Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

no treble control on sync 3 sound setting menue

Wow ,no one has noticed this being an issue with their explorers ? Would like some feedback please. I dont know if i have a problem or not with my vehicle or if my hearing is going bad and needs to be tested.
  2. R

no treble control on sync 3 sound setting menue

I have a new 2017 ford explorer Limited with the standard 12 speaker Sony sound system. The sound setting menu have slider controls for treble,midrange and bass control. The treble slider min and max setting does not change the high frequency sound of the tweeters. Does not matter what sound...
  3. R

saving navigation favorites with sync 3.6

I have downloaded sync 3.6 to my usb flash drive but have not installed it in my car yet. The instructions say to NOTE ANY SAVED NAVIGATION POINTS BEFORE INSTALLING. What does this mean? I have several saved navigation points and thought the new 3.6 version automatically saves them when...
  4. R

traffic and road work info on navigation system

Looked at coverage area, not very usefull if your interstate traveling is away from major cities. I was in downtown chicago yesterday with a route programmed into the nav system and there were 2 consecutive major north south streets under construction with detour signs on the streets. Nothing...
  5. R

traffic and road work info on navigation system

I have a 2011 explorer with navigation and the latest mft update installed . I am a subscriber to sirius traffic link. I recieve weather info and the weather map ok but have never recieved traffic and road construction info on my navigation map. I have all the road construction and detours etc...
  6. R

navigation system question

I have a 2011 explorer limited with navigation. I understand that the turn by turn directions and the map feature is the default setting if you have navigation in your car. If you loose satelite signal your turn by turn directions and map data are gone. If you are driving and this happens can...
  7. R

POI problem with Explorer's navigation system

Thanks Rebbeca, The main menue command works and gets me out of the P.O.I screen without manually having to to touch one of the 4 quadrants.
  8. R

Sync turn by turn Navigation or SD Navigation with MFT?

I thought that when you download a map for directions from map quest or google it was forwarded to the navigation system in the car not to sync. I have done this but do not remember any prompt as to where the driving directions went to ,navigation or sync. Are you sure you need to pull the...
  9. R

Sync turn by turn Navigation or SD Navigation with MFT?

With the sync navigation system dont you lose your turn by turn directions if you are out of cell phone coverage? If it drops out due to weak signal does it pick back up and restore the route when cell coverage returns? Which is more stable satelite or cell hone based nav system like sync?
  10. R

POI problem with Explorer's navigation system

I have the latest sync update installed in my explorer. When i access the POI menue in navigation it will not let me verbally cancel and go to another screen like climate ,phone or audio. If i am searching for a POI and decide to cancel my search by saying cancel the system refuses to accept any...
  11. R

Trying to figure out which way to go - HID's???

I dont but other people on this forum have posted pictures of there retrofit from halogen to hid bulbs with the standard explorer projector housing.
  12. R

Trying to figure out which way to go - HID's???

I have a 2011 explorer limited with factory halogens that i replaced with a V-Leds 35 watt HID 5000k plug and play kit that works beautifully as an upgrade. Easy installation, $50 dollars. Light pattern is exactly the same as the halogen bulbs only whiter and briighter . This is a no brainer for...
  13. R

My 2 cent fix

My hinged hardcover eyeglass case looks just like those photos that are posted. You dont need to over engineer it by purchasing a seperate case and hinge unless you want to make it more time consuming than it needs to be.
  14. R

My 2 cent fix

Do it this way and it looks like the switch cover was factory installed installed. Use a hard case eyeglass or sunglass case in what ever color your interior is. The case has a hinge already built into it that you can mount to the bezel on the switches. You just have to cut off the back side...
  15. R

Navigation Questions

I made sure that all the nav settings were not programed to avoid major highways, tolls,etc. Did not mater still wants to take me on secondary roads.
  16. R

Navigation Questions

Imputing a destination from mapquest or manually doing it yourself is pretty frustrating on this navigation system. First off any destination you choose from mapquest and downloaded to the nav system is modified by the nav system. When the map is downloaded to the car a message comes up on the 8...
  17. R

re-loading sync 2.11

I loaded sync 2.11 onto my explorer a couple of months ago using a usb thumb drive. I had previously had 2.8 version installed . I have had more problems with MFT with the 2.11 version and was wondreing if i can re-install the 2.11using the same thumb drive that i originally installed it with...
  18. R

Halogen to HID/HIR Headlight Upgrade

The metal strip inside the bulb is the igniter bar, it should be facing down .
  19. R

Rear Climate Control

I have a 2011 limited and the rear climate always works with the controls on the 8 inch MFT screen. Raise,lower temp,adjust fan speed etc. I have never tried adjusting the controls located at the second row seat, i dont even know where they are located. My dog is the only one who ever rides in...
  20. R

New MFT on its way!!! (and headed to existing models too)

I noticed in all the pictures of the new 8 inch screen layout that the outdoor temperature is missing from the display. It is usually along side the menu and clock readout at the top middle part of the screen ?
  21. R

New MFT on its way!!! (and headed to existing models too)

How can you change the performance of the vav system without changing or upgrading the nav sd card ?
  22. R

fog lamps

The problem with the fog lamps is that they are aimed too low at the factory. The light output is on the road right in front of the bumper. The fog lamps aiming is adjustable very easily. The adjustment is on the side of the lamp plug in socket. It is a thumbwheel that is easily adjusted with...
  23. R

sync 2.11 not the answer

Does pulling fuse #29 reset all MFT presets to there default positions or does it save the presets that you have programmed the system ?
  24. R

sync 2.11 not the answer

I have a 2011 EX limited with navigation with sync 2.8 installed. I have had the Ex since january and have had very little trouble with the operation of the system. Not a single reboot or any bugs other than slow responce from the system. It has been a very stable system untill i installed the...
  25. R

test results of v-leds plug and play HID kit

I thought about raising the cutoff point of the lamps to get more distance with the low beams but i am afraid besides possibly blinding oncoming traffic that when switching to high beams that most of the light will be aimed to high to be very usefull. I have a 2004 ford explorer that has an...
Back