Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Livernois tune experience

So my particular 15MY Sport has the updated/correct tune in it, correct?
  2. J

You guys (Livernois) actually installed the tune on my 15MY when you installed my cat back exhaust. This was around January 2015 (give or take a month).
  3. J

I traded in my 13MY Sport for a 15MY Sport. Are the Livernois tunes different between the model years? I just want to be sure I have the latest and greatest.
  4. J

Livernois Tune

I bought both my 2013 (which I just traded in) and my 2015. I didn't have any issues and I'm sure if it was leased there also wouldn't be any.....as long as the PCM were set back to stock. As far a MPG goes, it all depends on how heavy your right foot is. I'm sure I'm getting slightly worse...
  5. J

Livernois Tune

Just throwing in my two cents.....traded in my 2013 Sport for a 2015 Sport (got a good deal)....then put back in the Livernois 93 V3 Tune, 3-bar, Thermostat, and my CAI from K&N. I also had Livernois add the cat back exhaust. Expensive? Yes. Does it sound like a V8? No way. But.....the...
  6. J

HID/LED Headlamps and/or Fog Lamps - GO LIONS!!

Hello All Explorer Forum Members!!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will also have an outstanding 2015!! After playing around a lot with my 2013 Explorer Sport, I traded it in on a new 2015 Explorer Sport. Since I got it for essentially the same price per month, it was hard to turn...
  7. J

Just got Livernois tune in mail....

Schickel1......did you by any chance install a new MAP 3-bar sensor? If so, make sure you installed it in the right spot. There is a spot on the air intake that looks exactly the same.......don't install it there!! Take off the engine cover and you'll see the spot where it actually goes. I'm...
  8. J

Explorer Down Pipes and Corsa Exhaust Exclusively from Livernois Motorsports

OK.....so if I get this cat back system, and am not running the meth injection, I will still see the power increases? Will I need to be running the 'developmental race tune' in order to realize the performance? I'd like to drop my truck off to you guys tomorrow if I can actually get as much HP...
  9. J

Explorer Down Pipes and Corsa Exhaust Exclusively from Livernois Motorsports

Given that I'm running the tune a step down from XV1, and knowing the limitations of the factory fuel delivery/turbos/whatever else, will I still see a performance increase with the cat back exhaust?
  10. J

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Turns out I installed the new 3bar sensor in the wrong location, thus causing my Exploder to go into limp mode when installing the updated tune. The location that can be seen without taking the engine cover off is the WRONG place.....even though it fits. Once I talked to Anthony at Livernois...
  11. J

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Anthony/Livernois......hoping to hear back from you soon regarding the issues I'm having with my 3bar tune. Thanks.
  12. J

Livernois guys......I'm trying to be patient given the previous great work you all have done to make our Sports be more of what they should have been in the first place from the factory. This whole 'XV1' thing is really starting to upset me. It was released and ready to go months ago, but to...
  13. J

Will the tune using the 3bar give better overall performance? I don't mind 'keeping' the sensor I bought from you, but want to make sure I'm just not doing something to do it. Can you send me this 3bar tune using my strategy?
  14. J

Livernois.....are you saying that you are creating tunes that will utilize the 3 bar sensors? I hate to even throw this question out there.....but when will these tunes be available?
  15. J

'Need to be needed'........jeez. Definitely not an English major.
  16. J

I completely agree with your rationale about not releasing the tune until it's proven 'safe'. However, when it was announced on this forum several months back that the tune was complete, the only additional parts that were needed were said to be the 3bar MAP sensor. I came to your facility in...
  17. J

Can we get an honest update on the status of the XV1 tune? I purchased the 3bar sensor 2 months ago with the understanding that the new tune 'was almost ready'.
  18. J

Anthony/Livernois......are you any closer to releasing the XV1 tune yet? Sure would be a nice after Christmas present to get it!!!!
  19. J

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

Livernois.....I sent you a PM also requesting the updated tune for the stutter. Anxiously waiting for a revision.
  20. J

Anyone have Livernois problems yet?

I'm starting to see the same thing (hard stutter at 4-5K RPM)....seems worse now that it's getting cold.
  21. J

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

The boys at Livernois will have my Exploder on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I'll let you all know what I think.......
  22. J

What can I do with it now? (Lund Racing Tuner)

Hey 1/4mile.....here is a quote from you..."I have a hard time using a dumbed down device that offers no features likes dataloging for 600 dollars...IMHO the sct device hands down is a better option".
  23. J

What can I do with it now? (Lund Racing Tuner)

All.....if you don't want the 'dumbed down' tunes from Livernois and/or Lund, there is a simple solution.....DON'T BUY IT. For me, spending the money for the greatly improved performance is worth the money given I drive this thing 2 hours a day or more. Both companies clearly state that this...
Back