Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Need a Replacement Key Remote

Thanks. I'll check 'em out.
  2. G

Need a Replacement Key Remote

One of the remote keys for my 2011 has gotten lost. I know its going to be expensive to replace. Before I go to the dealer and order another one, I thought I'd ask here just in case there is a better online alternative or something. Thanks!
  3. G

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Yes, I am now able to download the zip file successfully and extract the files to a flash drive. For those interested, I did this using Firefox. No IE required! :D Thanks Rebecca!
  4. G

Couldn't agree more about IE. FF is my primnary browser, but I use IE on those rare occasions where some idiot website has used IE specific code. Its not where the downloads go or spyware that I am concerned about. Its also about where temp files, cache files, etc that the program itself...
  5. G

Thanks, I but I don't care for Chrome. I don't like how Google software insists on taking over your computer, offering you no flexibility in how you manage files.
  6. G

Can't download the file. When I get to Step two and hit OK, Firefox crashes to Desktop. IE crashes as well. Anyone else experience this?
  7. G

Goodbye MFT

Um, not to be a smart-a** or anything, but you do know there are some physical buttons on the steering wheel you can use for volume control and other things, right? These are much easier (and safer!) to use while driving to control basic functions versus trying to mess with the center console or...
  8. G

How are we supposed to know?

Dealers will generally have them. Just check with them before you leave your car with them.
  9. G

Key FOB cover

Just heard back from the vendor via email. A black cover coming in "3 to 4 weeks".
  10. G

Key FOB cover

Sorry bringing this thread back from the dead but I have a small bit of new information. I, too, am looking for a key fob cover for my smart key and have discovered a custom one on ebay. Only one small problem, it only comes in pink! I have emailed the guy and asked if any other colors are...
  11. G

USB Music Sorting

Not quite sure what you are asking, but you can navigate to folders and subfolders and then play the songs contained in them. UI is rather clunky and slow and voice commands do not work for subfolders, only folders that are contained in the USB's root folder.
  12. G

What have you added to your 2011 Ford Explorer since you picked it up?

OEM rear bumper protector OEM mud flaps Weathertech Mats Nu Shield MFT screen protector Shark Fin antenna
  13. G

Mud flaps

Got it, thanks! I thought it might be a camera angle issue. To the OP, the flaps are totally worth it. I was having to constantly clean road grime off my old X and it's great how the flaps are protecting my new one.
  14. G

Mud flaps

It looks like the front tire is wider than the flaps and you are still getting some spray. Is that the case or is it just a trick of the camera angle? The factory flaps on my X do cover both front and rear tires, but I am running the Hankooks.
  15. G

My Ford Touch - Rebuild PDF- Very detailed

Great news even though my experience with MFT hasn't been all that bad, most of my issues being in the annoyance category. The area that I really want to see improved is the UI, especially for Nav and music playback. While my GPS system performs near flawlessly once it is set, setting it up...
  16. G

2011 Explorer and Yosemite National Park - There and Back Again

Thanks George! Yosemite is my favorite National Park. Checked out your photos. Beautiful!
  17. G

2011 Explorer and Yosemite National Park - There and Back Again

Brought my 2011 Explorer to Yosemite National Park and thought I’d relate my experiences. Bottom line: my Ex performed extremely well in all areas, including MFT. I am very pleased. The trip was with 3 adults and a young child. We had quite a bit of stuff and sticking it all in the...
  18. G

Programming smart keys?

True, I forgot about being able to program the IA key. However, the car still does not "know" which driver is unlocking the car (for purposes of moving the seat) unless you physically press the unlock button on the IA key (and have programmed the key fob beforehand). Unlocking the door by...
  19. G

Programming smart keys?

It doesn't. You have to press the memory buttons on the door to get the seat to the position you want. The only exception to this is using the door pillar keypad. If you have the seats #1 and #2 position's set and you program two codes into the keypad, the first code will correspond to the...
  20. G

phone sync

Well, I, for one, have experienced zero problems with my Droid phone. It was synched up at the dealer the day I picked up my Ex and it has worked every day ever since. FWIW, I don't use my phone to play music and I haven't tried texting. I have just used it as a phone and it has worked perfectly.
  21. G

MFT Killed Fords Quality... Ford ranks #23 in JD Powers

Absolutely agree with you. Just got back from a long road trip with my Ex and I am totally ecstatic about it's performance. Both the vehicle in general and MFT in particular. No, there is nothing wrong if your preference is less tech and a simpler interface. But equally there is nothing...
  22. G

Entertainment Hard Drive?

I am sure Ford is more likely using flash memory. Given the harsh environments people subject their cars to, I can easily see flash memory being the future of in-car storage.
  23. G

Does your front lower valance have rivets or not?

I've got them. 4/30 build. They don't bother me at all, not that they are even that noticeable in the first place. Maybe the fact that the valence is black and they did a good job of making them look nice and even helps, but they do not look out of place at all.
Back