will evaporate quickly.
  16. A

Exhaust Headers

For anyone interested, please let me know by Thursday so that I can get them coming. Thanks. AndyRiem@TotalIndustries.com
  17. A

Exhaust Headers

Okay, here is the deal. He says he has quite a few, but it is on a first come/first serve basis. These are Ford 1 1/2" Shorty Headers - Stainless Steel. Also available with Ceramic Coating. These are meant for a 96' and I personally do not know that they fit. I'm going on 'james t'...
  18. A

Exhaust Headers

Cobra XP I am waiting to hear back from him and will definitely let you know. I can't believe how hard it was to find these. If this guy has several sets, Is anyone else interested?
  19. A

Exhaust Headers

Does anyone know for sure if the exhaust headers from a 96' 5.0L will fit a 99' 5.0L. I may have found a supply of stainless Ford Racing 1 1/2" shorty headers in both un-coated and ceramic coated. But it says it is for 96' Explorers. Looking for some clarification. Thanks Andy
  20. A

TO DRIVE OR TO OVERDRIVE...THAT IS THE QUESTION

Overdrive definetly helps on fuel economy by lowering engine RPM's. However, you do not want it to be going in and out of overdrive(searching) as this will damage your tranny. Vehicle speed, hills, throttle position and towing all are factors of whether or not your transmission will shift into...
  21. A

Quick exhaust question

Another thing to think about - Are they going to mandrel bend the pipe? If not, that 2 1/4 will be more like 2 where they bend it. Which would make me lean more towards the 2 1/2 which would flow like the 2 1/4 from all of the bends they will put in it going over the axle. Just my 2 cents.
  22. A

Exhaust fitment '99 to '96 V8

That one X-Spec system John spoke of is now gone. I ordered it yesterday. Thanks John. First time dealing with you folks and was very impressed. I'll let everyone know how it works. First time on this forum and it is full of great info. Thanks to everyone here. Andy
Back