Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 8

Holley terminator x + stock ecu

It’s going to throw some codes by just unplugging things, even without the engine running. Once you power up the pcm and it doesn’t see certain sensors responding, it’s going to set multiple circuit codes. But it shouldn’t matter, since it’s not controlling the engine. You only need it for the...
  2. 8

Are you able to run some simple inputs to the pcm at least. Can you tee into the signals for at least the crank position, CHT, and TP? I think if the pcm at least saw rpm and load and engine temp, you could retain A/C, and the pressure sensors of course. Do you EATC or manual climate control? 02...
  3. 8

What else are you wanting it to run? If you take the engine and trans control away from the stock pcm, you might as well just remove it. You wouldn’t want PATS as that point. The stock cluster won’t work anymore, but I imagine you are using a Holley digital dash. Anything else that needs power...
  4. 8

Yet another ‘04 4.0 to 4.6 Swap

The transfer case will bolt up, but the pcm won’t be able to control it correctly. The 4x4 module is integrated into the pcm on 04 explorers. You will have to get a pcm from an 04 4.6 explorer that has 4x4.
  5. 8

XLT COBRA

Sct pro racer software with an X3 programmer
  6. 8

XLT COBRA

Explorer a/c compressor
  7. 8

XLT COBRA

I have done this swap. Pretty straight forward as long as you are starting with a v8 Explorer. Almost everything bolts up, I used a lot of aviator parts also. I am using a stock explorer pcm with a custom tune. All my climate control works like factory.I had to bend 1 power steering line to fit...
  8. 8

lowering and leveling

Well, the website was still active when I posted that, but i just checked and the website is gone. So maybe not?
  9. 8

lowering and leveling

Canuck Motorsports makes lowering springs. BBK used to make springs also, but I think they are hard to find now. I have Canuck springs on stock shocks.
  10. 8

Procharged 2003

I like to like I got pretty close to that with my “Explobra” build from a few years ago. I am changing superchargers soon and I’ll hopefully be around 550 hp. Still AWD also.
  11. 8

OEM ambient lighting install

You just put keyed battery power to the wire in the pic and ground the other wire. It’s a very simple circuit to the module. You can run a wire to the switch from the dash lights so the switch will light up with the headlights on, but it’s not required.
  12. 8

(04 explorer limited) First time posting here. Have a question and I’m needing advice

I don’t think a pipe will fit between the trans and the fuel tank on the passenger side. You are probably going to have to bring both pipes over the crossmember on the stock drivers side. When I did my engine swap I was going to use the stock y-pipe but remove the Y and run duals from there. I...
  13. 8

6r80 swap 2004 Ford Explorer DONE!!

That’s awesome! I considered doing this swap also when i did my terminator swap. F150 trans and 06-10 explorer t-case. My 5R55 has held up really well so far though. I’ve been following this build for a while now. Good thing you didn’t hit the buck standing next to the road in your video at the...
  14. 8

Has anyone tried to add a keyless entry pad to the passenger side or lift gate area?

Ford makes an add on keyless pad that you program as a fob. You can stick it wherever you want...
  15. 8

03 Explorer 2 valve to 06 Mustang gt 3 valve

Plus the 06-10 explorers had basically the same 4.6 3v as a mustang. You could use the wiring and pcm from one of those, but you would have to swap to the 6 speed trans also, which is better anyway. I am not a fan of any of the 3 valve engines, but good luck with your swap. As far as putting in...
  16. 8

Explorer to Aviator front brake upgrade

I just left them loose.
  17. 8

Bulletproofing a 3rd gen

Last trans I built for mine cost $500 and half of that was a shift solenoid pack. The problem with a swap is the transfer case, it has a unique flange. If you had a 2wd or used a different t-case it probably wouldn’t be too hard. I have considered a 6 speed auto swap from a 4th gen. The early...
  18. 8

Bulletproofing a 3rd gen

The v8 and v6 have the exact same transmission with a different bellhousing. If you get the transmission rebuilt properly and the case sleeved, should be no problem. Wheel bearings go out on everything eventually, 3rd gens do have them go out a little more often, but nothing crazy. The rear diff...
  19. 8

4.6 2v with a 6r80

I would like to do this swap. I think the transfer case from a fourth gen 6r60 would be needed also, or at least the front case half. Everything else looks close. I have measured from bellhousing to trans mount and they are close to the same.
  20. 8

Transmission the same v8 and v6?

Most of the internals are the same, but the case is different between the v6 and v8. You wouldn’t be able to just take it out and put it in the other truck. What’s happening with your ‘04?
  21. 8

How to: '02 limited 4.0 to 4.6 dohc swap

I made a custom bracket and I think I used the explorer power steering pump, I just mounted it lower than normal.
  22. 8

Is this anybody here?

It’s me, search “project explobra” for the build thread.
  23. 8

Next project vehicle?

I must have missed it, how did you get an 8-bolt crank? I ran into the same issue. Be careful with flexplates. If you use an non explorer flexplate, you will need a non explorer starter. They have a specific ring gear depth that is different from other fords. I have heard that you can machine...
  24. 8

03 3rd Gen Engine Swap about to start

Also, is the bell housing the same on the inline 6? What are you planning for a trans if not? These were my concerns when I was considering this.
Back