Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Head Gasket Project gone wrong

I pulled an engine from a junk yard for 300 dollars, just make sure find one that was involve in an accident, thats a guarantee it was working before it got totaled, that would save you money,
  2. W

Head Gasket Project gone wrong

I did a head gasket myself, 2003 explorer, but boy, that kit will save you a lot of time all I can suggest is get a used engine, ill bet youll do good the second time around
  3. W

rear wheel bearing replacement 2005 explorer

I pulled the knuckles out of a 2005 ford explorer xlt 4.0 v6 and tried to spin it I felt some drag, hard to spin and sound like a rough sand paper sound, so I got a new bearing had the bearings pressed and the shop f..cked up my knuckles, as they the bearing broke the lip of the other side, well...
  4. W

How to: 2002 Explorer rear wheel bearing replacement (pictures)

how did you remove the parking brakes?
  5. W

2005 explorer no start but cranks

found the problem,it was the crank position sensor, as soon as i removed it break into pieces, a new one and the truck start up, thanks for all the help highly appreciated!!
  6. W

yes i hear it run, the only thing i dont understand is when i spray starting fluid it starts, could there be any chance a big blockage of dirt is clogging up the fuel line before the fuel filter? the thing is it doesnt have a shraeder valve to check fuel pressure, i hope someone could chime in...
  7. W

it has 3 quarter of a gas right now, twice when it got towed, when it was in the driveway it started like nothing happened, now it wont start anymore i just got the battery check and charge at advance auto parts close to my house, what are the chances it might be the computer?
  8. W

this one dont have a shraeder valve on the fuel rail..
  9. W

i just need help guys, is there a way to tell if the fuel pump module for a 2005 explorer xlt 4.0 sohc v6 is bad? i replaced the inertia switch, the fuel filter, the gas cap and the fuel pump.. just need help please.. also the messages on the dash says low oil pressure, low tire pressure, check...
  10. W

How to: How I solved the stuck fuel gauge on my 05 Explorer

at shawn, i just want to ask where did you start the pilot hole for your jigsaw?
  11. W

fuel inertia switch

Hello, Just need some clarification, im just baffled, I am trying to see if the inertia switch works for my 2005 explorer v6, I tried to pressed it down, but it doesnt go down, it just springs back to its position, I tried this on my 2003 explorer v6and it did the same, should i feel it...
  12. W

engine dies when idling, need advice

you might have a misfire or a vacuum leak, do you have a check engine light?
  13. W

Overheating 4.6L V8-Suggestions?

does it overheat when youre running or when youre at a stop?
  14. W

Overheating 4.6L V8-Suggestions?

when is the last time you check the water pump? I got that boiling thing in my ford ranger and pulled the water pump, the impeller is almost gone, it rusted out due to age, it could also be your thermostat stuck closed, but im betting on the water pump
  15. W

Fuel filler neck 2005 ford explorer

Thank you exproblems, hopefully someone could chip in with my no start problem, just an update, the truck starts again, weird, any help would be appreciated
  16. W

anyone else have experience a no start with crank like this?
  17. W

I am trying to diagnose my dads 2005 ford explorer v6 k flex 4.0 sohc no start condition, it cranks and trying to start but could not go through, i tried to spray starter fluid no luck, and ive been pressing the fuel switch in the passenger side still not starting i cleaned all connections with...
  18. W

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

any tips how to get it out, what size of fuel disconnect you guys use for the line? mine is a 2003 ford explorer 4.0 v6 xls its has 3 ports
  19. W

Need suggestions on rattling noise

check your belt tensioner, just replaced mine
  20. W

key stuck could not remove from key hole

DAT05EXPLODER, yes I am looking to replace that blue piece, its annoying to press that just to remove the key
  21. W

let me know if you are able to remove it and let me know how much thank you
  22. W

DAT05EXPLODER, thanks for the pick, you happen to sell that part and the boot? i see youre parting out an explorer let me know please
  23. W

I happen to remove the boot out of the shifter and found this switch hanging, I thought of pressing it and I was able to remove the key with no problem, you guys possible to upload an image of yours of how it is mounted? it appears mounted but I dont know where and the tabs are broken
  24. W

Ford explorer 2003 4.0 v6 SOHC, need help, ive been searching the forums and the web but could not find a solution, i could not remove the keys, what i tried already is check the brake lights thought it was a brake light switch problem, turn the wheel to lock but its not locking and still...
  25. W

need help to id this hose please

just wonderin if you could help id this part please thank you FORD EXPLORER 2003 V6 SOHC 4.0 is the vehicle thank you
Back